Vulture vs Doc Ock

Discussion in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' started by Spider-Aziz, Jul 10, 2017.

?

Who did you Like More?

1. Doctor Octopus (Spider-Man 2)

2. Vulture (Homecoming)

3. Both have Equal Billing for me

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Spider-Aziz Boards made me cry

Early consensus make it sound like Vulture is one of the most impressive movie CBM villain in a while, so which villain did you like more? And why?
    We can all be thankful that neither one of them has another movie counterpart.

2. ElijahSoRight72 Registered

Don't get me wrong, Vulture is a great villain- but Doc Ock seemed to be a more challenging and engaging foe for Spider-Man that may be a bit more compelling. But I DO think Vulture is a close second.

3. Web-Head Formerly Speed Force

Doc Ock had better action, but he ain't topping that scene in the car. I'll vote equal billing.

4. Darepool Registered

That's what put it over the top for me. The train sequence is immortally epic, but the car scene, masterful.

Recency bias as well.

5. Tony Stark Armored Avenger!

I'm going to say equal. They both did a great job. There have been some great actors to play Spider-man villains, even in the ones that don't work out so well like Electro. Fox is a great actor, it's was just a poorly conceived rendition of the character. But Rhys Ifans, Thomas Hayden Church, even Topher Grace is a good actor he was just miscast. But clearly Keaton, Molina and Dafoe clearly separated themselves from the pack.

6. Web-Head Formerly Speed Force

Makes me really excited to see which villain and who gets the part in the sequel!

7. NotSoLongAgo #spidermansolit

Heres my view: Ock has a great horror scene in the hospital. But you delve into him any more and he's a pretty dumb character. Cool, but dumb. Even in the train sequence, the beauty comes from peter stopping the train and the moment he has with the citizens onboard. So im gonna have to give it to Vulture.

8. Schlosser85 A Very Stable Genius

Doc Ock is more powerful and probably would have killed Holland's Spidey at this point.

9. Chance Jackson Registered

I liked them both just about equal

10. kedrell Fork&SpoonOperator

Vulture for sure.

Doc Ock to me seemed like just Green Goblin 2.0. The exact same template was used for both, good(enough) guy + hubris and or foolhardiness = crazy bad guy who talks to himself and is "sympathetic" due to not being fully responsible for his actions due to mental illness. And the fact that they came one right after the other made it worse. Ock had one great scene and it's telling that he's completely unconscious for it.

11. The Joker The Clown Prince of Crime

Doc Ock. All day. Every day. And twice on Sunday.

But Vulture was great, too. Just not quite as good as Ock.

12. PeterBenParker Wallopin' Websnappers!

Doc Ock. As much as I loved Vulture, he failed to resonate with me up [BLACKOUT]until his family was revealed[/BLACKOUT].

However, Vulture being a decent guy whose wronged fits much better than Ock so maybe my opinion will change when I see the film again when it comes out on blu-ray.

13. NealKenneth Registered

Vulture is the best overall BUT Doc Ock has the best action scenes and GG has the best impact on Spidey and final fight. What made Vulture so good to me was that he acted like a real person and had clear motives. I can't say the same for any of the villains in the Raimi trilogy.

14. Spiderine Sho nuff

Doc Ock felt more menacing. He felt like a bigger threat to the city of NY. Best fight sequence in the entire franchise. My vote goes to Ock.

15. Faith_Cassidy Registered

Doc Ock was good but when compared to Vulture, the former looks pretty two dimensional. Sure, the action scenes were great but that has very little to do with acting. And for me [blackout]the car scene with Peter and Toomes[/blackout] is the most well acted, menacing, compelling scene involving a villain in any of the spidey movies thus far.

16. NotSoLongAgo #spidermansolit

My feelings exactly. :up:

17. Spider-Aziz Boards made me cry

I really wanted to avoid Homecoming, but Vulture's story from the trailers got me interested, so I will watch it two or more months from now.

Tentacles talking to Ock and changing his mind to be a murderous criminal by one thought is stupid beyond belief, and he should have died after flipping the taxi with his tentacles instead of surviving all these attacks from a guy who can lift a wall and survive a train hitting his back almost undamaged afterwards.
    Personally I can't believe he's still having this much love, if not for that I wouldn't bother with this poll.

[blackout]Vulture seems to have his own mind made up even before donning a fully powered fully functional body armor built from alien tech and probably capable of withholding attacks, plenty seems to be going more in his favor.[/blackout]

18. Darepool Registered

Are you for real? A Spidey fan dissing Ock? C'mon. :oldrazz:

Seriously, I do think Vulture is better in his cinematic incarnation. Molina was great but I feel Keaton surpassed him.

19. Spider-Aziz Boards made me cry

Comics and animation (except the 90s show) Ock is easily the better villain. :D

20. Darepool Registered

Second greatest Spidey villian of all time.

And now in the movies as well. :woot: :cwink:

21. GENERAL RAAM582 A Rebellion Built on Hope

While Vulture was great, I'll never stop loving Doc Ock.

22. GwensNeckBrace Registered

Vulture was great, but he does not hold a candle to Doc Ock. MCU hasn't always had a fantastic streak with villains, but they did a great job taking a character as bland and shallow as Vulture and making him intriguing.

23. Boom I got nothin'

Doctor Octopus is my second-favorite CBM villain of all time. The Vulture is good, but he isn't even the best villain in the MCU.

24. Broseph44 Witness Me

25. CaptainWagner Searching (P)

It's hard, and I'd have to watch SM2 again. But they're definitely on equal footing. Keaton was INCREDIBLE as Vulture. If they can convince him to return, I think he'll be able to solidify the top spot with whatever he does next.