Vince Doesn't See Money in the Wrestling Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The issue I have with the IWC community is that many of them look at all the flashy moves of certain wrestlings and ignore basic ring psychology, as in if their mic skills are up to snuff, if they're good at telling or carrying out storylines, if they can sell, do they follow a good strategy, and also, like what's been talked about in this thread the last few weeks, do they fit in with a certain companys goals or can they adjust to a certain company's plans?

Say what people want about Cena or Hogan, or other guys in the past, but they may not be the flashiest wrestlers nor are they most skilled wrestlers, but they both had a great understanding of ring psychology, unlike the f**king Great Khali or some of these indie darlings the IWC raves on about.

My blood boils when they say Indy wrestling is real pro wrestling and the ultimate best,Especially when they say that and put someone like Kevin Steen in the same sentence

It's true. Their were so many bandwagon fans that jumped off after a bit.

On here it's never that bad But I've read on different wrestling forums where people I knew would mark for Punk like during SES/New Nexus and claimed "****ed"during the pipe bomb and that he was so badly used&one of the most underrated..But once Punk turned face/casuals dug him much more and did his pipe bombs they acted like was Hulk Hogan and when he tried to get Beth Phoenix a push and his long title reign started they acted like was was a major *****e and worse than Cena.

When Zack Ryder started with his YouTube videos they loved him But once he became Cena's best friend on TV he was a joke and his guts were hated.

The fickleness and hypocrisy makes me laugh, tbh, especially when a huge majority of them seem to put themselves on a pedestal and think they are the elite and ultimate.

Now...I'm not one of the more fickle "smarks" being described here but at times we gotta admit that sometimes it's because WWE Creative can take something with potential and make it stupid.

For instance, I remember there was a lot of Internet support for Orton during his "Legend Killer" days and even during his early "Viper" days but now you see people saying "Blandy Boreton", "The Bore Lord", "The Robot" etc due to how much his promo skills diminished in the persona.

That's something to also keep in mind, I think.

I think ROH is a chore to watch outside of the Briscoes and Matt Taven.I watch CHIKARA and PWG sometimes, but SHIMMER is the best USA indy company IMO. i'm not a big indy fan despite often being being mistaken for one.

That all goes without saying. We all know that, but the IWC tends to put indie and guys on a pedestal like these guys are incredibly better than all of the WWE guys when in truth some of them wouldn't even last in NXT not because they're being kept down, but because they don't fit and they won't adjust to fit.

Those types just need to remember that for every promising performer in the Indies, 9 times out of 10, there is atleast 2 or 3 vanilla/spot monkey performers. No matter what promotion it is.

Hell you can apply this to the Independent film scene and the Underground hip-hop scene too if ya like.

Last edited:
I think ROH is a chore to watch outside of the Briscoes and Matt Taven.I watch CHIKARA and PWG sometimes, but SHIMMER is the best USA indy company IMO. i'm not a big indy fan despite often being being mistaken for one.

I had to look up what SHIMMER was. I'm interested in checking it out.

I had to look up what SHIMMER was. I'm interested in checking it out.

I think SHIMMER is pretty great because the ladies there often uderstand the basics of wrestling better than men on the indies.

To me, TNA does the things wrong that NXT does right with their younger guys.

If I was running TNA, I would:

- Put less emphasis on The Hogans or fire them

- Do away with all the regurgitated Stable War angles.

- Fire just about EVERY member of Aces N Eights besides Mr.Anderson and The Dudleys.

- Take Bully Ray out of the title picture.

- Put more emphasis on The X Division, Robert Roode, Austin Aries, AJ Styles, Magnus, Samoa Joe, Kurt Angle, Jeff Hardy etc, The Tag division and The Knockouts division.

- I'd also fire Robbie T, Jessie Godderz, and Robbie E.

These things alone should enhance the product incredibly.

I don't necessarily disagree with most of this, but I'm fine with Bully Ray being champion right now. I think he's done some of the best work of his career over the last year and a half or so (starting around the "calfzilla" era through his current run as the paranoid champion). He should absolutely drop the belt at Bound For Glory, though. Ideally to AJ, if they can somehow salvage that storyline.

That has me thinking... Who do y'all consider the best wrestlers to never hold a "world title" (WWF/E, WCW/NWA)?

For me, it may be Arn Anderson and Dean Malenko.

Arn Anderson, Scott Hall, Jake Roberts, Ted DiBiase, Dean Malenko, Christopher Daniels, Magnum TA, Rick Rude (since he was only recognized as the champion of "WCW-International"), Tully Blanchard, Greg Valentine, Roddy Piper, Nikita Koloff and Curt Hennig (since the AWA World Heavyweight championship was not mentioned in the question).

Arn Anderson, Scott Hall, Jake Roberts, Ted DiBiase, Dean Malenko, Christopher Daniels, Magnum TA, Rick Rude (since he was only recognized as the champion of "WCW-International"), Tully Blanchard, Greg Valentine, Roddy Piper, Nikita Koloff and Curt Hennig (since the AWA World Heavyweight championship was not mentioned in the question).

That title was the main championship at the time he won it as WCW cut ties with the NWA earlier that month. It was the only major title in WCW at the time.

Last edited:
Okay, actually WCW did have 2 world titles at the time. 1993 WCW was confusing.

Okay, actually WCW did have 2 world titles at the time. 1993 WCW was confusing.

Yeah, at the point where Rude has the International title Vader was the WCW Champion, then in 94 Sting and Flair unified the titles and the big gold belt became the only one once again and was simply called the World Heavyweight Championship. This of course was all done in preparation to hand it all neatly over the Hulk Hogan a couple of months late. :D

Yeah, at the point where Rude has the International title Vader was the WCW Champion, then in 94 Sting and Flair unified the titles and the big gold belt became the only one once again and was simply called the World Heavyweight Championship. This of course was all done in preparation to hand it all neatly over the Hulk Hogan a couple of months late. :D

I was watching at the time but a lot of it is fuzzy. I was 6 afterall lol.

Competitors for the 2013 G1 Climax were announced.

The G1 Climax starts on August 1 and goes until August 11 where the finals will take place at Sumo Hall in Tokyo. The competitors are as follows:
Block A: IWGP Champion Kazuchika Okada, Hiroshi Tanahashi, Togi Makabe, IWGP Jr. Champion Prince Devitt, IWGP Tag Champion Satoshi Kojima, Tomohiro Ishii, Hirooki Goto, Katsuyori Shibata, Lance Archer, Davey Boy Smith Jr.

Block B: IWGP Tag Champion Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Yuji Nagata, Shinsuke Nakamura, Tetsuya Naito, Yujiro Takahashi, Minoru Suzuki, Shelton Benjamin, Toru Yano, Karl Anderson, Kota Ibushi.

Really good stuff. So awesome NJPW got Ibushi and Shibata for this tournament. Bringing outside talent really gives this tournament credibility. Can't say enough good things about NJPW. They're definitely the best company out right now.

:awesome:

It irks me that Harry Smith isn't working in WWE or TNA. I've always seen potential in him.

Last edited:
Does every or most divas need to have fake ass boobs?Damn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"