Tron Legacy Sequels

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was absolutely delighted by the news that Tron 3 was cancelled. A travesty prevented for all.

I like everyone else went to watch Tron Legacy in IMAX bolstered by the cool visuals and the fantastic score by Daft Punk. And I witnessed quite possibly one of the worst blockbusters I had ever witnessed. I gave it zero stars in my review. Absolutely no redeeming qualities, horrible direction, the most atrocious script in tent pole cinema, horrid acting, and just plain misguided and misbegotten and badly and terribly conceived. I thought it was bad on a unprecedented scale. Hence my delight at the cancellation of the sequel.

All this is of course, just my humble opinion.

Wait, you say how it had amazing visuals and soundtrack but then also state it had no redeeming qualities? Didn't you just mention 2 of them?

I would be this angry if the film was insulting on the level of Michael Bay or Zack Snyder's films, but it wasn't, it had a standard plot that didn't realy offer anything fresh, but didn't give many reasons to feel ofended either, was just a safe story that had some cool ideas but didn't develop them much.

0 is a very harsh criticism, expecialy when you just mentioned in least 2 redeeming qualities lol.

hate doesn't need to make sense, don't you know? :o

Wait, you say how it had amazing visuals and soundtrack but then also state it had no redeeming qualities? Didn't you just mention 2 of them?

I would be this angry if the film was insulting on the level of Michael Bay or Zack Snyder's films, but it wasn't, it had a standard plot that didn't realy offer anything fresh, but didn't give many reasons to feel offended either, was just a safe story that had some cool ideas but didn't develop them much.

0 is a very harsh criticism, expecialy when you just mentioned in least 2 redeeming qualities lol.

I think it had more than 2 for sure, Wilde for sure its a lovely third reason to enjoy this flick. But there is a lot more i think, the ISOs was an intriguing concept that i wish they would explain more. But yeah you said clearly , interesting ideas but it played it a bit safe in the end. And that main, Siren my God what a beautiful woman.

But just visually you cant take your eyes out of this world, i never found anything offensive at all of this movie. What did you find offensive? im just intrigued on what could have been

Slumcat is the guy that was looking forward to the Kellan Lutz Hercules movie if I'm not mistaken and I think he also likes Scott Adkins...

Slumcat is the guy that was looking forward to the Kellan Lutz Hercules movie if I'm not mistaken and I think he also likes Scott Adkins...

Well Adkins is an impressive martial artist i will give him that. Lutz is an incredible lamp post, the definition of what an actor shouldn't do

I think it had more than 2 for sure, Wilde for sure its a lovely third reason to enjoy this flick. But there is a lot more i think, the ISOs was an intriguing concept that i wish they would explain more. But yeah you said clearly , interesting ideas but it played it a bit safe in the end. And that main, Siren my God what a beautiful woman.

But just visually you cant take your eyes out of this world, i never found anything offensive at all of this movie. What did you find offensive? im just intrigued on what could have been

I didn't find anything offensive at all, i was just wondering why the poster i quoted hated the film so much more than other films that came out in recent years. I think films that deserve that much hate are the ones that are the most offensive, i found Tron Legacy absolutely harmless.

As for the ISOs, i never realy got what they were and their difference from the main programs, weren't both living things? Also, was it jsut me, or there was an ISO who looked just like the main siren?

ISOs were spontaneously created by the Grid while Programs are created by Users aka programmers like Flynn.

I don't think Legacy is the worst film ever but I do think it's a very bad movie, it's dumb, it's dull and poorly acted outside of Wilde's performance. Joseph Kosinski is a hack extraordinaire whom hopefully never gets his hands on any property that I dig. He hasn't even directed a really successful film at the box office, so if Disney revives the franchise hopefully they look at that fact and drop him like a sack of potatoes.

I didn't find anything offensive at all, i was just wondering why the poster i quoted hated the film so much more than other films that came out in recent years. I think films that deserve that much hate are the ones that are the most offensive, i found Tron Legacy absolutely harmless.

As for the ISOs, i never realy got what they were and their difference from the main programs, weren't both living things? Also, was it jsut me, or there was an ISO who looked just like the main siren?

No i didn't mean you found something offensive, i meant the other guy who posted, i was curious about his reasons to hate it that much. Cause Tron is as harmless as it possibly could be

I think ISOs are created from nothing literally, i think that was the idea. They were like angels, i see it that way, it had a spiritual side to them almost.

but if there was an ISO just like the main Siren, i dont remember now, maybe the same actress played it?

I don't think Legacy is the worst film ever but I do think it's a very bad movie, it's dumb, it's dull and poorly acted outside of Wilde's performance. Joseph Kosinski is a hack extraordinaire whom hopefully never gets his hands on any property that I dig. He hasn't even directed a really successful film at the box office, so if Disney revives the franchise hopefully they look at that fact and drop him like a sack of potatoes.

Every film he has Directed has had great visuals and good editing, maybe the fault his films aren't better is due to the...i don't know....screenwriters? I mean, in both his films, that where the problems have all been...

I would give that title to people like Paul W. S. Anderson, Liebesman, modern Shyamalan or Tim Story lol

Kosinski is without a doubt a few levels above all of them.

It's funny, if that type of hyperbole was in the Man of Steel forum, she'd be ready to start calling them out as trolls and whatnot and yet...

I think Kos. has a lot of talent visually.

He kinda reminds me of Michael Bay or Zack Snyder except more "subtle"
If those directors would just take notes and listen to criticism they would be great.

Im interested in seeing what Kos does next even though Oblivion did put me to sleep

Last edited:
I wouldn't call Kos a hack at all, i want to see what he can do with a stronger script. Hes visual style is amazing, really streamlined and great design taste, he knows what looks good on screen. Story wise i hope he gets something meatier to do, but hack is just another type of director. I dont want to throw names around but i dont think he falls in that category, and he is done only 2 films, so he is just starting out

He hasn't have a huge hit yet, but that doesn't take away from his merits

Yeah, he's not a journeyman director, he never struck me as that, he just hasn't found his trademark directing style yet. He's like one of those guys that we all were, we know what we wanna be, but it hasn't clicked yet.

You guys can wait on him, I don't like him. Of course If he in the future makes a film that I don't dislike I will not pretend otherwise.

Well i dont see anything in his IMDB page now. I dont know how accurate that info is, but if the deal with tron got burned i guess he is seeking another project. He is 41 so he is fairly young for a director yet, will see what he does next

having your first movie begin the sequel to Tron, i mean that was a big gig. Disney doesnt like loosing money so they saw something in this guy, they could have gone with other more experienced directors

Stronger scripts won't fix his storytelling imo. He know how to tell the story of an action scene, but not of an overall film.

His editing has been alright, most of the flaws from the storytelling of his films have been due to the scripts, not his Directing IMAO

Stronger scripts won't fix his storytelling imo. He know how to tell the story of an action scene, but not of an overall film.

Well hes got 2 films only, we should see another try. If he STILL doesn't get the stroytelling right, then i would admit that he doesn't have what it takes in that departament

Wasn't Oblivion based on his own story he wrote? He didn't write the script, but that was his story.

It was, but that doesn't mean he couldn't do something very well with a good script. Look at Ridley Scott for example, he's not exactly a writer, doesn't mean he can't pull of some masterpieces, even though he also makes some awful movies too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"