• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Superman Returns WB will make another Supes movie, just don't expect Singer and his crew involved

Super78

Civilian
Reaction score
That's what I think anyway.

A new director and writers will be brought in to breathe new life into Superman.

My guess is that Routh and Bosworth will stay, not sure about Spacey though since he's so loyal to Singer.

Superman needs to be brought back as the 'ulitimate superhero', taking on a super nemesis with edge-of-the-seat action and interesting drama.

Fact is, the fans and casual movie goers didn't want to see an emotional Superman who flys away on the verge of tears. Yeah yeah, he's got conflicting human emotions, but we need to see Supes do what he does best---kick ass!

I'm afraid that any film which attempts to pick up and run with the skewed Superman mythology that Singer has constructed is doomed to the same sort of failure as this one, whether Singer or his cronies are involved or not.

Nope, I'm afraid Warners' only reasonable choice is to clear the boards and start again with something completely different and unconnected.

Iv been saying for years Singer is a bad director. He has no creativity and lacks vision. He has no flare. But they wont pick another director.

Oh the mental ******ation. It hurts me.

with vague history, anything's possible. though I'm not liking vague history. it's all sorts of confusing.

They should begin anew same as batman did. i'd like to see a sky-captain-esque take on superman's story.

Anybody see sky captain besides me? It's a pretty fun movie despite a weak story. The fx look like they were directly ripped off from those fleischer toons. and the woman in it is basically a lois lane ripoff too.

Wow imagine how cool an adventure movie would be if done in that style!1 get the guys from skycaptain working on the next superman, wb!!!! Singer lacks a flair/style? These guys have it aplenty.

sky-captain-and-the-world-of-tomorrow-2.jpg

Oh I'd become a kid again if I saw superman duking it out with these robots.
skycaptain19.jpg

WB, if you want my cash, get these guys.

cover.jpg

Demon Within said:
Iv been saying for years Singer is a bad director. He has no creativity and lacks vision. He has no flare. But they wont pick another director.

I have been saying the same thing over the x-men boards but no one agrees. They think X1 and X2 are the best thing since slice of bread. They consider spider-man1 and spider-man 2 INFERIOR to X1 and X2. But clearly it is the other way around.

X3 was my favourite x-men movie but lot of people disagree because they are singer fans OR because X3 had too many deaths (favourite charcatres). But it was in every way more EPIC and AWESOME compared to X1 and X2.

Oh well........

If they ever make a superman sequel they should fire singer else i am not going to watch the sequel.

Galactical said:
with vague history, anything's possible. though I'm not liking vague history. it's all sorts of confusing.

They should begin anew same as batman did. i'd like to see a sky-captain-esque take on superman's story.

Anybody see sky captain besides me? It's a pretty fun movie despite a weak story. The fx look like they were directly ripped off from those fleischer toons. and the woman in it is basically a lois lane ripoff too.

Wow imagine how cool an adventure movie would be if done in that style!1 get the guys from skycaptain working on the next superman, wb!!!! Singer lacks a flair/style? These guys have it aplenty.

skycaptain19.jpg

cover.jpg

I personally think SKY CAPTAIN shoudl have been a HIT at boxoffice but it tanked due to a bad marketing campaign and a bad release date. It should have been released in the SUMMER but came out in september which is bad for such movies.

Ya i think these guys can make superman the way fans and general audinces expect it to be.

HAHAHAH whoever thinks "Superman Returns" is a bad movie, sucks pretty much!!!!!!!11one

Takes out strange device from under cloak and aims it at mirror...........

Bryan singer is a god amongst movie directors. His cinematic skills dwarf the likes if Jackson, Raimi, Spielberg, etc. He brings such vision to his films. Most of all he isn't an ego driven director that insists on doing things his way. Instead he respects and follows the source material the Raimi never does.

Whoa......sarcasm ray begins to wear off.

He is going to appear at the con with ideas for the sequel.

Ahh yes. . . I smell a war coming. Let the blood bath begin!!!!! :D

If anyone here is gonna be there, ask him if he plans to have superboy help dad fight crime in the next one.

Galactical said:
If anyone here is gonna be there, ask him if he plans to have superboy help dad fight crime in the next one.

:D I would love to see the answer/reaction to that.

Galactical said:

skycaptain19.jpg

cover.jpg

loved skycaptain, own the dvd. was a cool flick

Yes! I like Sky Captain too. Superman Returns could have given us some cool robots like this instead of Lex and his bloody cystals.
I was VERY disappointed that we never got to see a great ariel view of Metropolis. We get no sence of what kind of city it is. I thought they would show us great skylines like in Batman Begins only metropolis would be even more futureistic. What I saw was mostly a sydney/NYC hybrid. Wheres metropolis?
And for the love of god could we PLEASE get some superheroics like this..

Singer should be given one more chance. Going back and seeing what were the original plans, I'AM GLAD SINGER CAME ON BOARD.

