Vince McMahon restarted the Wrestling Thread and ruined it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't stop watching Lesnar's return. Yes, he's an ass kicker, but the man also oozes presence. Goosebump stuff and once more, he doesn't have to say one word to get that across. What made it even more epic is that I knew someone was gonna interrupt Vince before he uttered the final word, but I thought it was gonna be The Shield.

Last edited:
- WWE Champion The Rock tweeted the following to his fellow Superstars on Saturday:

"Thank U @WWE Superstars for the awesome welcoming me back & getting the "big picture" plan. You're true locker room leaders! #RoadToMania"

- F4Wonline.com reports that as of Saturday, there is still no word on whether or not The Undertaker will work WrestleMania 29. It's said that Taker keeps changing his mind.

There is also no replacement match in the works for CM Punk yet. Besides all the talk, we should know something more solid on the weekend of WWE's Elimination Chamber pay-per-view.

- Many fans were wondering WWE's reasoning for having this year's Royal Rumble match come down to John Cena and Ryback. There was no longterm reasoning, such as an upcoming feud, behind Cena eliminating Ryback. Officials just wanted Cena eliminating someone strong to win the match.

- There was talk of doing a Money in the Bank match at WrestleMania 29 but WWE officials recently decided they do not want the match taking place on the biggest show of the year. The feeling is Money in the Bank should be left to its own pay-per-view. The idea for this year would have been to feature Ryback in the match to get him over big time but that won't be happening, at least not at WrestleMania.

Source: PWInsider

http://www.pwpix.net/pwpixnews/headlines/361904879.php
http://www.pwpix.net/pwpixnews/headlines/361905865.php

The SA/GW dvds usually run anywhere from $1 to $10 depending on how many discs they have. There is also a dollar store a few blocks past them that sells used dvds from Canadian rental stores for $3 each, as well as some knew WB movies. So, yeah, I tend to take advantage when I can. Occasionally I'll spend more on used dvds at a place called Mondo Kim's because they have some rarer stuff (Battlefield Baseball and Man Bites Dog were my last purchases there).
I scour the dollar stores too. Found Satanic Rites of Dracula that way to finish off my Chris Lee Dracula collection. I like getting used dvds for cheap but I always cross my fingers that the discs are good. I don't really care about the boxs or covers since I can make the covers and reuse old boxes but if the disc is in sh** condition it anoys me. OCD I guess. As long as it plays you'd think I would be ok.

It all depends. Usually during the week I catch up on shows I missed thanks to on demand (I watch too many to begin with, and they tend to always get pushed aside for wrestling in some fashion), so most of my movie watching gets done on the weekend. If there is nothing to watch, I'll try to get two movies in starting at midnight (I tend to stay up to 6 AM anyways). I try to get most of my movie watching done on the weekends, like yesterday with the Re-Animator trilogy, or Aristocrats and Secret of NIMH just now, or last weekend where I killed Kill Bill 1/2, the Nolan Batman trilogy, and some other films.

One reason I miss college is because we'd get together and do big marathons. We knocked out the X-Men trilogy in one night and it was great. Did the same with LOTR extended editions one weekend. Even though I loved the movies it damn near killed us. Took all of a Saturday.

One of my funniest movie experiences was going to watch Brazil for a sci fi film class. I wanted to see it so badly but I was so hung the f** over. Saw it and thought my head would explode. Tell your kids: don't drink on a weeknight (when they get old enough).

I need to do the Kill Bill Double feature one day too. I wish QT would get his a** on making the Whole Bloody Affair a reality.

Most times, length doesn't bother me, but I do have to be in the mood to watch something. I've had Seven Samurai sitting on my shelf for 4 years. Got it for free, but I just haven't found the urge to watch it yet. Not that I haven't seen it, but I just have to get the right moment in mind for a film like that.

Really? Why can't I get stuff THAT cool for free? A buddy gave me his old copy of Giant for free but thats about it. I need to get on my friends.

I can't stand Ready to Rumble. I tried watching it a few years ago before Night of Champions and I couldn't get past 40 minutes. I loved it when it came out, almost bought it too. But seeing how I can't even sit through it now, just sad. I still need No Holds Barred on dvd. Man, I hope I still like that. I can't find my old tape of it to check. **** it, I'd own that just because ZEUS! (Which is what I yell every time I see Lister in any movie. Every. ****ing. Time.)

