'Vengeance Unbound' Updates Thread

Yay finally the annual #2! Thanks Ixnay!
*edit*
Just read the review, spot on! My only little gripe is you didn't say a word of the cover, probably one of the best GR covers ever, with the painting technique giving GR probably the most solid, menacing yet simple look he'd ever had. It reminds me a little the Batman animated series in its proportions and style(grey ghost anyone?), with the Scarecrow face in backgroun, also essential, and with the labyrinth texture, that's truly a classic.
I especially dig GR skull evidenced in the hellfire only by few essential tracts. If i ever manage to gain some solid money that's would be the Saltares picture i would love to have in my room...

I'll hopefully be reviewing Tail of Tears # 2 here in the next week. I've been busy with doctors and insurance people over the last week, following a car wreck I had back in February, so my time has been incredible short lately. But next week is hopefully when reviews will start up again. Thanks for asking!

Hey Ixnay, sorry to hear about your accident! Hope your alright. You are one dedicated GR fan, even after an accident and all the headaches that occur afterwards, your still got time updating your site. Thanks again!

Er, take your time, hope none was hurt. Health first!

I actually have to start physical therapy for my back this coming Tuesday - originally injured in the auto wreck, then made about a billion times worse by an injury last week at work (I work in a behavioral hospital and had to break up a fight between two teenage girls that resulted in me falling backward and hitting a doorknob right in the center of my back).

But on the plus side, I DID get some new reviews up on the site this weekend:

Devil's Reign: Cyblade/Ghost Rider # 1
Marvel Age # 87
Giant-Size Hulk # 1

So enjoy those for now, and I'll probably have some more new ones posted as the week goes on. Thanks for all your support, guys!

you should seek vengeance for your injuries and troubles, A VENGEANCE UNBOUND! sorry, i just had to. but on a serious note, good luck with your physical therapy. good review on the devil's reign: cyblade/GR comic, first time ive seen an actual review for it.

Get well soon, Ixnay. A friend of mine is in the same boat, so I totally sympathise. Back problems aren't nice.

:yay:

I've been in three car wrecks all within the same year, so I know full well of how craptastic back problems are. I had to be in therapy for 6 months, so I hope you don't have to suffer in that place as long as I did.
I hope you get better, and don't strain yourself!
Oh, and thanks for all the reviews! :yay:

Hey Ixnay i just want to tell you i really like the Reprint Gallery section. I think thats a really cool idea and always looked for a website that would have the covers.

Well gang, I know it's been a long time since you last heard from me. Health problems combined with computer problems have kept me away from the 'net for quite a bit of time, but now I'm back and better than ever - and so is Vengeance Unbound! I posted reviews of three new books tonight and plan to do a bunch more over the next week to get caught up with all the issues released since I last updated. Let me know what you think of the reviews!

http://ghostrider.omegacen.com

Issues Reviewed:
Ghost Rider # 3 (vol. 4)
Ghost Rider: Trail of Tears # 2
Unholy Union # 1

Dead on review of Unholy Union, Ixnay.

http://ghostrider.omegacen.com/timeline.html

The link above is to the newest feature at Vengeance Unbound, the first steps toward building a timeline of the various Ghost Riders throughout history. The most popular feature of the old site was easily the history section (I still get comments and questions on it today, and it hasn't been on the 'net for a few years now!), so this is my attempt to bring it back with a different twist. Check it out, feel free to comment on it in this thread, and watch for updates to it. I'll try to post 3 Riders at a time, though some entries will be shorter than others (like the Ghost Rider of WWI, who's only appeared in one panel of a comic).

I've done some more work on the Ghost Rider Timeline feature, and below is a list on what's been covered so far. Expect more updates to follow (and let me know what you think of this, guys...I think it's looking quite sharp, but I'd like a few other opinions).

Timeline:
20,000 B.C. - The Spirits of Vengeance
2,000 Years Ago - Zarathos
1700s - Ghost Rider I/Noble Kale
1867 - Ghost Rider II/Caleb
1914-1918 - Ghost Rider III/unknown WWI GR
1945 - Blazing Skull
early 1970s - Ghost Rider IV/Naomi Kale
mid 1970s - Ghost Rider V/Max Parrish

Hey VU!

Awesome work on the page, I really loved the Ghost Rider timeline, never heard of Ghost Rider V before (Max perish and the like)! I was wondering if you were going to add the Spirit of Vengeance from the future in this series? Primarily the incarnation that teamed up in the Galactic Gaurdians, and the other in the Marvel UK version who roamed the future.

Thanks again for providing that awesome website!

Congratulations, Ixnay!
The Timeline is awesome, keep the good work.
It´s really cool to sse the few GR channels and sources of info holding up and resisting the lack of news and the disappointment that was the movie.
Even our beloved SHH board is getting smaller and smaller. I´ve search for the MERCHANDISE thread and it´s gone, like many others.
It´s sad, but i can´t complain. Years ago there was nothing.
No movie, no ongoing, no sites, no toys, nothing.
We´re kind of lucky.
Could be better, but that´s cool for now.
GR4EVR!!!
PS: BLAZING SKULL in the TIMELINE...
Awesome.

I remeber asking Howard Mackie if he thought the Blazing skull was a spirit of vengeance and he gave me a flat out no. now would ghost rider 2099 be included. he wasnt really a spirit of vengeance but he was a ghost rider.

As far as I'm concerned, until they come and give a definitive answer against, the coincidences in the Blazing Skull's story will always lump him into the "maybe a Ghost Rider" pile.

And yes, I'll be including both Ghost Rider 2099 and the Ghost Rider of the Galactic Guardians in the timeline (though, obviously, they'll probably come last, lol). I also plan on doing small pieces on the Ghost Riders of alternate realities (such as Speed Demon from Amalgam). Glad you guys are enjoying the feature!

New Reviews at Vengeance Unbound:

Ghost Rider # 4 (vol. 2)
Ghost Rider 2099 # 21
Ghost Rider: The Visual Guide
Ghost Rider # 10 (vol. 5)

Ugh, I'm still six issues behind on reviews for the current series and four behind on Trail of Tears. That's what I get for taking time off, I suppose, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"