Virtua Fighter 5 (Merged)

Zenien

Reaction score
Virtua Fighter 5 for PS3 confirmed
Posted Jan 20th 2006 2:00AM by Blake Snow
Filed under: PlayStation 3, Fighting

This month's issue of EGM apparently confirms that Virtua Fighter 5 is coming to the PS3. From the article: "[The] February issue of EGM reveals that Virtua Fighter 5 is coming to the PS3, with the followup line 'and it might be exclusive.'"

http://www.joystiq.com/2006/01/20/virtua-fighter-5-for-ps3-confirmed/

That decides it for me. All my money is going to the PS3. Now if we can only get some info on Shenmue 3.

Might be exclusive?

The only other system I could think they'd port it to would be the 360, and 360 owners are brought up on beat 'em ups like Dead or Alive. Virtua Fighter is a whole different ball game.

I lost interest in the VF series a long time ago. This one looks interesting but its not a big deal for me.

virtua fighter 4 is one of the few games i'm just not any good at. so i don't really enjoy playing it. i didn't really play the others in the series very much.

Danalys said:
virtua fighter 4 is one of the few games i'm just not any good at. so i don't really enjoy playing it. i didn't really play the others in the series very much.
It's one of those games that you really need to be good at if you're going to win. You really need to learn when it's safe to get moves in and not leave yourself open. It's certainly not a game you can do well at by mashing the buttons like some other fighters.

I'm glad this might not be on the 360. VF crappiness needs not pollute it. It can stick with real fighting games like DOA.

lars573 said:
I'm glad this might not be on the 360. VF crappiness needs not pollute it. It can stick with real fighting games like DOA.
It's clear you're a lightweight beat 'em up fan rather than a hardcore one.

I like Dead or Alive myself. It's a good game. Can't compare to Virtua Fighter though.

Your right because VF is crap. I tried VF4, boooooooooooooooooooring! It was so slow and clunky I didn't play it much for the 3 day rental I had. Plus the character designed were bad and the environments weren't even up to the low standards set by Tekken.

When it comes to hardcore fighting games and deep, outstanding gameplay, Virtua Fighter 4 is still the king of the hill, the best chop socky money can buy. I'm a huge fighting game buff. I got the 360 as soon as DOA4 hit the stores, and you bet I'll be getting the PS3 at launch if VF5 makes the launch lineup. :up:

Avalanche said:
It's one of those games that you really need to be good at if you're going to win. You really need to learn when it's safe to get moves in and not leave yourself open. It's certainly not a game you can do well at by mashing the buttons like some other fighters.

actually i'm good at knowing what i should do and when. i just can't time the presses right so it will execute the move i want. most fighting games i can win with the basic combinations timed correctly. vf relies on chaining special moves to much for my liking. the timing they use isn't the timing that feels natural to me to use. also i find myself wanting to block by pulling away rather than using a button.

Mmmmmmm. VF Goodness. All the more reason to preorder,

You finally started watching Invader Zim I see.

Actually, my preference as far as fighting gaems go is Tekken, it has just the right balance of skill and button mashing for my tastes. Though VF will no doubt please the really profitient players out there.

I've seen Zim ages ago, but I've recently seen it again. I can't find disc 3 anywhere, though.

I think that's what I like about VF. It makes me feel confident about my gaming skills when I utterly destroy someone, since it's next to zero mashing, and it's all strategy.

Drakon said:
I think that's what I like about VF. It makes me feel confident about my gaming skills when I utterly destroy someone, since it's next to zero mashing, and it's all strategy.
I think it's for that very same reason that so many people dislike the game. It's not a pick up and play game, which is what most people want from their beat 'em ups. It's a challenging game that requires genuine skill. You don't get far by button mashing.

That said, I'm a fan pretty much all the way down through the technical heirarchy. Tekken is much easier to get into, and Dead or Alive is even more pick up and play. Hell, I even liked the early Bloody Roar games, even if they couldn't hold a candle to the better beat 'em ups out there.

Probably won't be exclusive. Now I can get a real fighting game! :D

Avalanche said:
I think it's for that very same reason that so many people dislike the game. It's not a pick up and play game, which is what most people want from their beat 'em ups. It's a challenging game that requires genuine skill. You don't get far by button mashing.

That said, I'm a fan pretty much all the way down through the technical heirarchy. Tekken is much easier to get into, and Dead or Alive is even more pick up and play. Hell, I even liked the early Bloody Roar games, even if they couldn't hold a candle to the better beat 'em ups out there.

Don't get me wrong--I like some of the other fighters out there--I'm basically a fighting game ****e. I go from MK to SF to VF to KoF to Bloody Roar to the Capcom Fighting games to DoA and back to VF in a heartbeat. It really depends on what's availible at the time, to who I'm playing, even to what mood I'm in.

SF---Guile or Ken, with the occasional odd choice like Blanka or Chun-Li
MK---Sub-Zero, Reptile [if he's in it], Raiden, Shang Tsung, Scorpion, random.
VF---Brad, Sarah, Vanessa, or Lion.
KoF--Terry.
Bloody Roar---Gado, Jenny, Yugo, Bakuryu.
MvC2---TOO MANY TEAMS TO LIST, but usually Omega Red, Hulk, Guile, or Spidey, Akuma, Cap.
DoA--Tina, Leon, or Bass.

BLOODY ROAR?

So your the guy that bought it! ;)

As I said above. Fighting Game ****e. Thought the one for Cube is my fave by and far.

TheCardPlayer said:
Not exclusive. It's coming to the 360 too.

http://www.gamefront.de/
I freel as though I should be disappointed that it won't be PS3 exclusive, though all said and done, so long as I can play it on my PS3 I'll be one happy bunny.

I wish they'd hurry up and reveal more information on the new girl. The new guy I can already see won't be my sort of thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"