Vincent D'Onofrio Cast as Kingpin!

Discussion in 'Daredevil' started by Sawyer, Jun 10, 2014.

1. DalekbusterFitz

DalekbusterFitz Dalekbuster523

That's a good point, and I think that's true of screenwriting in general. The best villains are not 'I'm evil bwa ha ha ha ha!' cliches but characters with deep backstory and strong personal ties to the main protagonist. They are essentially the dark side of the protagonist, the shadow that always follows them around.

2. DarthSkywalker

DarthSkywalker May the Force Be With You

What is the redeeming qualities of Ledger's Joker? Hannibal Lecter? Emperor Palpatine? Anton Chigurh? Norman Bates? Mike Myers? Hans Gruber? Annie Wilkes? Nurse Ratched? The Terminator? The T-1000? Max Cady? Patrick Bateman? Jack Torrance?

3. Dark Raven

Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

Mike Myers had redeeming qualities. He was Austin Powers and Dr Evil.

4. dmcreif

dmcreif Well-Known Member

In light of the events of Luke Cage season 2, I can't help but imagine how things are looking great for Fisk.

Everything that's happened since Fisk was arrested at the end of Daredevil season 1 has guaranteed that he will be able to swoop in once he gets out of jail in season 3 and rebuild and reclaim his criminal empire, on a larger scale than what he used to have. The power vacuum is real. Cottonmouth and Mariah are dead. Diamondback is gone. The Hand have fallen, and a large number of smaller outfit gangs have been eliminated in the course of several gang wars. The underworld has been so disrupted by people like Matt, Frank, and Luke, that it is ripe for a takeover. It's kind of a fortunate thing for Fisk that he was sent to jail cause he's perfectly set up to grow his empire. And the only part he did himself was overthrowing Dutton to take control of the prison economy.

In this quest for dominance, Fisk is likely to be the ultimate winner, and Rosalie Carbone is probably going to be one of his main challengers for the throne. Her expansion into Harlem was pretty brutal, with her orchestrating several assassinations like Eric Hong, so she's ruthless enough that she might consider Fisk a worthy opponent.

5. KevTravels

KevTravels Well-Known Member

I sure hope he's in every episode this season. I missed him in season 2

6. Milk Tray Guy

Milk Tray Guy 70s Man of Action

:woot:

7. Infinity9999x

Infinity9999x Well-Known Member

Norman bates is questionable to put in this category as he is somewhat sympathetic in the fact that we know he has a clear mental issue, and it's implied his mother was an abusive figure.

But other than that, I agree.

8. ludovica

ludovica Daddy Feige notice me!

Man, spoilers for Luke Cage second season in the rest of your post. Not cool. :cmad:
    Spoiler tag them please. :cwink:

9. Jh7058622

Jh7058622 Well-Known Member

He's horrible terrible monster but yes Shrek is a redeemable quality.