was it the 90's when cartoons began to suck?

Lord Valumart said:
think about it...the 90's can be split into 3 sections(broad sections but stick with me)

early 90's - repeats of the 80's greatest cartons, ghostbusters, thundercats, turtles, etc:heart:
mid 90's - superhero cartoons, batman TAS, spider-man, Hulk, etc
late 90's - anime invation, pokemon, digimon, dragonball, etc

now...i'm not saying that it went downhill with all the anime....but lest be honest...it lead to the begining of the end cause now we're over flooded by anime looking crap and it started with the 90's.

so....er...anyone else agree?:huh:

Two things.

1) Pokemon isn't true anime. It's kiddy stuff.

2) REAL anime is far superior to that of anything done here in america. (save for Justice League and Batman)
Shows like Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex among COUNTLESS others are leaps and bounds above the animation and story telling of anything we've done in america.

GhostPoet said:
Two things.

1) Pokemon isn't true anime. It's kiddy stuff.

2) REAL anime is far superior to that of anything done here in america. (save for Justice League and Batman)
Shows like Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex among COUNTLESS others are leaps and bounds above the animation and story telling of anything we've done in america.

What I don't like is lack of variety, whilst there are lots of different 'style's' of anime, anime remains an actual style so there is less scope. American cartoons etc, take Todd Mcfarelanes spawn, then compare that with 'the iron giant', leagues away from each other in terms of style, I always find anime quite dull, I have a few, but it just lacks the personal touch of the artists and feeling that I get with series like Batman etc...

Was Defenders of the Earth as good as i remember it being. Also Liked Visionarys, dungeons and dragons, Bucky Ohare. Damn i miss being a kid. Thank the gods for the internet and the ability to download this stuff of other geeks.

yes it was are you aware defenders of the earth is now on dvd vol one is now on sale

man i miss PHANTOM 2040 its was grovvy like the Aeon Flux series. cant find it anywhere online :(

if anyone comes across it do let me know

Batattack said:
Oh man, and I always watched Gargoyles every day. I still have the old VHS tapes, I hope I get the series on DVD for christmas.
Yeah, Gargoyles was good.

patrickbateman said:
man i miss PHANTOM 2040 its was grovvy like the Aeon Flux series. cant find it anywhere online :(

if anyone comes across it do let me know
if king features will allow defenders of the earth to be put on dvd it should let phantom 2040 be as well

I'm still waiting for the DVDs of Tiny Toons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"