World Webbing formula

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gel Spinning sounds like a good idea because it "is used to obtain high tensile strength". But how are we supposed to make cellulose acetate a gel? But I would rather do electro-spinning cause it sounds easier. And wouldn't we have to do the spinning right before it leaves the shooter?

yup. Here's the thing though, If we can only get a fraction of the PVA fiber strength due to our lack of resources, it'll still be stronger than acetate. If we can make full strength, water soluble vinylon at home, then we have created official webbing, like, as strong as steel. Now I say that of course with all the skepticism of a scientist, but due to our new processes, it's at least possible. I just ordered some PVA (a whole pound of it for 12$) and when it comes, I'm going to try that whole nylon out of the glass trick with acetone and nylon. If the fibers come out sufficiently strong, this project might just be over. If not, we have to work on our heating system. There will be no way around it if we go this route. If we want to stick to cellulose acetate, that works too, but all around, PVA would be cheaper and stronger, and for that I say, why not give it a shot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"