Who here besides me thinks this is going to suck?

Yeah i heard FF did well in other countries...it is shown in my country several times but not popular.

sm unlimited DVD? i guess it has the same legal problems as other marvel cartoon in the 90s....thanks to torrents...i discovered that there was actually a Silver Surfer Cartoon made. Want to get all those marvel animated in official DVD though

Now speaking of spec sm....we know it is rated number 1 in the its timeslot and even its rerun during the 9:30am showing....it would be shown in my country very soon...cool kids would love this spidey for sure.

SSM >>>>>>>> Spider-Man: TAS (which was still great)

Just my opinion.

I still have doubts about the series. Do others have any new views?

My only doubts are that it might not get the 5 seasons and ton of D2DVD movies it deserves because of wacky network/marketing decisions.

This show, in one season has managed to WTFPWN every other non comic incarnation of Spider-Man. And yes, I'm including the movies.

If anything, I like it more now than I did when it started. It did seem aimed towards kids a little much but the attention to detail and the obvious research done to past comic story lines is really awesome. As for being aimed towards kids, duh, its a cartoon. Dopey of me to expect otherwise.

I went into this show without any expectations as well...I'm a more of a Batman person. The designs didn't really bother me that much going in because I always prefered stylized designs to real looking ones (I'm one of the few who liked TNBA's character models more than BTAS). I watched this show and became more interested in Spider-Man, plus...more minor characters that people like myself wouldn't be familiar with like Sally Avril have more prominent roles in this series so this show does it's homework.

My friend who IS a Spider-Man fan, would NOT watch the show period no matter how much I told him how good it was (Well, me being a Batman buff probably wouldn't know anything about his hero). Then I showed him just the Sinister Six fight and then he went and watched the full season.

The designs didn't really bother me that much going in because I always prefered stylized designs to real looking ones (I'm one of the few who liked TNBA's character models more than BTAS). .

THANK YOU! I mean, props to the noir look of TAS and all that but good God, everyone looked so bloated whenever they crouched down and motion didn't seem to translate that well. Fact is, if you're drawing a cartoon, you're going to have to stylize and simplify it in some way. Otherwise, Alex Ross would be the most successful animator in the world.

I went into this show without any expectations as well...I'm a more of a Batman person. The designs didn't really bother me that much going in because I always prefered stylized designs to real looking ones (I'm one of the few who liked TNBA's character models more than BTAS). I watched this show and became more interested in Spider-Man, plus...more minor characters that people like myself wouldn't be familiar with like Sally Avril have more prominent roles in this series so this show does it's homework.

My friend who IS a Spider-Man fan, would NOT watch the show period no matter how much I told him how good it was (Well, me being a Batman buff probably wouldn't know anything about his hero). Then I showed him just the Sinister Six fight and then he went and watched the full season.

yeah...i know some spidey fans who wouldnt watch the show just because of the designs

the designs in fact help the smooth animation and provided great action which other spidey cartoons didnt have

some action scenes in this is show are some of the best saturday morning has seen.

THANK YOU! I mean, props to the noir look of TAS and all that but good God, everyone looked so bloated whenever they crouched down and motion didn't seem to translate that well. Fact is, if you're drawing a cartoon, you're going to have to stylize and simplify it in some way. Otherwise, Alex Ross would be the most successful animator in the world.

Why do people always beef with Ross? He draws realistically.

Why do people always beef with Ross? He draws realistically.
I think he's saying that in a world where its just as easy to animate using detailed designs as it is simplified designs, Alex Ross would be a great animator. So its sort of a compliment.

Reading the last page...I can't believe people are complaning about Shocker. So what's it's a different pereson in the suit..it's still Shocker.

Reading the last page...I can't believe people are complaning about Shocker. So what's it's a different pereson in the suit..it's still Shocker.
As if Herman Schultz was a pivotal character in Spider-Man history anyway. He wasn't even mentioned by name in TAS.

Plus it's not like Herman ever had that much character delevopment.

yea at first i didnt like that it wasnt herman but over the course of season 1 i started to like it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"