Wanted: Sequels

DocLathropBrown

The Man with the Hat is Back
Reaction score
What one-off Comic Book film do you think deserved (or still deserves) a sequel?

For me, it's definitely The Rocketeer. That movie was so kick-ass. Unfortunately, Disney got the film rights and thought the film could stand up to Terminator 2: Judgement Day and Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves, and it got flattened in the summer 1991. Another company would have read the glowing reviews and made a sequel anyway.... except Disney. Disney was already anti-sequel, but when the film didn't make blockbuster-numbers.... they gave up on it.

But I still hold out hope that that new CEO for Disney will come to his senses and look into letting Cliff Secord soar again...

I really like Rockteer too. But i dont see a sequel happen. If anything they'll prolly remake into crap instead of making a sequel.

Im still pulling for a GOOD Crow sequel. The third one wasnt bad but it doesnt have a lot of competition. A Shadow sequel would be cool too.

DocLathropBrown said:
What one-off Comic Book film do you think deserved (or still deserves) a sequel?

For me, it's definitely The Rocketeer. That movie was so kick-ass. Unfortunately, Disney got the film rights and thought the film could stand up to Terminator 2: Judgement Day and Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves, and it got flattened in the summer 1991. Another company would have read the glowing reviews and made a sequel anyway.... except Disney. Disney was already anti-sequel, but when the film didn't make blockbuster-numbers.... they gave up on it.

But I still hold out hope that that new CEO for Disney will come to his senses and look into letting Cliff Secord soar again...
i'd like to see the rocketeer return as well

P2: The Passion of the Christ 2: Jesus Kicks Ass.

With, of course, Dave Chappelle as a resurrected gun-toting Jesus ready to punish us all for our sins.

*Door blown off hinges*
Thug: "Jesus Christ!"
Jesus: "That's right! I'm back, biotch!"

too bad the jaguar lives and infra man aren't comic book movies those are two that deserve sequels

3dman27 said:
too bad the jaguar lives and infra man aren't comic book movies those are two that deserve sequels

Hey, I'm alive! :(

:p

I wouldn't mind a sequel to "The Shadow" or "The Phantom". Those were both fun little films that didn't take themselves too seriously.

jag

Well I always have to say ...for me another big budget Darkman......but another movie I'd like to see continue is Midnight Run with Rober DeNiro, very under rated film.

I also liked the Phantom movie, although they should have gone for a dark blue suit instead of the purple one. It would be cool to see a sequel to that.

Rockteer
the shadow
the phantom
There fun movies hopefully with the rumores going around there remakes will happen.

The Shadow Knows!

Seriously, what a badass.

Rockteer
the shadow
the phantom
Hulk
Punisher
Daredevil

just thought I would add those, because I am starting to get worried we wont get sequels for those either.

I second that bust!

I mean, what is there not to love!? He's like Batman, the Invisible Woman, James Bond, Rorsach and Castor Troy rolled into one!

S_H_F_4839 said:
Rockteer
the shadow
the phantom
Hulk
Punisher
Daredevil

just thought I would add those, because I am starting to get worried we wont get sequels for those either.
Okay-the Shadow & Phantom crashed & burend, hence, no sequels. The only hope for the Shadow at this point would be to start over, as I can't see Alec Baldwin returning to the role. They, along w/the Rocketeer, are proof that period films & superheroes don't mix. And I liked "The Rocketeer".
As for the others, they weren't too well received, either, but since a decade hasn't passed I remain hopeful.

I'd love to see The Rocketeer get a sequel, but it will never happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"