We never got Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego!

terry78

My name is Stefan, sweet thang
Reaction score
There were plans to bring this to the big screen a few years back, but they never did it. I still have the old game on my pc, and play it from time to time. :o I'd like to see them attempt it again, at least to get Salma or Penelope for the title character. Just the fact that she stole ****ing landmarks would be intersting on its own.

carmen%203.jpg

I remember playing that game growing up. That and the cheesy tv gameshow.

Also the awesome cartoon series...yes I said it!

Eh, I could live without that cartoon. That was about the two kids having to stop her crimes. If they do a movie, I want grown ass agents or people as her adversaries.

Eh, I could live without that cartoon. That was about the two kids having to stop her crimes. If they do a movie, I want grown ass agents or people as her adversaries.
Wah wah wah I want gritty realistic characters on something made for kids to learn geography and history at an elementary school level. :whatever:

Wah wah wah I want gritty realistic characters on something made for kids to learn geography and history at an elementary school level. :whatever:

Quiet, you. :p The original video games featured adults, even if the subject matter was more geared for kids.

Quiet, you. :p The original video games featured adults, even if the subject matter was more geared for kids.

Damn right! Not to mention when people mention having kids in a full length film it brings back memories of the cheesy young ones they would get for the gameshow. :cmad:

Which was ALSO Awesome. (Do it Rockapella!)

I'd multi-generational it... kinda like National Treasure but scaled back age-wise(adolescent/young adolescent and grown man).

As a trippy irony, it should end in San Diego. That's where she should be the whole time as they chase her trail all over.

The kids were like teenager or early 20's...or that was my impression.

I loved watching the live action show...so sad when Lynne Thigpen died :csad:

But who would you want to play Carmen Sandiego?

When does Giselle hunting season start? Hehehe... :D

I remember having a Carmen Sandiego game years ago, but I think what I remember a lot more was the game shows. I remember spending many an afternoon being edutained with those.

My friend and I actually came up with a storyline for a Carmen San Deigo movie:

Carmen was actually an agent working for whatever organization the heroes worked for, but ala the opening of Mission Impossible, kills off her team and goes rogue. Meanwhile, her former partner has risen the ranks and become the Chief. A pair of agents is sent to catch Carmen after she begins a series of high stakes heists. The film would be set in the 80s ala the original games and be a mix of the Ocean's movies with elaborate heists, James Bond with high class world travelling agents and Bourne with down to earth gritty realism. And a hint of American Psycho..because The Chief would be total yuppie like Bateman, except not a psychopath..

I remember this being on Fox around the time the X-Men cartoon was on, but I never saw it.

And Salma Hayek would be great with her crooked English to play a live-action version.

Weren't there live action segments on the pbs gameshow. DAMNIT TV'S JUST NOT WHAT IT USED TO BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

:cmad:
I want Bundchen

Though I guess Beckinsale would be okay, if we're underreaching in the looks dept.:o
(Not saying Kate's ugly, but Giselle is a whole lot better looking than her)

This needs to be the theme song for any movie about Carmen Sandiego:

[YT]5vPywpcyUQg[/YT]

If there is one T.V. show that deserves the big screen treatment, it's this show. I recall I used to love to watch this show on weekday afternoons & get a laugh at her animated minions. I also have to agree with the possible casting of Jennifer Lopez, because she definitely looks like her.

I don't mind her as Carmen.

[YT]cuzc4jgwlT8[/YT]

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"