Yeah...its sh**. I mean I know its sh** but I have a soft spot for it. Maybe because its one of those "why the hell did they make this" reasons but I have a good time watching it and usually making fun OF it. One of my wrestling buddies and I still repeat lines from that terrible film. It sums up the stupidity of 1999 WCW like the ultimate cinematic time capsule

You glorious motherf***er you...get No Holds Barred! Its also bad but I have even more nostalgic love for it. ZEUS! I have no idea why Zeus killed that guy in a steel plant...but it was hilarious. I love Tiny Lister...even in Meteor Man.

The Wrestler is a rough one to watch, as a movie fan and a wrestling fan. You want to think that that was all from yesteryear's wrestling, but we see that those indy shows are a daily thing. It's still rough out there for these guys, and most will never even have a quarter of the name that went with Randy the Ram. Look at Trent Acid, J. C. Bailey, and the like.

I dig it...but it is hard to get through. Ernest Millers role upped the fun factor for me if you can believe that. I was like "holy hell..thats The Cat! I better call my momma!"

I've showed The Wrestler to some of my friends who never really "got" wrestling and they have a bit more respect for it now. I guess there's always that.

Can't stop watching Lesnar's return. Yes, he's an ass kicker, but the man also oozes presence. Goosebump stuff and once more, he doesn't have to say one word to get that across. What made it even more epic is that I knew someone was gonna interrupt Vince before he uttered the final word, but I thought it was gonna be The Shield.

It was glorious, man. I marked out a little bit. I'll admit it. Like you said he's got this aura of badassery like a wild animal. And yeah when you don't have to talk to make a statement like he did you've got something special. I LOLed at Vince getting in his face and relished thought of what was coming.

- Many fans were wondering WWE's reasoning for having this year's Royal Rumble match come down to John Cena and Ryback. There was no longterm reasoning, such as an upcoming feud, behind Cena eliminating Ryback. Officials just wanted Cena eliminating someone strong to win the match.

Vince unzipped his pants and used his own organic divining rod. If it landed on Ryback's face he'd finish the match with Cena.

- There was talk of doing a Money in the Bank match at WrestleMania 29 but WWE officials recently decided they do not want the match taking place on the biggest show of the year. The feeling is Money in the Bank should be left to its own pay-per-view. The idea for this year would have been to feature Ryback in the match to get him over big time but that won't be happening, at least not at WrestleMania.

I'm a little torn on this. As much as I love MITB at WM I also feel its got a strong enough hook to be its on PPV. Normally I hate theme PPV's like HIAC but MITB actually works well being regular dated once a year show just like The Royal Rumble.

Mania might normally need the added drawing power but with Rock in the main event again I don't think it needs MITB unless Vince just wants yet more money even if its a little bit more.

since MITB has shown that it can draw big if booked well while other theme PPV's have seen declines I think it should stay on its own as a PPV.

What do you guys think? MITB at Wrestlemania or MITB as its own PPV?

Last edited:
I LOLed at Vince getting in his face and relished thought of what was coming.

Haha yeah, when Brock bent down and literally went nose to nose with Vince only for Vince to recoil, a brilliant moment!

What do you guys think? MITB at Wrestlemania or MITB as its own PPV?

No thanks if they want to give Ryback the briefcase, he's the last guy that needs it. :huh:

Too bad his gimmick is crappy. The only time I've enjoyed his promo work was when he ripped on Flair and let's be honest, that ain't difficult. :cwink:

At least they changed his music. :D Amazingly he seems to be more dated than Ludvig Borga. Personally I'd put him with Heyman post-Mania.

ahhhh didnt realise it was for mania, I meant post mania, and I agree with you about the Miz, but he makes a great heel with Punk as the face - agree he is mid card too, he should be competing for the intercontinental title really but the lower belts appear to be undervalued these days

Agreed, he's like a modern day Honky Tonk Man, he gets great heat ans while not wonderful in the ring, he is capable enough to be a mid-card champion that helps build the faces on their way to the next level.

