Villains we need to see in this Batman solo franchise

Back to the LoS-CoO topic, I actually dig the Gotham take where the CoO was basically an extension of the LoS or a separate organization controlled by Ra's.

Back to the LoS-CoO topic, I actually dig the Gotham take where the CoO was basically an extension of the LoS or a separate organization controlled by Ra's.
It makes sense too since the Talons are ancient people that stay alive through some sort of technology. You can very easily say it's just the Lazarus waters.

So... at the risk of extrapolating things that I shouldn't be, we may need to recalibrate here.

Reeves' batsuit is even more down-to-earth and realistic than Nolan's. This thing literally looks like Battinson walked into a police/military surplus store. So if realism is the name of the game yet again, methinks we've got some villains we can reasonably rule out.

Good. No stupid monsters then. It’s already going to be a world with a larger/established rogues gallery than Nolan’s...and fanboys will still complain because it’s not fantastical enough.

So... at the risk of extrapolating things that I shouldn't be, we may need to recalibrate here.

Reeves' batsuit is even more down-to-earth and realistic than Nolan's. This thing literally looks like Battinson walked into a police/military surplus store. So if realism is the name of the game yet again, methinks we've got some villains we can reasonably rule out.

I think you're probably right. And I'd say everyone else will be equally toned down.

Court of Owls would be such a breath of fresh air for a sequel. CoO meets Dark Victory.

I hope they will be able to make Ivy work in this setting. Maybe drop monster plants, but poison, mind control, environmentalist themes, being a botanist wizard... Seeing Catwoman for n-th time is nice and all, Harley also gets at least 3 movies... It's time for Ivy to return.

Margot wants to use her on the next Harley project. I’d rather see that dynamic instead. Let her have dibs on Poison Ivy.

The ways things are going,I won't be surprise if Matt Batman movies will have their own Joker,Harley and other villains.I heard that Matt is aiming for something grounded mixed with the fantastical stuff from the comics. That's why he said he love Nolans Batman movies,but he will not copy them.Which is a big plus! I want to see Bane done right with Clayface,Man-Bat, KGBeast,Deathstroke and Mr Freeze! I heard in his first draft he had Bane in it and he was going to go comic Bane crossed with Arkham Bane ( with the help of CGI). Idk if he is still in the movie,if not maybe next time:yay:

Aside from what’s already been announced. New Joker, Two-Face, Talon, Hugo Strange, Scarecrow, Hush, Freeze, Mr Bloom, Professor Pyg.

I know there’s redundancy, but I’m always interested in a new artists take.

I mean, there’s an endless rogues gallery that I’d love to see Reeves take on.

The ways things are going,I won't be surprise if Matt Batman movies will have their own Joker,Harley and other villains.I heard that Matt is aiming for something grounded mixed with the fantastical stuff from the comics. That's why he said he love Nolans Batman movies,but he will not copy them.Which is a big plus! I want to see Bane done right with Clayface,Man-Bat, KGBeast,Deathstroke and Mr Freeze! I heard in his first draft he had Bane in it and he was going to go comic Bane crossed with Arkham Bane ( with the help of CGI). Idk if he is still in the movie,if not maybe next time:yay:
Where did you hear this about Bane?

Margot wants to use her on the next Harley project. I’d rather see that dynamic instead. Let her have dibs on Poison Ivy.
I'm not happy with the quality of Margot's Harley (and that side of DCFU in general), so I don't care for that version. I hope subpar box office will change the plans.

Performance wise Margot is definitive Harley and I never want to see anyone else in the role. I don’t mind them changing the direction, but keep Margot. I loved Birds of Prey too, so I wouldn’t mind Poison Ivy joining her in a few years.

Where did you hear this about Bane?
Sadly it been deleted :(.. Now if I can find that YouTube video,I'll post it on here! It been hard trying to find the video,I don't know if WB or the YouTubers themselves deleted it.

Margot herself is fine. Movies are not.
I have to agree! That Birds Of Prey movie is reminds of Punisher War Zone and Ghost Rider : Spirit Of Vengeance ( Not bad but also not good) . A part of me is hoping for Matt Reeve's Batman is a reboot or soft reboot to the DC universe.

It’s a hard reboot already. It’s not connected to anything.

It’s a hard reboot already. It’s not connected to anything.
Which is really good! I think DC needs a fresh start with the characters. Matt Reeves The Batman is a very great start.

Totally agree - the villains we are used to will, if shown, will be viewed from our reality, so to speak.

Which got thinking today, if you take the idea of any villain, how would they be seen in a movie like Se7en (I'm using this movie as the template of the Reeve world).

Man- Bat, this was very fun to visualize - also very disturbing and R rated.

A man, with a double cleft lip and deformed nose - maybe middle eastern origin is an out cast, or so he feels - at school he was bullied, it effected him, he grew to hate his face, himself, he's also mentally ******ed -nothing specific to link to, just weird, creepy, unable to gel in society.

He works nights, in a job for the city with minimal human interaction - he's pale, poor posture, hairy, dishevelled.
He murders his victims, - hides their bodies in a cave, hanging from the ceiling - they are skinned. He uses the skin as wings, he sewed the dried flesh together, creating a sheet like hind, he has weird piercings - hoops, on his wrist, under arm and side of his ribs, he attaches the sheet of skin to the hoops and has wings, like a bat.. think buffalo bill, making a woman suit, well, he makes wings and devours the flesh of the corpses whilst wearing this wings.

The irony if you will, the victims (several of them) were people who mocked him one summer camp, calling him the 'human bat' due to his cleft lip and inverted nose.

So, the break down, women being taken, no clues until he starts to discard the older corpses - showing bite marks and skinned areas.

Bruce tracks it down to the cave - they get their, new victims strung up, hanging, whilst a 'man bat' is parading around them, as they scream in pain/fear.

Anyways, a different approach, I like it as fan fiction, it's disturbing and gritty, I can see it causing Pattison Bats some issues.

Sarsgaard on Colbert right now, briefly talks about his character, some not so nice character. I'm wondering if he's going to be one of the victims?

One D-grade villain I've been thinking about lately is Killer Moth. He seems so far outside the realm of possibility because he's so outwardly silly, but if someone like Reeves could boil him down and flesh him out; the idea of this guy who sees this unique opportunity in the emergence of Batman and hires himself out to criminals planning heists as their own sort of anti-Batman protection is actually pretty interesting and could be really cool in a movie.

anybody who would willing hire themselves out to be an anti-Batman protector would need to have some MASSIVE balls lol cool idea though

I want to see these four established by the second or third movie.

I also wouldn’t mind seeing Raimi’s original Spider-Man 4 opening sequence (a montage where Spidey is taking down Mysterio, Prowler, Shocker and Rhino) used for The Batman sequel. I’d nominate Clayface (Basil Karlo’s masked killer), Croc (a brutish thug/cannibal), Firefly (if he’s not in the first movie. Arsonist of course). Who else would fit the bill? 4 or 5 names..

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"