Warriors of Oz

Hunter Rider

Ronin
Staff member
Reaction score
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=106796

Timur Bekmambetov Takes on Warriors of Oz

A new vision of L. Frank Baum's world of Oz is on the way from Timur Bekmambetov. Deadline reports that the Nightwatch and Wanted director will executive produce and potentially direct "Warriors of Oz," a miniseries set to air on Syfy.

The miniseries would follow modern day warriors on a journey through a post-apocalyptic future version of Oz taken over by an evil wizard. The Tin Man, the Scarecrow and the Cowardly Lion are to be reimagined as three warriors themselves, Heartless, Brainless and Coward.

It's been a busy time for Baum-fueled adaptations in Hollywood. Earlier this year, Sam Raimi's Oz the Great and Powerful hit the big screen and, set for release on May 9, 2014, Summertime Entertainment will offer their animated take, Legends of Oz: Dorothy's Return.

I'm interested to see how this turns out.

I was interested but after reading the synopsis for it...not so much. Though I may check it out. But I don't know why they are doing another Oz miniseries when they already did TinMan.

You had me at Post Apocalyptic. I literally didn't have to read anymore.

It sounds interesting except being in SyFy who have a very spotty record of adapting these things properly. Some of their stuff is great, some of it not so much.

Add this series to a growing list of films or tv series that turn fairy tales into warriors/hunters action films.

Next thing you know, Pinocchio will be a cyborg that wants to avenge the killing of his creator. . . . . .

Didn't SyFy already do a modernized Oz with Zooey Deschanel?

Yeah, a reasonably good one too. So that's why it's hopeful they'll do another good adaptation here.

I think the actual concept is a bigger cause for concern than it being on Syfy.

I don't see a problem with the concept but with its execution will matter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"