• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Wait, WHAT THE HELL IS DANIEL WAY DOING?!?!

I like Milligan.....I admit to not reading his follow-up on Austen's stuff so I won't specifically comment on them, but where they really any worse than "The Draco"? That's pretty hard to beat.

You did just see how I mentioned I'd defend Draco right :)

Dugan isn't dead!He was in Cap #23 with Sharon.

Dugan isn't dead!He was in Cap #23 with Sharon.

I wouldn't count on continuity being correct. Origins seems to be off on it's own and I can almost see them somehow suddenly have this arc take place after Civil War.

Yeah, the time line is all messed up. We almost have to wait until another issue of CW to see what goes where and when.

I'm hoping that it's still possible that DumDum could still be alive (LMD being one of the possible ways), but it seems unlikely the way Marvel has been treating its characters lately. Until now, I'm counting him as another awesome supporting character like Happy Hogan to bite the dust in the name of....progress or something, I don't know.:(

He's not dead.From reading various synopses on the net,this book doesn't sound like it's in sync with the rest of the MU at all.

Plus,I think Bru mentioned Dum Dum being involved in Cap's series in the near future.

Isn't the whole point of the thread that most of these people miss him?

I wouldn't miss him, though I do think he should have went out in a better fashion, and in a differant book. I'm kinda hoping that he ends up in critical condition and not dead.

Its funny, MJ is second place in Peter's heart.

hah! i told you all that marvel has something against redheaded males. no one believed me and now Dum Dum's dead.

Kletus Kasaday
Scott Lang
Sean Cassidy
Dum Dum Dugan

So you're one of those people who fall in the trap of complaining about a book without having read it all? Bad Darthphere.

But honestly, the pacing does need work. That's probably the worse part of it writing-wise. The rest honestly isn't half bad. He has an interesting story going, but the pacing is so that I lose interest between issues. It has had some great cast members and guest stars (Wolverine, Cyclops, Emma, Hellion, Captain America, Omega Red, Maverick, Jubilee, Dum Dum Dugan, etc.) and as has been said, it shows Wolverine has something more than just a savage killer instinct. Personally, I loved his reaction to Jubliee's near death in issue 10. He was very human about it. It's not bad, not great, but not bad.

Yea dude but come on. After 5 issues Logan finnally catches up to Omega Red and they dont even scrap. Instead for the climax we get the silly pointless death of Dum Dum. This was worth 2 minutes of my time 3 bucks?

Now, I was reading some reviews on some titles, and since I like to keep up to date, read a review of Wolverine: Origins #10, pretty much the best selling crappiest book on the stands ( I dont care what your opinion of the book is, thats not waht is important here) So reading through the review, all the usual complaints are presented, nonsensical, slow paced etc. But I read a shocking spoiler which both saddens me and angers me, apparently, Daniel Way has

Killed off Dum Dum Dugan.

Why lord, why?! He didn't bother anyone, he was a great character. Why must you do this to me Marvel, why?!

:csad: :cmad: :csad: :cmad: :csad: :cmad: :csad:
Okay, I thought Wolverine Origin was about Wolvie's past... Obviously I was wrong but I never really cared... until now, that is.

I'm just going to keep my fingers crossed for an LMD retcon.

Hey, Fury was killed by Punisher in a Hulk issue a long time ago and somehow came back. Who knows?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"