Lesnar is incredible, he has great instincts, the way he directed Paul to the corner, his delay and smirk before finally F5'ing Vince, all these showed the quality of a natural worker.

- WWE Champion The Rock tweeted the following to his fellow Superstars on Saturday:

"Thank U @WWE Superstars for the awesome welcoming me back & getting the "big picture" plan. You're true locker room leaders! #RoadToMania"

I'll be the first to eat humble pie if the big picture is something other than putting Cena over and pointing to a one off buyrate.
- F4Wonline.com reports that as of Saturday, there is still no word on whether or not The Undertaker will work WrestleMania 29. It's said that Taker keeps changing his mind.

There is also no replacement match in the works for CM Punk yet. Besides all the talk, we should know something more solid on the weekend of WWE's Elimination Chamber pay-per-view.

Indecision is unusual for Taker, he must be really banged up to be so unsure. The fact WWE have no back up plan is ridiculous.

I still think Ryback should have won, I don't like him much but the crowd were baying for it and it would have really cemented him much more than winning a MITB ladder match.
Leave it as a solo PPV, it's the best gimmick PPV that WWE have IMO.

Haha yeah, when Brock bent down and literally went nose to nose with Vince only for Vince to recoil, a brilliant moment!

Vince can't put an eye out the way Triple H could so that wasn't going to intimidate Brock in any way.

I hope Lesnar superfan comes back to some shows. That guy alone makes Lesnars returns worth it.:funny:

No thanks if they want to give Ryback the briefcase, he's the last guy that needs it. :huh:

I sure don't want that but I got a bad feeling Vince may eventually give him the case no matter where or when MITB takes place

At least they changed his music. :D Amazingly he seems to be more dated than Ludvig Borga. Personally I'd put him with Heyman post-Mania.

Like I said before if they MUST make him the cliche evil foreigner at least make him a modern more cutting edge evil foreigner. I love his throwback wrestling style but hate his throwback gimmick. Its like he stepped out of 1983.

Lesnar is incredible, he has great instincts, the way he directed Paul to the corner, his delay and smirk before finally F5'ing Vince, all these showed the quality of a natural worker.

I think his character works so well because a lot of that short temper and personality of his is not much of an act. A lot of that is the real Lesner as far as being a not so talky intimidating loner. I doubt he's much of a people person.

Last edited:
I love MITB at Wrestlemania (I usually end up buying WM and it's like I get more bang for my buck) but I think MITB is a gimmick that can carry a PPV for me. It's almost like the modern day Royal Rumble.

I'd be curious to know how McMahon and Lesnar actually get on, given how pervy Vince was in the past towards Brock's wife.

I think Miz is a mid-card act at best and certainly not a good fit as a face. Punk has worked so hard this past 18 months I think he deserves a better Mania showcase than carrying a mid-card act personally.

I wouldn't blame Punk if he decided to "take his ball home" in this case. I have nothing against the Miz , but he is mediocre and for Punk not to have a main event match at Wrestlemania is downright insulting.

I'm so glad Brock re-signed another deal. I can't wait to see Brock vs Punk. Brock's a legit monster and always brings some excitement to the program.

Exactly, bullets. Cena is the biggest full time star in WWE right now. It was the only match they COULD do as a Mania main event if they wanted to draw a big buyrate. Cenas the only guy they bother to put any effort into as far as storylines and purpose (and a lot of that is awful) so its not like they were every going to build anyone else up to face Rock. That would take actual creativity and work. Rock vs Cena was the biggest and laziest easiest match WWE could do.

I had no problem with the match-up but I'm not a fan of the "See you at the Rumble / Wrestlemania/ Name a PPV next year" approach. It causes a lot of problems and kills momentum. Lazy doesn't even begin to cover it when it comes to WWE's problem with building new stars.

I didn't think she could be any hotter. :wow::hrt:

What bigger picture was Rock talking about. He has to be talking out of his ass.

I'd be curious to know how McMahon and Lesnar actually get on, given how pervy Vince was in the past towards Brock's wife.