Also, Batman Begins' sequel will have The Joker so the sequel will be bigger than the first one. Sequels today do that and thats what should be expected for the sequel to Superman Returns. I don't want to wait ANOTHER 20 years for a new one and I don't want for this new series to be restarted now. For new audiences, it would be confusing and for most who liked it (the overall reviews seen in google added up to 4/5 stars) will hate they got rid of the film's contiunity to make a new one instead of improving the first film.

If anything, I want a group of good Superman comic writers to write their own sequel to Superman Returns and then they would pick from those to make the movie on.

THIS IS WHAT I WANT FOR THE SEQUEL THAT WILL BE REPOSTED IN A NEW THREAD:

1) The treatment should be written by a comic writer who has done good Superman stories

2) Lex gets LexCorp and becomes a powerful man

3) Superman should be depowered similar to STAS but nothing like a whimp

4) Luthor can only be a supporting villian, the MAJOR villian will be new, alien-like, and must be Brainaic (from New Krypton).

5) For Tomoorw must be the basis for the sequel

6) Lois should know Clark is Superman and start the relationship.

7) The kid, since there have been a Superboy and I don't want to say this, if it has to be, then maybe the kid should.....die. I'm up in the air on this but maybe. Highly not.

Galactical said:

skycaptain19.jpg

cover.jpg

That's what I told my brother when I first saw the trailer. I swear that would be a revamp like non other and man that would be dope. infact get that same crew just a better righter, cause that world was the ****!!!!!

antariksh said:
I have been saying the same thing over the x-men boards but no one agrees. They think X1 and X2 are the best thing since slice of bread. They consider spider-man1 and spider-man 2 INFERIOR to X1 and X2. But clearly it is the other way around.

X3 was my favourite x-men movie but lot of people disagree because they are singer fans OR because X3 had too many deaths (favourite charcatres). But it was in every way more EPIC and AWESOME compared to X1 and X2.

Oh well........

If they ever make a superman sequel they should fire singer else i am not going to watch the sequel.

lmaoooooooooooo x-men 3 EPIC?? comedy..thats for the laugh of the day man :up:

WormyT said:
Yes! I like Sky Captain too. Superman Returns could have given us some cool robots like this instead of Lex and his bloody cystals.
I was VERY disappointed that we never got to see a great ariel view of Metropolis. We get no sence of what kind of city it is. I thought they would show us great skylines like in Batman Begins only metropolis would be even more futureistic. What I saw was mostly a sydney/NYC hybrid. Wheres metropolis?
And for the love of god could we PLEASE get some superheroics like this..

must be one those "oOooOO LOOK AT THE XXPLOSHUNZ" in the movies crowd lol

Binker said:
Singer should be given one more chance. Going back and seeing what were the original plans, I'AM GLAD SINGER CAME ON BOARD.

Also, Batman Begins' sequel will have The Joker so the sequel will be bigger than the first one. Sequels today do that and thats what should be expected for the sequel to Superman Returns. I don't want to wait ANOTHER 20 years for a new one and I don't want for this new series to be restarted now. For new audiences, it would be confusing and for most who liked it (the overall reviews seen in google added up to 4/5 stars) will hate they got rid of the film's contiunity to make a new one instead of improving the first film.

If anything, I want a group of good Superman comic writers to write their own sequel to Superman Returns and then they would pick from those to make the movie on.

THIS IS WHAT I WANT FOR THE SEQUEL THAT WILL BE REPOSTED IN A NEW THREAD:

1) The treatment should be written by a comic writer who has done good Superman stories

2) Lex gets LexCorp and becomes a powerful man

3) Superman should be depowered similar to STAS but nothing like a whimp

4) Luthor can only be a supporting villian, the MAJOR villian will be new, alien-like, and must be Brainaic (from New Krypton).

5) For Tomoorw must be the basis for the sequel

6) Lois should know Clark is Superman and start the relationship.

7) The kid, since there have been a Superboy and I don't want to say this, if it has to be, then maybe the kid should.....die. I'm up in the air on this but maybe. Highly not.

Or my theory about richard really being braniac and that the kid really was a seed planted in supes when he tranfered it to lois to give birth to it. Braniac then for the last five years has been raising his own Superman to be catered to HIS plans. would make sense and keep richard as a main character as in revealing himself in the next movie. Lois will be heart broken and the kid would be growing faster than any kid known.

Believe what you want -- but NO way will Singer not return for this trilogy. WB isn't going to remove him -- just because you don't like his vision doesn't mean you throw out $250 million worth of investment to start over.

Singer will be back -- WB may ask he be more lenient when it comes to involving other creative forces -- but he and his crew will be back.

And that's the best thing to do. Honestly, the last thing I want is some new guy coming in and giving us a rehaul or trying to tie back to what's done -- the vision stays with the man who started it; whatever the minority feels, there are a lot of us who want to see this through.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"