The Avengers Verdict on The Avengers 3D

TheNewGirl

Civilian
Reaction score
So whats the official word on the 3D for those of you who have seen it, I know a lot of people are wondering this around the board, and I cant seem to find anything related to the actual non imax 3D.

The reason I ask is because Im stuck with a regular 3D midnight showing! Argh... I wanted it in IMAX at least, but Im not so lucky. There are not even any regular 2D midnight showings at my theater. Is anyone in the same position? Because we need some input on the 3D and if its any good! Well, I do at least... I need re-assurance I suppose. Im worried!

Thanks! Hopefully this doesn't get closed, and can be a universal thread for the 3D for people searching for opinions.

Last edited:
There is no IMAX where I live, and the only showings are 3D. So there is no choice!

There is no IMAX where I live, and the only showings are 3D. So there is no choice!

Yep, Im in the same boat! Its ridiculous. Id much prefer a good ole fashion 2d showing over 3D anyday. But I have to se this at midnight, Im just worried the 3D will ruin the picture. :(

Most of my showings are in 3D as well, but I've heard from a friend who's seen the movie that the 3D is actually good. :)

I'm going to watch in 2D first just to be sure. Then i'll try it in 3D on the following day.

I'm gonna watch it 2D. I might go to IMAX 3D if I have sometime but I don't know yet.

We need more input! come on guys who have seen it in regular 3d.

I thought the 3D was fine beside one shot:

When the first leviathan comes through the portal and comes toward the screen. It was all distorted and blurry and actually kinda gave me a headache.

Other than that there were no problems and I found it quite enjoyable.

The way it's been going so far, Imax 3d looks great on most screens, but regular 3D isn't as impressive, a little on the dark and blurry side on the edges. 2d is more bright and clear in the regular format.

I saw it in IMAX 3D and thought it was well done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"