Replace Brock Lesnar with Triple H and the query still works. :(

JC’s Top Rope Report: The WWE, Wrestlemania, & The Need To Look At The Long Term

Well, it looks like my post from about a month ago will have some weight to it after all. The results of the Royal Rumble all but guarantee us a Rock/Cena rematch for Wrestlemania 29. As I stated earlier, the match does nothing for me. I just don’t care about seeing it again.

The WWE will tell us all that the short term results from this will be great. Wrestlemania 29 will be a huge revenue gainer for the WWE. Most people believe that it will be the highest grossing gate Mania of all time. That is fine and dandy. I still don’t buy the idea that this Wrestlemania will have the most PPV buys of all time. There are a lot of people just like me who do not want to see Wrestlemania headlined by two PPV matches that have taken place in the last year. Wrestlemania is suppose to be about big, new matches that haven’t taken place before. Instead, the WWE has decided to take the safe route and book matches that have already succeeded for them. It is lazy booking at its finest. Why try something new when you can go with something that has already done well?

So while Wrestlemania 29 will be good for the short term ratings, revenue and PPV buys, it won’t help the long term success of the WWE at all in 2013. You would think that the WWE would put some effort into making new stars with The Rock back and with more viewers returning. But what did the WWE do? They put out possibly the worst RAW of the last few months this past Monday. Because once again, the WWE straddled themselves with a gimmick RAW. They went for the comedy route rather than making their young stars look like potential main eventers in the company. RAW did its highest rating since the 1000th episode. Do you really think seeing Lord Tensai in lingerie or Ryback making jokes will keep around some viewers who tuned back in to see The Rock? Most people probably watched it and said “This is what wrestling is nowadays?” It was bad booking on the WWE’s part.

I say this time and time again when it gets to Wrestlemania season. This is when casual fans kind of start to sniff around the product again. And with The Rock now WWE Champion, you know there are more than just a few fans who are coming back to the product. And the WWE gave them that horrible show on Monday. People who defend the Rock/Cena rematch will tell you that the WWE will give their mid-card guys a chance to shine at Wrestlemania with everyone watching. Lets go back the last few Wrestlemanias. When has there been a new star made at all in the process? Often times in the past Wrestlemania was looked upon as the changing of the guard in the WWE. But not since Wrestlemania 21 with John Cena and Batista has that happened. Miz won at Wrestlemania 27, but he was immediately pushed back down the card and lost the WWE Title at the next PPV. Plus, the show ended with Rock standing tall after a Rock Bottom to the Miz.

The WWE likes to use Wrestlemania as their big money maker. That’s great. It is their biggest PPV of the year and the show should generate a lot of money for the WWE. But the problem is that the WWE fails to look past Wrestlemania when it comes to the financial success of their company. Why do you think the PPV buyrates and ratings always go down in the May, June and July months? Because the WWE does nothing to keep the casual fan around after Wrestlemania. This year people know that The Rock and Brock Lesnar will more than likely be gone after Mania. What incentive do they have to stay? Do we expect the WWE to do a good job of building up guys like Dolph Ziggler and Daniel Bryan for the casual fan? If the WWE invested as much time in building their mid-card stars as they would building up their big matches, then the WWE would continue to be strong in the summer months.

But even for a life long fan like me, this Wrestlemania will be a tough pill to swallow. Why? Because the WWE is once again going to go the safe route and have John Cena win the WWE Title. Once again, this rematch wouldn’t be necessary if the WWE took the time to build someone up as a main eventer. Imagine if Dolph Ziggler had just gone on a tear all of 2012 and then won the Royal Rumble, and went on to challenge The Rock at Wrestlemania. Would it be the money maker that Rock/Cena would be? No. But the story would be just as good or even better.

And do we really need another year of John Cena ruling at the top? Even last year when he didn’t hold the WWE Title, he still main evented 9 out of 12 PPVs last year. Why should we not believe that the WWE would give John Cena a year long Title reign like they did with C.M. Punk? I think there are a lot more people getting sick of seeing John Cena at the top then the WWE thinks. And with Wrestlemania being held in the New York/New Jersey market, you can all but guarantee a negative reaction to him winning the WWE Title. Hell, there may be just a negative reaction to the whole match overall. That is why I don’t think the WWE will put C.M. Punk in the match, even if the Undertaker can’t go. That crowd will be pro-Punk. I just don’t see any way around that.

