Sequels WB: Superman Returns to get sequel if it passes 200 million mark [MERGED]

boywonder13 said:
No it hasnt its made much more than that. No wonder people think its a faliure since they proably have the wrong facts. That would suck i it had that much but it has..

144 Million
as of June 12

http://www.supermanhomepage.com/news.php

me thinks you mean July :o

Seeing as how it wasnt released until June 28 :)

Even if it gets to $200M it doesn't sound certain and the much reduced budget is gonna make things harder and perhaps take Singer from the production

hunter rider said:
Even if it gets to $200M it doesn't sound certain and the much reduced budget is gonna make things harder and perhaps take Singer from the production

It will get to 200 million!!

They proably will use Singer again, but just put him on a tighter leash this time. WB will proably be reading up on what people want in a Superman movie and force SInger to do it.

antariksh said:
TOO BAD!!!

oh well there is always SHAZAM a superman wannabe lol :up:

Yeah, it is too bad. SR is a better film than the junk that's been coming out of FOX and Marvel the last few years (FF, Blade III, X3, Elektra, Punisher, etc, etc.).

Shazam should be cool as well. Hope it's as good as SR.

mathhater said:
Personally, I'm going to prepare for the worst. I've waited like 14 years for a Superman movie and I finally got one. So I'm going to try and be as satisfied by that as I can. Worst case scenario, no more Superman movies. At least I got to see one in my lifetime.

But it's really sad that not enough people are going to see a movie starring (IMO) the greatest character ever created...and overlooking him for a bunch of pirates.

(I watched POTC 2 btw...and I liked it okay, but I definitely don't think it should have been a record breaking movie...it was okay...and that's it...I liked SR and X3 a whole lot more...I can't believe it beat Spidey's record...ugh...certainly not deserving of such a feat IMO.)

So you'd rather see this drivel perpetuated? Do you think after this kick in the nuts they'd do this again? Next time it's a reboot from scratch like this should've been.

Dude....it's made 144 million....do you seriously think there's a chance it WON'T get to 200 mill?

I mean, WB could keep it out there for another 2 months.....even if the sales drop to hell, it'll make it to the 200 mark.

We're getting a sequel, fellas.

WTFwuzThT said:
So you'd rather see this drivel perpetuated? Do you think after this kick in the nuts they'd do this again? Next time it's a reboot from scratch like this should've been.

Well I would like to see this Superman continue on...granted, like everyone else, next time I expect a supervillian (besides Zod) and more action, but yeah...I do want to see this Superman some more. (I liked the movie, for the most part...sorry.)

WTFwuzThT said:

That's both cruel and funny. . . .

I LIKE IT!!!! :D

:mad: :mad: :mad:

We'll see Brandon and this Superman again, but Singer, Dougherty, and Harris will be all question marks.

Milkman95 said:
We'll see Brandon and this Superman again, but Singer, Dougherty, and Harris will be all question marks.
I agree and it could be mutual,Singer may not want to make a sequel with less money as if he is expected to deliver huge superman vs supervillain battles then he is gonna need as much money again at least IMO

This is just as much a result of the movie not having rewatchable quality as it is POTC2.

ChrisBaleBatman said:
Dude....it's made 144 million....do you seriously think there's a chance it WON'T get to 200 mill?

I mean, WB could keep it out there for another 2 months.....even if the sales drop to hell, it'll make it to the 200 mark.

We're getting a sequel, fellas.

It's not up to WB if it stays in theaters or not. On monday it made a whopping 2.6 million dollars. Let me say that for you again, 2.6 million dollars. For those keeping track that's $653 per screen and it's been out less than 2 weeks. As of Monday it's current take is 144 million. This movie doesn't have 56 million left in it. It's not gonna hit 200 million, sorry. It tanked badly and when other movies come out that make more money they'll begin removing showings of this dreck in favor of those. Superman is dead. Even if by some miracle it were to hit 200 it still wouldn't even begin to pay for itself in any shape for or way. Don't fool yourself WB is taking a very dim view of their golden boy right now and sweating bullets and kicking their own asses for this debacle.

Milkman95 said:
Yeah, it is too bad. SR is a better film than the junk that's been coming out of FOX and Marvel the last few years (FF, Blade III, X3, Elektra, Punisher, etc, etc.).

Shazam should be cool as well. Hope it's as good as SR.

don't compare SHAZAM to Superman. He is in a league of his own :o

And i don't want shazam to be like superman. I want it to be like the cartoon show that use to come long time ago in 1997

supermanowned3rc.png

So....you think that at 144.....it won't make it to 200?

How long does a film usually stay in theaters?

Btw.....when CINDERELLA MAN didn't make any money, how'd they re-relase it?

I have to agree that a Superman sequel will be a go, but I don't know about Singer's involvement. To be honest.

Look at the Hulk's sequel: They're replacing everyone supposely. It's a shame because Universal shouldn't have to.

If Singer spent 210-250 on this movie which doesn't have a lot of action scenes, how in the living hell can he bring out Brainiac with a lower budget?

Techically speaking....didn't POTC2 PWN all films in the history of filmmaking?

Bad Superman: Thank you. I to felt the pangs of cruelty as I put it together but it seemed so funny and ripe for humor it had to be done. :D

I to wouldn't mind seeing Routh back as Superman if they get rid of the kid and most of the 30 year old look of the movie. Hell just scrap it and start over with Routh. Although marketing wise WB might want to distance themselves from this somewhat. For example, the Hulk sequel...

Well, alot of the sets have been built...and the means and ways to create believable flying has been found.

Most of the money would be spent on the fighting, my guess. Everything else should be pretty easy to fund on a lower budget.

retconned said:
This is just as much a result of the movie not having rewatchable quality as it is POTC2.

Then why the hell would the studio, put it so close together. When they released Batman Begins, it was a great release time, right around the middle of June. They had a two and a half week buffer by the time War of the Worlds came out, even longer for when Fantastic Four came out.

It's not like they didn't know the first Pirates made over 300 million dollars, and was the biggest blockbuster of the summer for 2003. Heck it did better than X2 for crying out loud.

Everyone associated with this debacle looks dumb.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"