World Web shooter shop class - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
guys if I want to gave one liter of this formula what is the quantity of the materials:
PVA
PVA Glue
Solvent (I think it will be water tell me your opinion)
Latex
Sodium stearete ( it's a bonding agent)
Please HELP

I couldnt say at the moment but probably when I go back to school.

Using water as your solvent is surprising but isn't the first I've heard of it. For weeks I've been trying to find a solvent other than acetone but couldn't find anything so looks like I'll have to do with water.

someone know if the PVA can be disolved on a solvent in place of water also shadow try with turpentine it's a very good osolvent

someone know if the PVA can be disolved on a solvent in place of water also shadow try with turpentine it's a very good osolvent

I've tried but I think the problem with it was that it was highly flammable, which is the same problem with acetone

Mm maybe water is the ideal solvent, and the flash point of acetone is -17*C

Do you mean the part that talks about removing the solvent from the fluid as it exits the spinneret, allowing it to turn into a solid?

I think he did, and he was curious because to evaporate the solvent it must use heat, and it would be rather impossible to evaporate acetone without it catching on fire :S

Also thats the part i can never get a hang of, the product being turned into a solid

The other way to allow it to turn solid quicker is to use phantom spider method; add a ton of the solvent to make the formula totally liquid instead of a viscous liquid, and make the spineret holes extremely smaller.

I think he did, and he was curious because to evaporate the solvent it must use heat, and it would be rather impossible to evaporate acetone without it catching on fire :S

Also thats the part i can never get a hang of, the product being turned into a solid
Widow put it simply; he said that we should add a heating element so that when the fluid escapes the shooter, it will cool down and harden. This way, the inside will still be a gel, and it will splatter on impact.

Widow put it simply; he said that we should add a heating element so that when the fluid escapes the shooter, it will cool down and harden. This way, the inside will still be a gel, and it will splatter on impact.

a heating element such as: ......................

a heating element such as: ......................
A battery with a large wire (nichrome or otherwise) running from the positive to negative terminals of the battery; possibly an arbitrary circuit in there, too. If you wrap the wire around the spinnerette and tubing, then it will heat, by conduction, the fluid within the tubing.

A battery with a large wire (nichrome or otherwise) running from the positive to negative terminals of the battery; possibly an arbitrary circuit in there, too. If you wrap the wire around the spinnerette and tubing, then it will heat, by conduction, the fluid within the tubing.

I cant believe it, i actually understood that!! (Amateur speaking remember)
But since your heating, im guessing the solvent must be water

I cant believe it, i actually understood that!! (Amateur speaking remember)
But since your heating, im guessing the solvent must be water
It's actually aqueous acetone (60% water, 40% acetone). This way, the reaction will only take place as the water floats to the top of the mixture when heated, thus reacting with what it needs to react with, leaving the acetone to its own devices. We are not going to heat the acetone to the point that it would catch on fire. At least, I assume so from all of you...

It's actually aqueous acetone (60% water, 40% acetone). This way, the reaction will only take place as the water floats to the top of the mixture when heated, thus reacting with what it needs to react with, leaving the acetone to its own devices. We are not going to heat the acetone to the point that it would catch on fire. At least, I assume so from all of you...

Everytime i try searching anything about solvents, i cant find anything. Eventhough people give names of solvents i need information about them for my notes but cant find anything!

Everytime i try searching anything about solvents, i cant find anything. Eventhough people give names of solvents i need information about them for my notes but cant find anything!
Try looking in Widow's "Web shooter: possible?" thread. There should be some info there on solvents. Basically, it is the thing to actuate a reaction to bring the formula to its behaviour that we would want (stretchy, strong, etc.).

Try looking in Widow's "Web shooter: possible?" thread. There should be some info there on solvents. Basically, it is the thing to actuate a reaction to bring the formula to its behaviour that we would want (stretchy, strong, etc.).

is that not the job of the elastomer?

Yeah, exactly. Just wanted to make it clear. I'm bad at explaining things.

Join the club :) anyways back to the shooter, im thinking about ways of making the fluid go without actually manually adding pressurized gas.

Join the club :) anyways back to the shooter, im thinking about ways of making the fluid go without actually manually adding pressurized gas.
The only way I can think of is some kind of cooling refrigeration system that would cool down the canister, with a one-way valve on the side of the canister, so that air would suck into the canister. Then we would heat it back up and the expanding air would extrude the formula.
Of course, that's incredibly complicated.

The only way I can think of is some kind of cooling refrigeration system that would cool down the canister, with a one-way valve on the side of the canister, so that air would suck into the canister. Then we would heat it back up and the expanding air would extrude the formula.
Of course, that's incredibly complicated.

OK we can take that suggestion down then, looks like we cant get around using gas so what would be the most cost effective and duration time of a pressure vessel?

That would depend on how much the gas can be compressed, and the breaking point of the vessel itself. I would say that the average vessel would be able to shoot 20-30 yards of fluid at most.
However, some have suggested that a backpack could be used. A backpack vessel would be able to hold more than 30 times the original vessel could. If you're looking for something you're going to use often, then I would look into pressurizing a large backpack vessel, with Schrader valves to regulate the flow via tubes to the solenoid valves in the shooters.
However, if it is is something you will use sparingly, then I would suggest looking at a smaller pressure vessel.
I once again post what I am using as my pressure vessel: http://www.binaca.com/peppermint.php
The one on the far left is cast metal, and can hold a continuous blast (albeit with an atomizer) for about 10 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"