• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Wait, WHAT THE HELL IS DANIEL WAY DOING?!?!

tsk, I haven't liked anything else he's written all that much, and I haven' read interviews with the guy...

but Bullseye's Greatest Hits still kicked ass

you should read his message boards,the guy is an ass

Yea, he lashes out at critics like a little b$%@!

Its so hard...to say goodbye....to yesterday.

you should read his message boards,the guy is an ass

well, that's disappointing to hear. I'll just take a black sharpie to his credit on the book and enjoyed it without thinking of any connections with him :)

Is he like an Alex Ross level ass, or John Byrne level ass?

He put *** under someones username....I dunno I thought it was funny, but that person posts on newsarama alot and he got a bunch of people on there pissed at Way.

Heres a link to some of the stuff.
http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=94069&highlight=Dan

Well, I'd probably get a little defensive if someone insinuated that the only reason I have a job is because I sucked off my boss, too.

That's why I hate Newsarama's posters. They throw logic out every time. The first poster compares Way to Austen, a man that showed a LOT of class despite some of the most vile, evil, HORRIBLE **** being spouted about him online.

Yes because people never die. We all know that.

And the guy is a *****e. How dare he show that wolverine can fight intelligently from all those years of training as a living weapon, and beat fanboy favourites?

It's a disgrace, I'll tells ya. A disgrace.

Don't tell me that you actually like Wolverine: Origins? :csad:

Well, I'd probably get a little defensive if someone insinuated that the only reason I have a job is because I sucked off my boss, too.

That's why I hate Newsarama's posters. They throw logic out every time. The first poster compares Way to Austen, a man that showed a LOT of class despite some of the most vile, evil, HORRIBLE **** being spouted about him online.

Still,that's highly unprofessional and very immature.

You don't see Bendis,Johns or Millar lashing out at people who criticize their work on their own boards.

He simply cannot take criticism well and resorts to childish ways of defending himself.Because he knows that their is no way to defend steaming piles of crap.

Still,that's highly unprofessional and very immature.

You don't see Bendis or Millar lashing out at people who criticize their work on their own boards.

The way people talk about those two, you think they already do. :whatever:

The point is, people have breaking points. As much crap as Bendis takes, I've always seen him show the utmost respect towards fans. But I think the reason is, despite what many people seem to think, it's because he's just ecstatic to be doing what he does.

Way might not be the same. While he doesn't get slammed nearly as much as Austen did, he does take a lot of ****, and he's a very sarcastic person. People on forums need to realize that comic creators ARE people. They might be great guys, but they might also be short-tempered people that are defensive of their work.

The original reason I signed up for the Hype was because I couldn't believe the amount of personal attacks I saw on Austen around here. People need to stay calm, and think about how they'd feel if they were in that writer's shoes.

I don't see the point of setting up a message board if you're not ready to appropriately interact with fans who may dislike your work.

The way people talk about those two, you think they already do. :whatever:

The point is, people have breaking points. As much crap as Bendis takes, I've always seen him show the utmost respect towards fans. But I think the reason is, despite what many people seem to think, it's because he's just ecstatic to be doing what he does.

Way might not be the same. While he doesn't get slammed nearly as much as Austen did, he does take a lot of ****, and he's a very sarcastic person. People on forums need to realize that comic creators ARE people. They might be great guys, but they might also be short-tempered people that are defensive of their work.

The original reason I signed up for the Hype was because I couldn't believe the amount of personal attacks I saw on Austen around here. People need to stay calm, and think about how they'd feel if they were in that writer's shoes.

my policy is:

i'll respect you, if you respect me. now, if daniel way wants to put out garbage and disrepect me and my support for marvel, then i say it's on.

**** him.

That's nothing,Way once lashed out with obscenities on his own board when a first time poster clearly stated his problems in a civilized manner.

Way knows he writes garbage,so the instant someone not buying copies of Origins realizes this,he gets mad and unleashes his anger unto the world.

I found the whole email.

Sent : Wednesday, December 13, 2006 2:09 AM
To : J Burke
Subject : RE: That wasn't very nice

Go to previous message | Go to next message | Delete | Inbox
Dude, why do you even CARE how I "act" toward ANYONE? That being said, I'm an entertainment writer--I write with a purpose in mind and that purpose is definitely ____ing NOT to bare my soul to a bunch of goddamn strangers.