So while the WWE may be banking on the WWE bringing them in a lot of money, they really need to be looking towards the long term future of the product. With The Rock apparently ready to give the WWE some publicity by carrying the WWE Title around a bunch of places, the WWE needs to be ready too. If they want to make Wrestlemania a real success, then they need to make people care about the mid-card guys underneath the main players. But if this past week’s RAW is any indication, we could be in line for a long, painful traffic jam on the Road to Wrestlemania.

http://wrestling.insidepulse.com/20...estlemania-the-need-to-look-at-the-long-term/

Anyone else think Punk's reign was just to get the audience ready for a 2 year or more Cena reign?

Just saw trailer for Fast and Furious 6 and it looks good.

Just saw the Super Bowl add for Fast 6. Was that a flying Doomsday Device I saw?

JC’s Top Rope Report: The WWE, Wrestlemania, & The Need To Look At The Long Term

Well, it looks like my post from about a month ago will have some weight to it after all. The results of the Royal Rumble all but guarantee us a Rock/Cena rematch for Wrestlemania 29. As I stated earlier, the match does nothing for me. I just don’t care about seeing it again.

The WWE will tell us all that the short term results from this will be great. Wrestlemania 29 will be a huge revenue gainer for the WWE. Most people believe that it will be the highest grossing gate Mania of all time. That is fine and dandy. I still don’t buy the idea that this Wrestlemania will have the most PPV buys of all time. There are a lot of people just like me who do not want to see Wrestlemania headlined by two PPV matches that have taken place in the last year. Wrestlemania is suppose to be about big, new matches that haven’t taken place before. Instead, the WWE has decided to take the safe route and book matches that have already succeeded for them. It is lazy booking at its finest. Why try something new when you can go with something that has already done well?

So while Wrestlemania 29 will be good for the short term ratings, revenue and PPV buys, it won’t help the long term success of the WWE at all in 2013. You would think that the WWE would put some effort into making new stars with The Rock back and with more viewers returning. But what did the WWE do? They put out possibly the worst RAW of the last few months this past Monday. Because once again, the WWE straddled themselves with a gimmick RAW. They went for the comedy route rather than making their young stars look like potential main eventers in the company. RAW did its highest rating since the 1000th episode. Do you really think seeing Lord Tensai in lingerie or Ryback making jokes will keep around some viewers who tuned back in to see The Rock? Most people probably watched it and said “This is what wrestling is nowadays?” It was bad booking on the WWE’s part.

I say this time and time again when it gets to Wrestlemania season. This is when casual fans kind of start to sniff around the product again. And with The Rock now WWE Champion, you know there are more than just a few fans who are coming back to the product. And the WWE gave them that horrible show on Monday. People who defend the Rock/Cena rematch will tell you that the WWE will give their mid-card guys a chance to shine at Wrestlemania with everyone watching. Lets go back the last few Wrestlemanias. When has there been a new star made at all in the process? Often times in the past Wrestlemania was looked upon as the changing of the guard in the WWE. But not since Wrestlemania 21 with John Cena and Batista has that happened. Miz won at Wrestlemania 27, but he was immediately pushed back down the card and lost the WWE Title at the next PPV. Plus, the show ended with Rock standing tall after a Rock Bottom to the Miz.

The WWE likes to use Wrestlemania as their big money maker. That’s great. It is their biggest PPV of the year and the show should generate a lot of money for the WWE. But the problem is that the WWE fails to look past Wrestlemania when it comes to the financial success of their company. Why do you think the PPV buyrates and ratings always go down in the May, June and July months? Because the WWE does nothing to keep the casual fan around after Wrestlemania. This year people know that The Rock and Brock Lesnar will more than likely be gone after Mania. What incentive do they have to stay? Do we expect the WWE to do a good job of building up guys like Dolph Ziggler and Daniel Bryan for the casual fan? If the WWE invested as much time in building their mid-card stars as they would building up their big matches, then the WWE would continue to be strong in the summer months.

