Weinsteins To Distribute Outlander

Right on.

I have to admit, the scene where he scanned Earth's languages through that retinal scanner put to shame The Matrix's upload scenes. While Keanu just looked like he was trying really hard to drop a load, I love how in Outlander it seems a bit more realistic just in how he ends up with a bloody nose and vomits. I felt it was a neat touch to add in since his brain/system just got a ton of info electronically shoved into it at once.

Exactly, and the Morwen having a genuine reason to be pissed off and killing people was also another something different than the usual mindless monstor.

I take it you ended up enjoying it then Figs?

Exactly, and the Morwen having a genuine reason to be pissed off and killing people was also another something different than the usual mindless monstor.

I take it you ended up enjoying it then Figs?

I loved it.

I got my roommates to watch it and at first they thought it was going to suck because it is a bit low budget but they ended up thinking it was badass too.

Yeah, the Morwen having a good reason was definitely another positive. Although I'm a sucker for monsters and monster type films, so even if it was just another monster killing just to kill I still would have liked the movie.

Anyone have a link to a trailer?

Try this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jgUAA1veNQ

I loved it.

I got my roommates to watch it and at first they thought it was going to suck because it is a bit low budget but they ended up thinking it was badass too.

Yeah, the Morwen having a good reason was definitely another positive. Although I'm a sucker for monsters and monster type films, so even if it was just another monster killing just to kill I still would have liked the movie.

Yeah, I still would have loved it, but it was nice twist that the monstor had a genuine reason to be pissed, but it was still an awesome monstor anyway, and Kainan's story was a damn good one. That was another thing I liked, it wasnt action scene after action scene, we were able to see the characters progress and grow.

I have been recommending it to everyone, my brother watched it and loved it.

The awesome thing is, even though it flew under most people's radars, a few nights ago I put in my votes for the Spike TV awards and it is one of the nominees for best sci-fi.

I think it was the Spike awards. Whichever one is airing in October.

The awesome thing is, even though it flew under most people's radars, a few nights ago I put in my votes for the Spike TV awards and it is one of the nominees for best sci-fi.

Yeah it was the spike scream awards I think.

Have you seen Outlander TAC?

It was in the spike awards, I saw it earlier, I believe it was one the nominees for best sci-fi movie, which was surprising considering the amount of Sci-fi movies we got this year. I can this becoming a cult movie over the next few years definately.

Last edited:
You should give it a chance, it's pretty good.

^I would recommend it to anyone who likes Sci-fi and Vikings, its like a perfect merging of the two. It helps that the creature is great, as is Kainan's story, and Sophie Myles is so shagable its unbelievable!

Add to that John Hurt and Ron Perlman and you have a winner!

^I would recommend it to anyone who likes Sci-fi and Vikings, its like a perfect merging of the two. It helps that the creature is great, as is Kainan's story, and Sophie Myles is so shagable its unbelievable!

Add to that John Hurt and Ron Perlman and you have a winner!

I couldn't have said it better, especially in regards to Sophie Myles. :)

Great movie. I'm picky about what I buy on blu-ray. But this one is one I plan to buy. I thought it was really well done.

I couldn't have said it better, especially in regards to Sophie Myles. :)

Ha ha, she is a cutie isnt she, love her smile and shes actually a good actress as well. I also thought the score was really well done.

Great movie. I'm picky about what I buy on blu-ray. But this one is one I plan to buy. I thought it was really well done.

The only problem with the Blu-ray is the low budget sometimes shows, but other than that, it mostly looked great, especially the scenery and the majority of the effects.

The only thing I didnt like about the movie (apart from no naked Sophia)
was that the Morwen wasnt really finished off in a definitive way, I could easily see it surviving that fall.

Last edited:
The only thing I didnt like about the movie (apart from no naked Sophia) was that the Morwen wasnt really finished off in a definitive way,
I could easily see it surviving that fall.

Spoilers man! Spoilers! :)Really though, I agree.

^Ah yes, will have to edit it, thought everyone would have seen it by now though!

When i asked my local rental store about Outlander they said that it'll (finally) be available on October 20th. There's still no word yet on when it will go on sale so for now i'll have to make do with this.

^Its been out here in the UK for a while so I thought you would have gotten in Holland by now Retro.

Release dates of movies on dvd don't always match up. I'm just glad it's finally (nearly) here.:o

^I think you'll enjoy it, I wouldnt expect anything amazing though.

Yeah, the trailer looked cool but that doesn't mean end product is. We'll see.

^I really had no expectations when I watched it but I really enjoyed it, it is flawed of course but its definately worth a watch or two.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"