Watchmen Movie Footage Event-Oct. 6, NY

Hurm...

Superhero
Reaction score
http://watchmencomicmovie.com/092408-watchmen-movie-footage-event.php

Fans have been hoping for weeks that the footage that was shown at this year’s San Diego Comic-Con, as well as the mysterious “super trailer” that was shown at Movie-Con, will be officially posted online. When will that happen? Who knows. Maybe never.
But a few lucky souls, myself included, will be getting a first look at some never before seen footage of the Watchmen movie at an event hosted by Warner Brothers.
Where can you get tickets? Unfortunately, the event, which is being held in New York City on October 6th, is not open to the public and is by invitation only.
So what footage will be shown? I don't have all of the details, but a source who did not wish to be quoted told me that the attendees, which will mostly be members of the press, will be getting a look at anywhere from twenty minutes to a half hour of footage from the final film. And this footage will not simply be shots from the film set to music, but several scenes from the film complete with dialog.
Wait, it gets better. The event will feature an introduction by Zack Snyder, who will be there in person, and will be followed by a Q&A session with the director and Watchmen co-creator Dave Gibbons. I’m guessing Gibbons will be flying directly to New York from Birmingham, England where he will be promoting his new book Watching the Watchmen at the Birmingham International Comics Show on October 4th and 5th.
The event will have two showings, one in the afternoon and one in the evening, and it’s not known how many people will be attending. There will also be a similar event held in Los Angeles, however, Dave Gibbons will not be present at this west coast screening. I don’t know the date yet for the L.A. event, or if invitations have even gone out yet for that one.
A similar series of events were held back in 2005 to promote Zack Snyder’s previous graphic novel adaptation 300 which included a third event hosted in Toronto, Canada.
So it seems that October 6th will be a huge news day for Watchmen fans as they will be getting not only a full report from me on what I’ve seen as well as what Mr. Snyder and Mr. Gibbons have to say about it all, but also a new video journal from the production as well.
And if you’re a fan who wants to attend the event, all is not lost. Each invitation allows the attendee to bring one guest. Don’t look at me — I’m bringing my wife. Sorry.

We better get some reports then! :cmad:

I actually would not want to see that, a trailer is one thing but seeing huge chunks of the film would harsh my movie going experience when I saw the full thing. You know...even though I know everything thats gonna happen...

I actually would not want to see that, a trailer is one thing but seeing huge chunks of the film would harsh my movie going experience when I saw the full thing. You know...even though I know everything thats gonna happen...

I would agree with you in almost any other case, but with Watchmen I know whats going to happen, so the only reason I'm watching is to see a faithful transition to the big screen. Which, if Snyder delivered, he wouldn't be afraid to show as much footage to the fans as possible, and I'll be watching all of it.

I am so torn with that as well. I know what will happen, and I don't want to have to wait forever...but I want to have the most enjoyable experience the first time I see it. You only get to see something for the first time once.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"