World Venom Movie Script Is Done !

sPiDeRmAn2o29

Civilian
Reaction score
Venom Movie is Moving Forward

The film's screenwriter says that the studio has the script and is "pushing forward" with the movie.
"We've written two drafts of Venom, and the studio has it, and they're pushing forward in whatever ways they push forward," said Venom co-writer Paul Wernick in an interview with SciFi Wire.

Alongside Rhett Reese, Wernick co-wrote both "Venom" and the upcoming Zombieland.

When asked if Spider-Man would play a part in the spin-off, the writer remained mysteriously tight-lipped, "We can't really talk about that, unfortunately," Wernick said. "Basically, the studio and Marvel and the Arads are taking our drafts and going beyond and figuring out what's the next step."

Venom.jpg

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/joshw24/news/?a=10389

This is awesome news, IMO. I'm quite surprised tha they are being quiet about Spidey beign in the film. SO, I guess this means it's a possiblity. :up:

Here is the important news. If the script is already done it means that it wont be a reboot of venom. If they were to focus on a reboot version than they would have nothing to follow as far as the questioning of whether or not spidey 5 and 6 will be a blue print for a reboot. Think logically on this one... The script is already finished yet the script for spider-man 4 isnt. To make a venom film thats not based on the spider-man franchise would not only make no sense but, they would have to re-cast spider-man for the origins to work. You cant start from scratch without spider-man's involvement. Also the main fact that everytime they mentioned the film, spin-off is also the keyword used. When you have a reboot, your starting from scratch with new actors and only flashbacks of the origins like punisher war zone and incredible hulk. A spin-off would be a movie based on a character from a film like elektra in daredevil. Since the premiere of spider-man 3 ( that I heard from topher graces own mouth that his character didnt die and would only return for a sequel and NEVER a spin-off ) I have been trying to tell people that venom's character did not die and yet I get the your full of it story well now everyone who doubted me can kiss my behind.

This is awesome news, IMO. I'm quite surprised tha they are being quiet about Spidey beign in the film. SO, I guess this means it's a possiblity. :up:

well, if you think about it tobey got 50 mill from sony plus time off with his kids on set to do spider-man 4 and 5 at same time but since that plan isnt working out, maybe he can be involved in the venom film. Same way that Warner bros could have screwed christian bale and stuck him in a JLA movie if batman 3 wasnt going to be done and thats why he was a little worried at first.

I think that would be a genius idea to have tobey in the venom film since the 4th spidey film might be his last. The spin-off of venom would fail if they dont include spider-man or a strong villian ( come to think about it carnage was like the only villian he faced off in the comics besides the new venom ). Not saying its carnage for sure but, that would be the obvious choice. I just hope they dont kick in the anti-venom idea because thats way too early and mac gargan wasnt even introduced yet in the spider-man series as the scorpion.

The fact that they cant even mention if spider-man will be in the venom film is an easy giveaway but we will see what happens.

Yeah, I'm not going to speculate on the movie much until more information is released so it will probably be a couple of months. This is a good sign though ^_^.

. When you have a reboot, your starting from scratch with new actors and only flashbacks of the origins like punisher war zone and incredible hulk..

. A spin-off would be a movie based on a character from a film like elektra in daredevil.

. I have been trying to tell people that venom's character did not die and yet I get the your full of it story well now everyone who doubted me can kiss my behind.

:applaud Congratulations!!!! Captain Obvious

Big, epic magnanimous facepalm at these news.. and this thread too, why not.

Just as long as Marvel will get the balls to bring in Carnage and make it a hard-PG-13, I'll be happy. While I liked Topher, I would personally, rather see either A) Topher come back but buffed up or B) Recast Brock and have it where the pumpkin bomb didn't kill him afterall.

I'll believe it when I see it. I am assuming it will tie in to the SM5/6 revamp if anything.

Last edited:
I hope it's still Topher...I actually liked him...

some people have a hard time getting it through thier head on the difference between a reboot and spin-off. thats all.

They should know the difference and if not there really isn't much hope for them anyway.

Cool...

...I just think that he wasn't big enough or angry enough (noy enough hate)...but still...I thought he was good...

I hope it's still Topher...I actually liked him...

He was very serious about not returning for a spin-off because they always do bad and would only return for a sequel. You never know though and maybe if the script is good enough he might return. We will see what happens...

And so the epic battle of which movie I could care about less between Venom and Magneto continues...

You know Spider-man can be in it but not Tobey.They could always have it that Spider-man doesn't take off his mask.

Am I the only one who:
A. Has never had any real interest in Venom...
B. Realizes that the character is a one-dimensional cardboard character who's popularity comes from his uniform...
C. Thinks this makes about as much sense as giving Boba Fett his own movie?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"