Vince McMahon restarted the Wrestling Thread and ruined it

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a pretty small demographic. Are you sure about that?

Big enough to keep Cena in green. Them and the guys stuck eternally at 13.

YES is/was catchy. Just like Gangham Style. Carnac, your mind reading talents have reached epic proportions. All of those chanting YES at a LAKERS GAME were doning so because they thought he was screwed.

Considering the chant was done the EXACT same way and WWE had a PPV there just before you don't have to be a mind reader.

Yep, that's why I don't watch...unless The Great One is in the house. Ziggler may keep me watching a while though.

By that logic you should be watching because Rock is equally awful and you watch that. Its true.

The 90's ended about 13 years ago, but I'm sure you knew that as well

Not sure you and WWE have REALLY figured it out yet.

Oh c'mon. You know you laughed at Cookie Puss. You wouldn't tell me though. At least you have the Rock's DVD if you want to do some eye rolling. There's good stuff in there.

Sure some of the old stuff. And no I didn't laugh at cookie puss. I like jokes that actually take some effort. I'm not 5.

Are we digging now because it really looks like we're digging

Are you trolling because you really look like you're trolling. His hosting gig was awful. Where are all those rave reviews (besides the ones from the Rock marks who laugh at anything he does?)?

How is it digging when he said he was going to do this great hosting job adn his comeback was built around that? FAIL.

Hah, so a deathly hardcore match. I don't know, Cena still might win unscathed.

nah he'll get the **** kicked out of him, dislocate his shoulder, snap his leg and take a dive off the titantron

then still show up the next night run to the ring and smile acting like it was all as bad as a flicked ear

Didn't we see them halfass it in WM28, though? Why not just add something that'll at least make it more fun to watch, even if hilarious, for the fans.

That wasn't halfassing. I think that was sadly the best they had for each other. Rock blowing up at times and all.

If you're gonna do a cage match cage matches have built up a reputation of being VIOLENT and brutal. Rock's not gonna worry his agent by risking a boo boo. And watching him try to climb a cage at this point? May as well have King Kong Bundy try to climb a flight of stairs. same potentially awful results.

Like Pink Ranger said....people want to at least see a LEGIT match. A generational clash of titans shouldn't need a gimmick. The match alone IS the gimmick.

Interesting Take on The Royal Rumble from PWMANIA

http://www.pwmania.com/mike-shannon-rock-john-cena-win-royal-rumble#.UQbykvLheUA

What do you guys think?

The only reason they both HAD to win was because there was no way they could let Rock beat their top dog last year and leave it at that.

Otherwise that article is way off on some points. By their logic WWE should do Rock vs Cena over and over for the next 5 years. The Rock fans will probably pay to see him wrestle that match over and over since we only see him wrestle once a year?

Its better to make a lot of money LONG term than a lot of money short term. Thats even smarter business. WWE is doing a piss poor job making that happen and playing it safe doesn't help that.

Sometimes you have to invest money to make money. WWE refuses to make the necessary investments for their own future.

Vince McMahon has become the wrestling equivilant of a star f***er. he'd job his top guys out to Justin Beiber if he thought it would make him some huge money and get him mainstream attention. Doesn't mean its smart long term idea.

WCW did what they thought was best for making money and look where they are.

Last edited:
And caskets and ambulances
Oh my!

Hah, so a deathly hardcore match. I don't know, Cena still might win unscathed.
Make it a no disqualification, falls count anywhere, street fight, and there might be enough stipulations to keep him from winning. I don't know, though.

nah he'll get the **** kicked out of him, dislocate his shoulder, snap his leg and take a dive off the titantron

then still show up the next night run to the ring and smile acting like it was all as bad as a flicked ear

Remember, Cena only sells merchandise.

I don't know if this has been posted yet,but Jake is looking a lot better.
8zqog7.jpg

They could always pull what Triple H does nowadays to hide his weaknesses and put Rock/Cena in a No Holds Barred match.

