Daredevil Vincent D'Onofrio Cast as Kingpin!

Amazing how I've seen people here (and elsewhere) suggest him for Kingpin and he ends up getting the role. WIN! :D Absolutely terrific casting.

I'm doubtful about prosthetics. If anything, they'll just film it creatively to make him look huge (not unlike the hobbits in LotR or Bane in TDKR). Which imo, will be just fine. The guy is big. And compared to 5' 10" 160lb Charlie Cox he's gonna look like a behemoth.

I hadn't realized this, but yeah. If anything, all it might take is for them to *not* use the camera tricks to exaggerate Cox' height. Let him be just the actor's own natural height when around Fisk, and that does most of the work for you.

We should've had an actor of this calibre cast in Agents of SHIELD.

D'onofrio brings a real weight to the role.

Great casting.

He's been fancasted a lot around here so that's pretty cool too.

Garrett was an awesome villain.

lRlTqgt.gif

While Charlie Cox I don't know really and can't judge his acting on whether or not he is a right fit for Matt Murdock/Daredevil, Vincent D'Onofrio is a great pick and look forward to him chomping on a cigar and beating the crap out of ol' hornhead while wearing his signature white suit and purple pants. :yay:

We should've had an actor of this calibre cast in Agents of SHIELD.

D'onofrio brings a real weight to the role.

I see what you did there. :o

But yeah, D'Onofrio is a great fit, physically and thespionically. (wat)
I predict an absolutely amazing iconic portrayal. Hope Charlie Cox is up to the task of equalling him dramatically.

D'Onofrio isn't some little dude either, he may not match the insane size of comics Kingpin but he's going to tower over Charlie Cox, even if they don't resort to camera trickery and other illusions to make him appear even bigger than he really is.

Well, this does answer the question of which studio Kingpin belongs to.

Interesting, though...Marvel never uses the name "Kingpin" in their press release. Perhaps that's part of an arrangement with Sony...

Marvel and Netflix are proud to announce that acclaimed actor Vincent D’Onofrio has joined “Marvel’s Daredevil,” an all-new 13-episode series premiering on Netflix in 2015. Best known for his critically-lauded work in “Law & Order: Criminal Intent,” “Men in Black, “Full Metal Jacket” and “Homicide,” D’Onofrio will play Wilson Fisk, a powerful businessman whose interests in the future of Hell’s Kitchen will bring him into conflict with the blind attorney Matt Murdock and his alter ego Daredevil.

D’Onofrio joins Charlie Cox, previously announced as Matt Murdock, in the exciting cast of “Marvel’s Daredevil.”

“We’re incredibly proud to have an actor with the gravitas and versatility of Vincent joining 'Marvel’s Daredevil' in such an integral role,” said Jeph Loeb, Marvel’s Head of Television. “Wilson Fisk is an iconic villain whose cunning and power make him the dangerous equal of our hero."

“Marvel’s Daredevil” follows the journey of Matt Murdock, who was blinded as a young boy but imbued with extraordinary senses, now fighting against injustice by day as a lawyer, and by night as the super hero Daredevil in modern day Hell's Kitchen, New York City.

Marvel’s first original series on Netflix is Executive Produced by series Showrunner Steven S. DeKnight (“Spartacus”, “Buffy: The Vampire Slayer”, “Angel”) and Drew Goddard ("Cabin in the Woods," "Lost," "Buffy The Vampire Slayer," in addition to writing the first two episodes of “Marvel’s Daredevil”), along with Marvel TV’s Jeph Loeb (“Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.,” “Smallville,” “Heroes”).

“Marvel’s Daredevil” is produced by Marvel Television in association with ABC Studios for Netflix.

For more information on “Marvel’s Daredevil,” and the other exciting new Marvel Television series coming to Netflix, stay tuned to Marvel.com and the Marvel social channels.

They hardly ever use the full on villain name. Like when Stane called himself and Tony Iron Mongers, or when the Nazi officer quoted Hitler's 'ze Red Skull has been indulged long enough'. Kingpin will probably be a name the media gives him or something.

With D'Onofrio being cast as Kingpin, does this mean that he's the Kingpin of the MCU? I ask because I thought the Netflix shows were connected to the films.

I figure that they could use the name "Kingpin" as a title rather than a super villain codename. Sort of the Marvel equivalent of "Godfather" or "Don" for real mobsters. There is precedent for this in the comics, they retconned the first Kingpin of Hell's Kitchen to be a guy named Alexander Bont, Fisk inherited the tittle when he took over.

Great casting choice for Kingpin! :up:

Wonder if we could have R. Lee Emery play something like Fisk's head of security? :woot:

Last edited:
Perfect casting. The fan-cast in my head literally drilled down to two choices: James Gandolfini and Vincent D'Onofrio. Considering the former unfortunately passed away, this is about as perfect as it gets.

With D'Onofrio being cast as Kingpin, does this mean that he's the Kingpin of the MCU? I ask because I thought the Netflix shows were connected to the films.

Yes, Marvel's Chief Creative Officer Joe Quesada confirmed on Kevin's Smith's Fatman On Batman podcast that all of the Netflix series are a part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

“There will be some interconnectivity, much like the movies. They will exist within the cinematic universe again, so this is all the same world as S.H.I.E.L.D. and the Avengers.”

(The above quote from Quesada is from the 1:15:52 mark to the 1:16:04 mark in the link.)

D'Onofrio isn't some little dude either, he may not match the insane size of comics Kingpin but he's going to tower over Charlie Cox, even if they don't resort to camera trickery and other illusions to make him appear even bigger than he really is.

He could just wear lifts like RDJ and he'd already be 6'7". Maybe he'll have some padding in his clothes too. Is VDO still in his overweight shape these days or has he slimmed down?

BTW can we have the title of the thread changed to Vincent D'Onofrio IS Kingpin?

Do you think we'll see Kingpin in his iconic white jacket and purple pants? The clothes that Michael Clarke Duncan wore didn't really make him look that much like Fisk.

I don't think he necessarily needs purple pants, but I think he absolutely needs the white jacket. I can't think of any reason not to give him at least that.

I don't think he necessarily needs purple pants, but I think he absolutely needs the white jacket. I can't think of any reason not to give him at least that.

Well MCD didn't have that. He was just in a gray suit or possibly black suit most of the time. And that's all he looked like. A guy in a gray or black suit. Not the Kingpin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"