Watching a movie multiple times in theaters, how much is too much?

You can see a movie as many times as you want and it's not a problem unless you do it at the expense of paying bills or eating real food.

I mean, I'd definitely judge you a little bit if you went to see the same movie more than 5 times, but if you can afford to do that, that's not my business.

I usually watch good superhero movies twice. Once with the wife & kids and once alone to try and catch the little things I missed the 1st go around.

As for movies I've viewed the most I saw TDK 3 times in theater and the Avengers 5 times in theater. Everything else got the standard 2 viewings. I have a home theater room that I enjoy but there's still something magical about the movie going experience.

See it as many times as you want. It's your hard earned money and time. Who am I to judge?

Last edited:
There were only two movies I've seen more than once in a theater: LOTR:FOTR - but it was before I had a computer or DVD player, and my VHS player was already dead, so the only chance to rewatch it was waiting until it's on TV. I've seen that movie three times but the last one was more than half a year after the first.

Then, I watched TDK in theater twice and decided that it makes no sense, so I will never do it again. And I didn't.

Obviously, everyone's personal choice of what is perceived as 'too much' will be personal but I think 3 times is about maximum before the actual visual and feel of the film starts to diminish I think.

It also depends on the fact you often see films with different groups of people so inevitable you end up watching it multiple times anyway.

I think mine is 3 times with Batman v Superman.

I agree with MK with what he said above.

I personally watch a movie once in theatre, but if I absolutely LOVE it, I go for the second viewing. Last year the only movie I watched twice were BvS and Arrival. I would have gone in for the third time for BvS, but didnt have the time, had my exams going on.

3 times is usually my limit. I saw BvS 4 times and even though I don't regret spending the money, seeing the film so many times over such a short span kinda made it less enjoyable for me. Unless I'm similarly blown away as I was for BvS, can't see myself going more than 3 times.

Saw Spider-Man 2 in the theater 5 times, my record. I went every chance I had. "Want to see it again?" Yup. "I haven't seen Spider-Man 2!" Let's go right now.

There's plenty of CBM's I would have liked to see a few more times, but it isn't as convenient to hop down to the theater whenever I like these days.

If I really really like a film, I'll see it in theaters multiple times just for the enjoyment and the "vote" for it to increase the likelihood of a sequel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"