With Mick Foley and Bob Backlund the first two confirmed names for the WWE Hall of Fame's Class of 2013 - another name that appears to be locked in is former Divas champion Trish Stratus.

WWE reached out to Trish Stratus late last week about the induction and word is that she accepted.

Other members rumored for this year's Hall of Fame Ceremony from Madison Square Garden include DX, Kamala and Bruno Sammartino.

(Source: PWInsider.com)

I don't know if this has been posted yet,but Jake is looking a lot better.
8zqog7.jpg
It's always nice to see wrestlers in from the past who can clean themselves up a bit and get themselves together again. I'm hoping Scott Hall can maybe get the help to maybe make what's left of his life enjoyable.

Got it confirmed. The New WWE title belt(s) are now in the WWE's possession. So it's only a matter of when they decide to debut it now.

The demise of the Spinner has begun...

They could always pull what Triple H does nowadays to hide his weaknesses

Bury rising stars?

Get someone else to do the job for him?

Knock up his wife again so she has to book him as unstoppable?

With Mick Foley and Bob Backlund the first two confirmed names for the WWE Hall of Fame's Class of 2013 - another name that appears to be locked in is former Divas champion Trish Stratus.

WWE reached out to Trish Stratus late last week about the induction and word is that she accepted.

Other members rumored for this year's Hall of Fame Ceremony from Madison Square Garden include DX, Kamala and Bruno Sammartino.

(Source: PWInsider.com)

Its looking like a pretty good HOF class if all these pan out. lets hope they don't drop a turd in the punchbowl again like they did with Drew Carrey.

Trish deserves it but jeez I wish they'd put Miss Elizabeth in FIRST if they are allowed. Plenty of time for Trish.

Last edited:
After seeing Rock/Punk last night, I'm gonna have to recant wanting to see Rock/Ziggler. It wouldn't be the athletic showcase I'd want to see.

With all due respect to Rock fans, I don't see anyone who is a Rock fan can't see how he wrestles in the ring now, compares it to 10 to 12 years ago, can't see the differences and drop offs. The Rock used to be quick and explosive. He brought energy to his matches. Nowadays, he moves slow, and the matches appear to be paced that way for him. His opponents too. The old Rock rarely wrestled as slow as he did.

I don't know what the deal is. Age, protection for Hollywood, just not having it anymore...all of the above.

I'm reading the comments on other sites, with reviewers saying Rock/Punk exceeded expectations. I don't see how. I was expecting to see something along the lines of Rock/Jericho last night, and it was nowhere that close. Whatever limitations the Rock is bringing were clear last night against CM Punk, a man who a few weeks got a decent ladder match out of Ryback of all people.

It's amazing to me.

Rock/Cena = Average
Rock/Punk = Above Average
Cena/Punk = Great to Epic Encounters

Wouldn't you expect Rock/Punk to have the epic encounters?

This diminishes my enjoyment of Rock's return. While him main-eventing over and over is annoying, I always wanted him to come back and work again, especially against the new talents. But if he won't be close to how he used to be, then I just about don't care to see him wrestle.

Got it confirmed. The New WWE title belt(s) are now in the WWE's possession. So it's only a matter of when they decide to debut it now.

The demise of the Spinner has begun...

any idea on what it looks like mate?

The Hall of Fame could use a little Stratusfaction.

But before Miss Elizabeth? Once again the WWE proves why they are surrounded by morons.

Interesting Take on The Royal Rumble from PWMANIA

http://www.pwmania.com/mike-shannon-rock-john-cena-win-royal-rumble#.UQbykvLheUA

What do you guys think?

Cena didn't have to win the rumble to headline wrestlemania. What an asshat. Then he goes on to explain it being a money match like anyone hasn't realized this. Its not good for the business though. They can't rely on Rock to save them every year. Also I don't watch wrestling for other people's enjoyment.I'm concerned about the product more than buyrates. Why not make new stars and give us the best of both worlds.