You think that I banned that guy because of his reviews? You mean, the reviews he posted of EVERY SINGLE ____ING ISSUE? If I was going to ban him for THAT, I'd have done it a long goddamn time ago. No, I banned him because he started a thread on newsarama that started out with some liquid gold like, "This guy's a *****e. He's doing a Q&A. Go to his website." He might as well have said, "Trolls--THIS WAY!" Within hours, the site was clogged with ____ing ________--and guess what? NOT ONE SINGLE ____ING QUESTION!

No, I take that back. There was yours. Asking whether or not I sucked ____ to pay my bills. Specifically, Joe Quesada's ____. A man whom I respect and whom I consider to be my friend. ____ you, kid.

Oh, and here's the cherry on top--you post my ____ing email to you on newsarama. Way to shoot yourself in the foot, idiot. I hope you realize, Joe WILL SEE THAT and he'll ask me what the ____ it's all about. You thought I was THREATENING you? I was trying to ____ing WARN you so that you wouldn't do this stupid ____ again, possibly to someone who wouldn't think TWICE about throwing you under a bus. You have no idea how many guys I've seen get blacklisted for pissing off the wrong people. Hell, have you not heard about how DC feels about Joe? Do you honestly think that personal grudges do not have a HUGE effect on the decisions made in this business?

____ this. Smarten up. And don't be such a ____ing coward. I may be guilty of saying some dumb ____, but at least I always signed it with my real ____ing name.

D

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: RE: That wasn't very nice
Date: Tue, December 12, 2006 10:44 pm
To: [email protected]

p.s. Honest to god question, no ________.

Why do you act like such a dick to fans and critics a-like? JMHuertas caught
flack from you for simply reviewing Origins and some other kid got blasted
because he offered some constructive criticism, even after he apologized in
advance if he came off as a dick.

So, if you're gonna do that, then why does it come as a surprise to you when
someone hears about this and comes and ____ talks you? Seriously, if you're
gonna dish it out, you might as well take it, y'know?

>From: [email protected]
>To: J Burke
>Subject: RE: That wasn't very nice
>Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 22:12:21 -0700
>
>No, kid, it's NOT funny and this isn't a threat. It's just a bit of
>advice.
>
>See you around. Like I said, it's a small community.
>
>-Dan
>
>
>-------- Original Message --------
>Subject: RE: That
>wasn't very nice
>From: "J Burke"
>
>Date: Tue, December 12, 2006 8:36
>pm
>To: [email protected]
>
>That's funny. If Joe Q cared
>what anyone said online, you'd have been out of
>work long ago, so
>don't bother threatening me.
>
> >From:
>[email protected]
> >To:
>[email protected]
> >Subject: That wasn't very
>nice
> >Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 13:28:34 -0700
> >
> >I
>didn't like what you said and neither would Joe Q., were I
>to
> >show it to him. Comics is a very small community, Josh, so
>you may
> >want to put a little bit more thought into what you say
>(type). It
> >doesn't take much to slam the doors on a potential
>writing career, no
> >matter HOW well you can suck a
>____.
> >
> >Understood?
> >
> >-Dan
> >

Danny boy is a punk. Only way hell be fired is if more people stop buying his garbage. Maybe if Joe Q stopped doing the art for the Origins covers that will happen.

Thats nice, but we're forgetting the main pioint here. He killed Dum Dum Dugan guys!

Thats nice, but we're forgetting the main pioint here. He killed Dum Dum Dugan guys!

speaking of which...how was dugan still alive and kicking these days? i know fury "got younger" with some infinity gem stuff, or whatever...

i read that whole e-mail exchange, and i'm thinking to myself, "why the **** SHOULDN'T dan way care about the fans...he's a COMIC BOOK WRITER. meaning, if HE pisses people off, and writes garbage, he's out of work.

guy doesn't seem to grasp the concept of securing a job very well.

speaking of which...how was dugan still alive and kicking these days? i know fury "got younger" with some infinity gem stuff, or whatever...

Fury is kind of/sort of addicted to the Infinity Formula, which is basically a lazerous pit in a bottle. Heals most wounds, cures most illnesses, and gives one quasi-superhuman vitality. The preformance enhancing effects last for roughly a year, followed by a crash so bad that it's potentially fatal. Fury gets an injection of the stuff once a year, naturally. It's possible that Dugan takes the stuff to, but I prefer the idea that he keeps going fules by sheer badassery.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"