But even for a life long fan like me, this Wrestlemania will be a tough pill to swallow. Why? Because the WWE is once again going to go the safe route and have John Cena win the WWE Title. Once again, this rematch wouldn’t be necessary if the WWE took the time to build someone up as a main eventer. Imagine if Dolph Ziggler had just gone on a tear all of 2012 and then won the Royal Rumble, and went on to challenge The Rock at Wrestlemania. Would it be the money maker that Rock/Cena would be? No. But the story would be just as good or even better.

And do we really need another year of John Cena ruling at the top? Even last year when he didn’t hold the WWE Title, he still main evented 9 out of 12 PPVs last year. Why should we not believe that the WWE would give John Cena a year long Title reign like they did with C.M. Punk? I think there are a lot more people getting sick of seeing John Cena at the top then the WWE thinks. And with Wrestlemania being held in the New York/New Jersey market, you can all but guarantee a negative reaction to him winning the WWE Title. Hell, there may be just a negative reaction to the whole match overall. That is why I don’t think the WWE will put C.M. Punk in the match, even if the Undertaker can’t go. That crowd will be pro-Punk. I just don’t see any way around that.

So while the WWE may be banking on the WWE bringing them in a lot of money, they really need to be looking towards the long term future of the product. With The Rock apparently ready to give the WWE some publicity by carrying the WWE Title around a bunch of places, the WWE needs to be ready too. If they want to make Wrestlemania a real success, then they need to make people care about the mid-card guys underneath the main players. But if this past week’s RAW is any indication, we could be in line for a long, painful traffic jam on the Road to Wrestlemania.

http://wrestling.insidepulse.com/20...estlemania-the-need-to-look-at-the-long-term/

Spot on article.

Take out whether you like or hate Rock as champion, the biggest issue is all of this is being done just to put Cena over, and the guy is right about why Punk wont be added to make it a triple threat.

Like I said before if they MUST make him the cliche evil foreigner at least make him a modern more cutting edge evil foreigner. I love his throwback wrestling style but hate his throwback gimmick. Its like he stepped out of 1983.

Agreed, it's not really getting any heat either as the crowd seem to find it dull and corny. I'd love to see how he could evolve with Heyman guiding him, I see it being similar to when he managed Rude.

I think his character works so well because a lot of that short temper and personality of his is not much of an act. A lot of that is the real Lesner as far as being a not so talky intimidating loner. I doubt he's much of a people person.

True and as Dusty has always said, the gimmicks closest to home are the ones that stick most of the time. That disingenous smilew, the bursts of volatile rage, the unpredictability, it's why every time Brock shows up it delivers a segment that gets fans talking.

I wouldn't blame Punk if he decided to "take his ball home" in this case. I have nothing against the Miz , but he is mediocre and for Punk not to have a main event match at Wrestlemania is downright insulting.

Punk is too much of a pro to do that, but if Taker can't work I'd book him vs Dolph, just have them both complain that they aren't on the card and then have Vickie book it. Even as heel vs heel it would still work as both are so over and the NY crowd will eat it up.

I didn't think she could be any hotter. :wow::hrt:

She's amazing, I'm gonna keep bumping that pic to the new page. :D

I scour the dollar stores too. Found Satanic Rites of Dracula that way to finish off my Chris Lee Dracula collection. I like getting used dvds for cheap but I always cross my fingers that the discs are good. I don't really care about the boxs or covers since I can make the covers and reuse old boxes but if the disc is in sh** condition it anoys me. OCD I guess. As long as it plays you'd think I would be ok.
You know, of all the dvds I bought, the 1 used dvd that didn't work looked brand ****ing new. Pisses me off. Why I have no problem taking chances on some scuffed dvds (if the price is right). Dirty, though, keep it. I'll wait. Most times I'll come across them again. I have a lot of dvds that have no cover art because I bought them from Blockbuster when going out. Hey, a buck for Taxi Driver is more than worth it.

I'm wary of dollar stores though because a lot of the dvds I got there were censored. So I had to go and get films like Black Samurai: Agent of D.R.A.G.O.N. and Kung Fu From Beyond the Grave again.

One reason I miss college is because we'd get together and do big marathons. We knocked out the X-Men trilogy in one night and it was great. Did the same with LOTR extended editions one weekend. Even though I loved the movies it damn near killed us. Took all of a Saturday.

