The Wrestling Thread has effectively ruined Hanukkah

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's either seriously rusty or he just doesn't have it like he used to.

It's not that, if you go back and watch his old promos guys just stood there and sold his jokes, Cena and Punk have been allowed to turn them on him and he's not so comfortable when it's coming back at him and he gets rattled and resorts to the limp insults.

Cookie puss is a character created by the ice cream company Carvel.

The Rock was great tonight.

If CMPunk is such a "shooter"...why did he sell the Rock Bottom?

Did Dwayne mention Snickers? Because those have nuts, too.

I just tuned in for the close and got to see Punk's and Rock's respective promos. Good stuff overall; Punk was very reminiscent of a couple of summers ago. Rock has some high points, but some of the jokes seemed forced. I did love the candy/ass tattoo bit though.

For those of you who don't know, Cookie-Puss is a character from the Carvel brand, commonly available in ice cream cake form. Get with it, people. :word:

Because it's his job. :huh: Him and Dwayne are probably hanging out right now patting each other on the back over how well that went in building their Rumble match.

0818B68F-CD84-4EFB-832A-5322B5E6BF5B-1786-0000019057DA1923.jpg

Finally!...the REAL CM Punk has returned!!!

That segment alot was better than any of the Cena/Rock crod we had over the year period in their build up.

Yep. Really happy right now. I knew Rock and Punk would mesh better. Rock can make me laugh like no other and Punk can drop the truth bombs like no other, and the fact The Rock's opponent isn't grinning at him like an idiot, and the fact that Punk's opponent is actually talking him up as a worthy adversary instead of a nobody makes me so excited as a fan of both men. It's already better than Rock/Cena for me.

C'mon. :whatever:

Punk was so on point tonight. Glad Rocky got serious, even if he reverted back to the cheesy jokes. There is a time and place for them and this promo, tonight, wasn't the place.

So that's what it is...

Finally!...the REAL CM Punk has returned!!!

That segment alot was better than any of the Cena/Rock crod we had over the year period in their build up.

Anyone know if this is Rock's only appearance after this week until the last RAW before the Royal Rumble? Curious to if he and Punk will have another segment.

Compare the intensity of that promo with the juvenile drivel served up in the opening promo, it's so obvious where the company needs to head.

Oh **** off Cena you goofy shoehead.
Catching up on the hour and a half I missed due to much needed sleep, and I have to say, this is ****ing hilarious. :lmao:

That Punk promo was awesome. I woke up just in time to see him and The Rock. The Rock had some forced jokes, but the Popeye on crack and Almond joy ones were pretty funny. Too bad they'll only have 3 weeks. I'd rather see them on the build up to Wrestlemania than Cena/Rock again.

Anyone know if this is Rock's only appearance after this week until the last RAW before the Royal Rumble? Curious to if he and Punk will have another segment.

Wasn't there a rumour about Rock appearing on the majority of Raw shows between now and Mania?

- I really can't wait for Team Hell No to end. What Punk said about Daniel Bryan was so dead on, and he needs to be doing more higher up the card.

- The Cena booking was ridiculous. They could've had Dolph kick out of the Attitude Adjustment to show his toughness instead of having Cena kick out of everything.

- Sheamus' promos are nerve grating.

- Solid wrestling all around.

- Paul Heyman gets the Superstar Spotlight on WWE's website today.

- After CM Punk defeated Ryback in the TLC match at tonight's RAW from Tampa, WWE trainers came down and tried to assist Ryback onto a stretcher but he pushed them off.

Four referees ended up helping him up the ramp and to the back.

http://www.pwpix.net/pwpixnews/headlines/359626535.php

I just laugh at how you guys want pro wrestling to be gritty and serious.

So that's what it is...

No He'll be on SD on Friday

and also on these dates

According to WWE, here are the confirmed dates for The Rock in January and February:

* January 7th RAW from Tampa
* January 8th SmackDown tapings from Miami
* January 14th RAW from Houston
* January 21st RAW from San Jose
* January 22nd SmackDown tapings from Sacramento
* January 27th Royal Rumble pay-per-view from Phoenix
* January 28th RAW from Las Vegas
* February 11th RAW from Nashville
* February 12th SmackDown from Little Rock
* February 17th Elimination Chamber pay-per-view
* February 18th RAW from Lafayette, LA

I think if Rock vs Punk generates enough excitement, then we might get em in a round 2 at WM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"