After seeing Rock/Punk last night, I'm gonna have to recant wanting to see Rock/Ziggler. It wouldn't be the athletic showcase I'd want to see.

With all due respect to Rock fans, I don't see anyone who is a Rock fan can't see how he wrestles in the ring now, compares it to 10 to 12 years ago, can't see the differences and drop offs. The Rock used to be quick and explosive. He brought energy to his matches. Nowadays, he moves slow, and the matches appear to be paced that way for him. His opponents too. The old Rock rarely wrestled as slow as he did.

I don't know what the deal is. Age, protection for Hollywood, just not having it anymore...all of the above.

I'm reading the comments on other sites, with reviewers saying Rock/Punk exceeded expectations. I don't see how. I was expecting to see something along the lines of Rock/Jericho last night, and it was nowhere that close. Whatever limitations the Rock is bringing were clear last night against CM Punk, a man who a few weeks got a decent ladder match out of Ryback of all people.

It's amazing to me.

Rock/Cena = Average
Rock/Punk = Above Average
Cena/Punk = Great to Epic Encounters

Wouldn't you expect Rock/Punk to have the epic encounters?

This diminishes my enjoyment of Rock's return. While him main-eventing over and over is annoying, I always wanted him to come back and work again, especially against the new talents. But if he won't be close to how he used to be, then I just about don't care to see him wrestle.

I've noted that The Rock in addition to age that he's also physically bigger than he was when was an active wrestler. He's not as athletic or fast because he hasn't had to wrestle and be in active wrestling shape meaning that he possibly sacrificed some of flexibility and speed for muscle and power.

Is Elizabeth's overdose the reason she has not been inducted as of yet?

any idea on what it looks like mate?

Back in the summer it was described to me as being a cross between the Spinner and the Pride MMA belt.

Then a couple of weeks later these pics were leaked proving that description.

glgdMjU.jpg

x1S8fB4.jpg

There is a chance that they may have re-designed/re-tweaked it due to the backlash from fans over the design, as I was also told, had that leak not occurred, it would have likely debuted on tv by now.

Cena didn't have to win the rumble to headline wrestlemania. What an asshat. Then he goes on to explain it being a money match like anyone hasn't realized this. Its not good for the business though. They can't rely on Rock to save them every year. Also I don't watch wrestling for other people's enjoyment.I'm concerned about the product more than buyrates. Why not make new stars and give us the best of both worlds.

Yeah the whole article hinges on the fact that its a title match.

If the title weren't involved no need for Cena to win the Rumble. The title doesn't make THAT much difference. belt or no belt everyone knows Cena has to win any potential rematch.

The article kinda blows because he's one of those guys that talks down to the die hard fans as if they don't understand its about money. Everyone knows that. Shooting for more money can backfire sometimes especially when there are better ways of doing it.

I've noted that The Rock in addition to age that he's also physically bigger than he was when was an active wrestler. He's not as athletic or fast because he hasn't had to wrestle and be in active wrestling shape meaning that he possibly sacrificed some of flexibility and speed for muscle and power.

Yeah wrestling once a year means he's just not going to get back into ring shape cardio wise. He can train and practice all he wants but in an actual match its a different kind of thing. The pace is unique. The only way you can get back into THAT kind of shape is to constantly do it for a while in actual matches. Lots of wrestlers have said that.

makes Jerichos returns look even more impressive but then again he's a different kind of worker. Rocks style was almost entirely about power athleticism rather than the technical stuff. Once that decays he doesn't have as much to fall back on. Jericho being lighter helps and he knows how to pace himself better.

Back in the summer it was described to me as being a cross between the Spinner and the Pride MMA belt.

Then a couple of weeks later these pics were leaked proving that description.

glgdMjU.jpg

x1S8fB4.jpg

There is a chance that they may have re-designed/re-tweaked it due to the backlash from fans over the design, as I was also told, had that leak not occurred, it would have likely debuted on tv by now.

better than what we have now but still too blingy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"