World Venom Movie Script Is Done !

Am I the only one who:
A. Has never had any real interest in Venom...
B. Realizes that the character is a one-dimensional cardboard character who's popularity comes from his uniform...
C. Thinks this makes about as much sense as giving Boba Fett his own movie?

No you're not the only one, tho I do have interest in the character, i agree mostly with you're two other points

Am I the only one who:
B. Realizes that the character is a one-dimensional cardboard character who's popularity comes from his uniform...
Nope, you're not.

well, if you think about it tobey got 50 mill from sony plus time off with his kids on set to do spider-man 4 and 5 at same time but since that plan isnt working out, maybe he can be involved in the venom film. Same way that Warner bros could have screwed christian bale and stuck him in a JLA movie if batman 3 wasnt going to be done and thats why he was a little worried at first.

I think that would be a genius idea to have tobey in the venom film since the 4th spidey film might be his last. The spin-off of venom would fail if they dont include spider-man or a strong villian ( come to think about it carnage was like the only villian he faced off in the comics besides the new venom ). Not saying its carnage for sure but, that would be the obvious choice. I just hope they dont kick in the anti-venom idea because thats way too early and mac gargan wasnt even introduced yet in the spider-man series as the scorpion.

The fact that they cant even mention if spider-man will be in the venom film is an easy giveaway but we will see what happens.

THe fact that they can't mention if Spidey is in or out means he is out.

If he was in they'd say so straight away, to build the hype for a movie which outside of the fan community, won't have a lot of hype.

And if he is not in it they won't come out and say straight away "Oh no Spidey won't be in it" because that would turn a lot of people off straight away.

I heard (old news probably) that Topher denies any intention of a spin-off.

And yeah...bring back Topher...just get a bigger guy in the Venom suit.

It's great news. Venom needs to star in a movie so we Venom fans can get even with Sam.

Am I the only one who:

You're not the only one bro! Though, I recommend you to take cover before all the little kids are all over you!

Am I the only one who:

No :otto:

Why would someone even come to this thread if they don't even like Venom?

Why would someone even come to this thread if they don't even like Venom?
In all of the Venom threads I've been to on this board, theirs always a couple of people who have no interest in the character at all, and just post "Venom sux" "Venom's overrated" Blah blah blah, it gets old.

I'm thrilled about this. I'm hoping it does well. This and the Deadpool film.

I'm kinda cool either way with the Topher deal. If he stays, that's fine. If he doesn't, that's fine too. Although I would prefer him to like, try to get a little more built up. He just doesn't look like a threat at all. :dry:

And Carnage should be the villain. Since psychopath villains are in nowadays. :hehe: But it'd just be awesome seeing them fight. I'm hoping they don't scrape this movie though.

Am I the only one who:

Always a good laugh to see an extremest on either end. One dimensional is a bold, and somewhat false statement. While early Venom was a very straight forward revenge seaker, as the years went on the character developed to have his own beliefs and ways to deal with what he viewed as evil. Now in recent comics his character has developed to feel remorse for his former tactics and battles his past demons and reactions to criminals. Brock in the movie was the one dimensional, and IMO poorly executed. However the character himself isn't has basic and overrated as certain bashers believe and try to insist upon. If he's one dimensional, then I can name quite a few other loved characters that are in the same boat.

i should be excited about this movie, but i am not. i don't really have any interest. i'd rather it not go ahead and they just soley focus on the spider-man series. it's spider-man's world, venom and the other villains are just in it.

Last edited:
Why? The visual of Venom and Carnage fighting across the New York skyline in live action would be immense.

And with a brutal anti hero like Venom, you need a villain so despicable to have that contrast. Carnage is the only one who fits the bill.

It will make the audience have to choose the lesser of two evils.

Who else should he fight against? How many interesting enemies are there besides Carnage and maybe the Jury?

Why? The visual of Venom and Carnage fighting across the New York skyline in live action would be immense.

And with a brutal anti hero like Venom, you need a villain so despicable to have that contrast. Carnage is the only one who fits the bill.

It will make the audience have to choose the lesser of two evils.

Yeah, but I personally think it would take a long time to make Carnage, and how Cletus Cassady is born. :o

Maybe we could have him turning into Carnage at the end...think Batman Begins, it didn't have Joker, but got Positive reception. :)

But what you said at the begining...yeah, you've got a point, but this movie is also kinda focused on Venom...but meh, we could have Carnage.

Who else should he fight against? How many interesting enemies are there besides Carnage and maybe the Jury?

The Hybrid?

Mace?

(those two appearing off his limited series)

Sin Eater? (like the original Eddie Brock story...hehe)

Wolverine? (even though he isn't a villain, would do alright)

Wolverine wouldn't get in this movie. Fox has him in their grasp.

Who and who?

Ah, nevermind.

Hybrid wouldn't do good anyway...

and Jeff Mace wouldn't be that recognizable...

But I think Sin Eater would be good for the Venom movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"