• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Wait, WHAT THE HELL IS DANIEL WAY DOING?!?!

Darthphere

Kneel before 'Drox!
Reaction score
Now, I was reading some reviews on some titles, and since I like to keep up to date, read a review of Wolverine: Origins #10, pretty much the best selling crappiest book on the stands ( I dont care what your opinion of the book is, thats not waht is important here) So reading through the review, all the usual complaints are presented, nonsensical, slow paced etc. But I read a shocking spoiler which both saddens me and angers me, apparently, Daniel Way has

Killed off Dum Dum Dugan.

Why lord, why?! He didn't bother anyone, he was a great character. Why must you do this to me Marvel, why?!

:csad: :cmad: :csad: :cmad: :csad: :cmad: :csad:

Since I'm on my cell, I can't see what your spoiler is, but I have the book and I know what your complaint is. Is it the death of a certain character? Cuase that's what pissed me off. Marvel is killing off all of its characters for no freakin reason! Gawd I hate Joey Q's reign! ...........You are referring to the "death" right?

I'm no Iron Man fan, but I feel your pain Darth. I thought it was going to be one of those "verge of death and comes back after a coma" things...guess Marvel taught me, huh?:( I guess since they've been giving Tony a new supporting cast it made one of his oldest ones expendable. SUCKS!:(

Now, I was reading some reviews on some titles, and since I like to keep up to date, read a review of Wolverine: Origins #10, pretty much the best selling crappiest book on the stands ( I dont care what your opinion of the book is, thats not waht is important here) So reading through the review, all the usual complaints are presented, nonsensical, slow paced etc. But I read a shocking spoiler which both saddens me and angers me, apparently, Daniel Way has

Why lord, why?! He didn't bother anyone, he was a great character. Why must you do this to me Marvel, why?!

:csad: :cmad: :csad: :cmad: :csad: :cmad: :csad:

Yeah, that Daniel Way guy is a REAL jackass. Have you ever read any interviews with him? WOW!

It's just like when Kevin Smith came barging into the Marvel Universe and killed off not one, but TWO Silver Age characters.

It shouldnt be allowed. Period.

Yes because people never die. We all know that.

And the guy is a *****e. How dare he show that wolverine can fight intelligently from all those years of training as a living weapon, and beat fanboy favourites?

It's a disgrace, I'll tells ya. A disgrace.

I've never liked Daniel Way. He carries himself in a very *******ish manner. I don't get why all of a sudden he gets to write books. ********.

Darth, why are you just noticing Way has no place in comics? He's had a long history of sucking ass.

I agree the death was dum (HA!), but Daniel Way really isn't a dick. He just likes to get people riled up. I think his interviews are pretty amusing.

Way is a dick who can't write crap all.

Crappiest writer in the Marvel den,who treats his fans like crap.

Wasn't Dum Dum seen in an issue of Cap recently?

I with ya on this on Darth.

......what? :csad:

It's just like when Kevin Smith came barging into the Marvel Universe and killed off not one, but TWO Silver Age characters.

It shouldnt be allowed. Period.

You do realize that Kevin Smith called up Stan Lee and asked him if he was okay with it, right?

The same Stan Lee that murdered the entire Stacy family?

Actually, in a interview Stan said he was on vacation and when he got back he found out they killed Gwen. He wasn't asked about it because killing Capt. and Gwen so close together was a bit much.:hyper:

There is no one in the business who wishes he was Garth Ennis as badly as Way. And he f***s it up terribly. Punisher vs. Bullseye was like reading an Ennis book if Ennis had an extra pair of chromosomes or two.

wait...did wolverine kill dugan?

Well, TECHNICALLY, we don't know he's dead. Logan's son stabs him in the chest and he's in very rough shape.

My biggest problem with the issue was that it was so anti-climatic. The arc ends with two characters on death's door, Logan getting ****ed up, and no one having any idea what's going on. If Dum Dum really DID die, it should've ended with his funeral, and Logan swearing vengeance for a man he respected, even though he'd come into conflict with him.

tsk, I haven't liked anything else he's written all that much, and I haven' read interviews with the guy...

but Bullseye's Greatest Hits still kicked ass

The same Stan Lee that murdered the entire Stacy family?

oh, for shame, good Captain. You should know Stan left before Gwen was killed ;)

but yeah, Stan DID kill characters off, (And bring them back from the dead) left and right, every other month, back when he was writing. You guys take these things way too seriously

oh, for shame, good Captain. You should know Stan left before Gwen was killed ;)

but yeah, Stan DID kill characters off, (And bring them back from the dead) left and right, every other month, back when he was writing. You guys take these things way too seriously

Meh. Stan was STILL the EIC. i don't buy that whole "i didnt know" routine for a minute.

:csad: :cmad: :csad: :cmad: :csad: :cmad:

Yea, I canceled my subscription yesterday after I read #10. This was the nail in the coffin.
Dum Dum Dugan was killed off just to show how ruthless Logan Jr is :whatever: .
The final issue of this arc was anticlimactic, pointless, boring, and unrewarding. The entire series is garbage. Ill be putting them up for sale on Ebay along with Ultimate X-Men later.

Well, TECHNICALLY, we don't know he's dead. Logan's son stabs him in the chest and he's in very rough shape.

My biggest problem with the issue was that it was so anti-climatic. The arc ends with two characters on death's door, Logan getting ****ed up, and no one having any idea what's going on. If Dum Dum really DID die, it should've ended with his funeral, and Logan swearing vengeance for a man he respected, even though he'd come into conflict with him.

Nah, I think he is dead becouse the issue said someone was going to die. Daniel Way clearly doesnt know what hes doing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"