One of my funniest movie experiences was going to watch Brazil for a sci fi film class. I wanted to see it so badly but I was so hung the f** over. Saw it and thought my head would explode. Tell your kids: don't drink on a weeknight (when they get old enough).
It took me and a friend 24 hours to do the LotR:EE marathon. It was a killer. Had to break between each film with something else.

Never watched Brazil. It's on my short list of films I have to watch. Sadly, that short list is huge thanks to some of the people I know over here http://horrorsonline.proboards.com/

I need to do the Kill Bill Double feature one day too. I wish QT would get his a** on making the Whole Bloody Affair a reality.
You and me both, buddy. Didn't they release that in Japan? If so, I have a region free dvd player...

Really? Why can't I get stuff THAT cool for free? A buddy gave me his old copy of Giant for free but thats about it. I need to get on my friends.
Friend? Pfft. No, I get the Dark Knight Trilogy on BD from my friends. I got the Seven Samurai from Virgin Megastore. The Criterion Collection, no less. See, that's why they closed down. Kept giving me free dvds.

Yeah...its sh**. I mean I know its sh** but I have a soft spot for it. Maybe because its one of those "why the hell did they make this" reasons but I have a good time watching it and usually making fun OF it. One of my wrestling buddies and I still repeat lines from that terrible film. It sums up the stupidity of 1999 WCW like the ultimate cinematic time capsule
See, I love ****** movies. Hell, I make evenings of them. But that one, that one just sucks in a not fun way. I was hoping it would still be good, even in a so bad it's good way. It was just bad. Bad bad.

You glorious motherf***er you...get No Holds Barred! Its also bad but I have even more nostalgic love for it. ZEUS! I have no idea why Zeus killed that guy in a steel plant...but it was hilarious. I love Tiny Lister...even in Meteor Man.
His return as Z Gangsta was ****ing hilarious. I just kept yelling GET HIM ZEUS! GET HIM ZEUS! GET HIM ZEUS!

I dig it...but it is hard to get through. Ernest Millers role upped the fun factor for me if you can believe that. I was like "holy hell..thats The Cat! I better call my momma!"

I've showed The Wrestler to some of my friends who never really "got" wrestling and they have a bit more respect for it now. I guess there's always that.
My aunt has more awareness of wrestling and its hardships because I was able to confirm what she saw wasn't there just for pure drama.

Damn, Rocky is scary JACKED in that Milk commercial.

And they show yet another Rock commercial during the Super Bowl!

And they show yet another Rock commercial during the Super Bowl!

And it was a good one. :D

Fast Six looks cool, though I don't know if I'll go see it in theaters. I already have a good line up and I don't know if I want to spend money or any additional films.

What bigger picture was Rock talking about. He has to be talking out of his ass.

The last time Rock talked about a picture...
RareRockRawMoment6.jpg

Just saw trailer for Fast and Furious 6 and it looks good.

These films just keep getting better. I hope they wrap up some of these characters storylines though. It's getting crowded.

Punk is too much of a pro to do that, but if Taker can't work I'd book him vs Dolph, just have them both complain that they aren't on the card and then have Vickie book it. Even as heel vs heel it would still work as both are so over and the NY crowd will eat it up.

At least they would steal the show. They faced off as heels on Smackdown last October. Good match.

Spot on article.

Take out whether you like or hate Rock as champion, the biggest issue is all of this is being done just to put Cena over, and the guy is right about why Punk wont be added to make it a triple threat.

I don't know why I didn't think about Punk getting added to the triple-threat would make him the face in the match. New York/New Jersey is practically like Chicago and Philadelphia. They ran over Rock at Summerslam 2002. They ran over Brock/Goldberg at Wrestlemania 20. They could do the same to Rock/Cena II. Make it a triple-threat and they'll villify the two men who are supposed to be faces--since people are sick of Cena and Rock is leaving again--and cheer the favorite who's been fresh and is continuously entertaining all year round.

If they make it a triple-threat, I'd might buy the PPV just to see this. :funny:

The article was right on the money about placing CM Punk in the triple threat. It just means more boos for Cena , lol.

I watched Bullet to the Head yesterday. You would think Jason Momoa was a former wrestler the way he tossd people around. I'd like to see him and Rock face off in an action film.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"