Weinsteins To Distribute Outlander

I saw it tonight and absolutely loved it, the concept was brilliantly executed with a well told story that actually took it's time, the characters were all solid and the effects defied their budget. This showed the imagination and quality sorely lacking in the AvP movies. I thought the scene where they try to trap the Moorwen was exhilarating and really was a showcase for what can be done with effects on a smaller budget. Ive not enjoyed a movie as much in this sub genre since Predator, fantastic stuff. :up:

GREAT movie. Not nearly as bad as I expected, it was actually a solid flick. I'll definitely pick it up on DVD. The monster was cool, the story was interesting, and Ron Perlman was a badass for the whole minute he was onscreen.

GREAT movie. Not nearly as bad as I expected, it was actually a solid flick. I'll definitely pick it up on DVD. The monster was cool, the story was interesting, and Ron Perlman was a badass for the whole minute he was onscreen.

He was laying to rest those mofos with his huge hammers! :woot:

He definitely left an impression. Wacca wacca!

^I take it you guys can see this becoming a cult flick also?

Also, HR, agreed about the scene were they trap the Morwen, that was a superb little scene and filled with a lot of tension. Seriously my only true complaint with this movie was Ron Perlman's screen time.

There's no info whatsoever when this will come out here.My guess is it will go straight to dvd.

The trailer looked cool so hopefully sooner rather than later.:o

Yea, the movie is still coming soon on the movie company site here.

Straight-to-DVD in Finland.

I just checked, and in Sweden this is being released in theaters on the 8th of May.

Last edited:
Its just been released here in theaters, I may go see it again.

My god this thread started almost 4 years ago. I saw this film months ago and while the initial concept is original the director goes no further with the story and simply turns it into another man against monster scifi B flick. It goes from original to completely unoriginal in the very same breath.

My god this thread started almost 4 years ago. I saw this film months ago and while the initial concept is original the director goes no further with the story and simply turns it into another man against monster scifi B flick. It goes from original to completely unoriginal in the very same breath.

It's about vikings and aliens resulting in some awesome action. Who needs story or character development when you have those? :D

^Exactly, its a fun concept and a fun movie, I will be getting this on DVD for sure when it comes out here.

No a fun concept would be if his crew contracted some sort of weird virus that transforms his crew into weird intelligent alien like monstrosities that are able to infect others they come in contact with. Heck maybe they can even take on human form to increase the paranoia of the film, etc. This is just off the top of my head. The whole man versus monster film is so played out I'm not even certain children would have found this film "fun."

^Well, plenty of people seemed to Zanos, me included, it was a nice change to see Sci-Fi mixed with Viking times, and it was awesomly played out IMO.

Finally got to see it since it didn't show at any theaters near me when it first came out.

Wow, I was really impressed! this was a very solid, enjoyable film. I'm even planning to BUY it on blu-ray!! I only save that for movies I really enjoy.

I can't remember where I recently heard about this film but read enough reviews on Amazon to order it.

Hasn't come in yet but was wondering if any others on the Hype have seen this and what they thought of it?

With Perlman in it as well as a monster that most are saying has a good design...oh yeah and F'ing Vikings I decided to take the chance of buying it without having seen it yet.

I can't remember where I recently heard about this film but read enough reviews on Amazon to order it.

Hasn't come in yet but was wondering if any others on the Hype have seen this and what they thought of it?

With Perlman in it as well as a monster that most are saying has a good design...oh yeah and F'ing Vikings I decided to take the chance of buying it without having seen it yet.

It depends on your taste, personally I think you are for a treat. If you like Vikings and sci-fi, you should love it. The only thing that really dissapointed me was how short Perlman's role was.

It depends on your taste, personally I think you are for a treat. If you like Vikings and sci-fi, you should love it. The only thing that really dissapointed me was how short Perlman's role was.

That's ok about Perlman, as cool as he is...he practically plays the same character in a lot of his movies. The fact that this has vikings fighting a monster is enough to get my attention.

It's going straight to dvd here but it won't go on sale until the end of October! That's what the distributors (Paradiso Films) said when i asked about it an e-mail.:o:down

i dont really see the point in tryin to distribute it now, basically every1 who wanted to see it saw it either on dvd or pirated so i dont see it making any money anyway

That's ok about Perlman, as cool as he is...he practically plays the same character in a lot of his movies. The fact that this has vikings fighting a monster is enough to get my attention.

Have you seen Mutant Chronicles and Enemy At The Gates? He is awesome in those and not like his usual self.

Have you seen Mutant Chronicles and Enemy At The Gates? He is awesome in those and not like his usual self.

I own Enemy at the Gates and have Mutant Chronicles preordered.

When I made that remark about Perlman it wasn't necessarily in a bad way. I'm a fan of his and I also said "a lot of his movies" not all of them. :woot:

The role of his that I've seen that was probably different from just about everything else though was when he was in The City of Lost Children.

Got this on Blu-ray today, the picture isnt the ebst BD transfer, though in some scene's it looks stunning, mainly the daylight scene's, and the you can see a lot more detail on the Morwen.

Worth a Blu-ray purchase definately and as movie is VERY enjoyable, I love low budget Sci-fi like this that brings new ideas to the table.

Got this on Blu-ray today, the picture isnt the ebst BD transfer, though in some scene's it looks stunning, mainly the daylight scene's, and the you can see a lot more detail on the Morwen.

Worth a Blu-ray purchase definately and as movie is VERY enjoyable, I love low budget Sci-fi like this that brings new ideas to the table.

Right on.

I have to admit, the scene where he scanned Earth's languages through that retinal scanner put to shame The Matrix's upload scenes. While Keanu just looked like he was trying really hard to drop a load, I love how in Outlander it seems a bit more realistic just in how he ends up with a bloody nose and vomits. I felt it was a neat touch to add in since his brain/system just got a ton of info electronically shoved into it at once.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"