We never got Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego!

Monica Bellucci as Carmen. :up: But really, any actress could pull it off.

This seems like a terrible idea for a movie so I'm glad J.Lo will likely get the role and hopefully it will kill her worthless acting career for good when it flops.

Carmen Sandiego doesn't need to be dark, because then it would not have the theme song by Rockapella.

Last edited:
This seems like a terrible idea for a movie so I'm glad J.Lo will likely get the role and hopefully it will kill her worthless acting career for good when it flops.

I agree. She needs to vanish from the entertainment industry altogether.

I agree. She needs to vanish from the entertainment industry altogether.

Yep. And that includes those annoying Fiat commercials where she drives through poor neighborhoods and pretends like she still has something in common with people who are down on their luck.

Dawson would be good but isn't she above this?

Dawson would be good but isn't she above this?

I doubt it. She did Zookeeper, which is an awful movie. She was the only good thing about that film. Has expressed interest in being in a future Star Trek movie.

I do think it'll be J.Lo who plays Carmen.

Last edited:
Eliza Dushku looks exacly like Carmen IMO.
25jju5x.jpg

She may not be Latin but she isn't just arian white she is Albanian.

god damn:wow:

that woman is like a fine wine. wow

I doubt it. She did Zookeeper, which is an awful movie. She was the only good thing about that film. Has expressed interest in being in a future Star Trek movie.

I do think it'll be J.Lo who plays Carmen.

And since "the hope is to turn the property into National Treasure meets The Thomas Crown Affair", I think it'll be fine for her.

I'd be fine with JLo as Carmen. My other and maybe top choice would be Eva Mendez

http://www.slashfilm.com/jack-giant-killer-writer-darren-lemke-tapped-carmen-sandiego/

‘Jack the Giant Killer’ Writer Darren Lemke Tapped for ‘Carmen Sandiego’

Posted on Wednesday, June 27th, 2012 by Angie Han

Since co-writing Shrek Forever After a few years ago, Darren Lemke‘s built himself a nice career adapting classic kid-friendly fare into big-screen features. He’s one of the scribes behind the fairy tale retelling Jack the Giant Killer and has worked on reinterpretations of both The Nutcracker and The Wizard of Oz. Outside of the fairyland, he’s doing a fresh draft of the R.L. Stine-based Goosebumps for Columbia — and now he’s added the Jennifer Lopez-produced Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego? movie to his plate as well. More details after the jump.

Carmen Sandiego, for those too young or too old to have grown up with it, was originally conceived as an educational computer game in the mid-’80s to teach kids about geography. The franchise later expanded to new editions of the computer game, books, board games, two separate PBS game shows, and an animated series. In 2011, a revamped version of the game was released for Facebook. Its title character is a criminal mastermind that travels the world pulling off daring heists.

Walden Media picked up the movie rights to Carmen Sandiego in November, and is envisioning the live-action adventure as “a cross between Thomas Crown Affair and National Treasure.” Sounds like a fun trick, if they can pull it off. It’ll be interesting to see how much of the educational angle Walden retains, though.

While we haven’t seen much from Lemke yet, his upcoming slate suggests he’s got a knack for smarter-than-average family pics, so Carmen Sandiego should be right up his alley. Lemke has two films due out next year, the aforementioned Jack the Giant Killer and DreamWorks’ snail racing pic Turbo.

The movie’s Carmen Sandiego will be a talented detective who goes rogue, becoming the world’s greatest thief. Her ex-partner from ACME, her former agency, is assigned to track her down. But as the mystery unfolds, the partner realizes that ACME may be part of a larger, more sinister conspiracy — and that far from being a villain, Sandiego may in fact be a hero.

No director or cast has been announced at this time, and we’ve no idea yet when cameras will start rolling on Carmen Sandiego. Although Lopez is only confirmed to produce at the moment, THR says she’s considering starring as well. Walden’s project is shaping up to become the character’s first appearance on the big screen, though they’re not the first to make the attempt. A version starring Sandra Bullock was in development several years back, but never got off the ground.

Carmen Sandiego should be latino I think.

Where in Time And Relative Dimension In Space is the Carmen Sandiego movie?

Bring it back...

e0i0HMs.jpg

Sira Quiroga (Adriana Ugarte) - https://youtu.be/_CfVkmaCPbE?t=111
(If she speaks English) Would make a great Carmen Sandiego.

From the dramma El tiempo entre costuras (The Time Between Stitches)
Full trailer:
[YT]_CfVkmaCPbE[/YT]

Last edited:
I always thought Catherine Zeta Jones would make an amazing Carmen.

Wow she’s incredible! I can’t wait to see her as the femme fatale villain.

Gina Rodriguez deserves more film roles and I am happy she's getting more of them.

Good for Gina. Love her! :hrt:

Netflix must have really loved her work on the animated series to offer her the role in a live action film as well. I'm sure she'll be great.

Man, I used to love playing these games, growing up. As well as watching the game show and the saturday morning animated series. Fun times.

I use to play the game as a kid, how would a movie work? Does this count as a video game movie, lol?

i think it's kinda cool that she will have a hand in producing it too

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"