Riverdale Welcome to Riverdale: General Discussion

Makes sense, considering how we left off.

Plus, I think I saw a video clip of her appearing on Kelly Ripa's show a bit after Consuelos' casting was announced, and they talked a bit about Riverdale and made it sound like she and Consuelos would be working together.

DDc3GJQXsAAPPN9.jpg:large

Riverdale for the win.

In the 2017 43rd annual Saturn Awards, Riverdale won for Best Action/Thriller Television Series

Other Nominees:“Animal Kingdom” (TNT)
“Bates Motel” (A&E)
“Designated Survivor” (ABC)
“The Librarians” (TNT)
“Mr. Robot” (USA)

Congratulations Riverdale fans, you guys got yourself 22 episodes next season. :)

Congratulations Riverdale fans, you guys got yourself 22 episodes next season. :)

Riverdale starting in October instead of mid-season was a good sign it would. Not a sure thing, but more likely.

Riverdale starting in October instead of mid-season was a good sign it would. Not a sure thing, but more likely.

With the CW you just never know, they are about to launch a new show this summer, they do mid season stuff all the time, LoT started last year in October and only had 17 episodes, so yep, it is never a sure thing.

I wonder if that art is pulled from any of the comics, I do really like it though.

I would assume so. I think the art used for The Town That Dreaded Sundown script is a recent cover for Archie's "Over the Edge" arc.

‘Riverdale’: Brit Morgan Set To Recur In Season 2 Of the CW Drama
True Blood alumna Brit Morgan has been tapped for a recurring role on the upcoming second season of the CW’s Riverdale.

Morgan will play Penny Peabody, known to some as the “Snake Charmer.” Penny is a wily backroom attorney that the Southside Serpents keep on retainer in case of run-ins with the law. She prefers that her clients pay her with favors, not cash, as Jughead (Cole Sprouse) finds out when he seeks her out to help with his father.

hopefully the characters will have satisfying arcs, though I'm loathe to find out what crazy thing is come up with for some of them. I'm already disappointed that Chuck Clayton was remade into a... yeesh..

It is funny that they made Chuck into a complete piece of s***, but Reggie into just a stereotypical jock. Considering the way things on this show have been, Riverdale's Reggie should be a full-tilt sociopath. And hopefully he will be with this recast.

There is a rumor/theory that Chuck's storyline was meant for Reggie but the actor was too busy with his other show.

^Only a few years, I believe.

S2 Preview
[YT]zj4rUYZxbag[/YT]

http://tvline.com/2017/07/22/riverdale-season-2-spoilers-comic-con/
* A new trailer for Season 2 gave fans a glimpse of Archie’s anger and fear following Fred’s diner shooting, with Pop ominously calling the shooter “the Angel of Death” — and a devilish Cheryl taunting her mom Penelope, who’s lying in a hospital bed, her face covered in bandages:

* “We’re going to find out Fred’s ultimate fate at the end of the [Season 2] premiere,” executive producer Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa previewed. “The first episode is Archie, the gang, all of the town, waiting to find out what’s going to happen with Fred.” Whatever the fallout, it will reveal “a completely different side to Archie that we haven’t really seen yet,” KJ Apa shared. Meanwhile, Veronica is “challenged to step up and be a strong girlfriend,” possibly for the first time in her life, Camila Mendes said.

* Newly minted Southside Serpent Jughead “is placed in the middle of two worlds that are starting to collide and erupt,” Cole Sprouse described. “It’s going to start forcing him to pick a side, which is a dangerous place for him to be in because he’s a very morally grey character.” But just because he’s in the gang, “I don’t think it’s going to be as easy as he assumes,” the actor added. “I think he has an idea of fitting in, and he thinks he’s quite a special snowflake and he’ll stand out.” But at Southside High, “standing out can be physically threatening.”

* Sprouse noted that his character is “now very much the outsider” in Season 2 and physically away from much of the cast — but not his girlfriend Betty. However, that relationship will definitely be “tested.” For Betty, having her beau in the Southside Serpents is “very scary,” Lili Reinhart described. “She doesn’t want to lose her man, and also doesn’t want him to get into any danger.” When Sprouse said he wants Betty to “ride or die,” Reinhart hinted that “there might be a pink leather jacket in the future.”

* “We explore that darkness [in Betty] a lot more in Season 2 and coming to terms with it, rather than trying to cover it with a black wig,” Reinhart shared. The cheerleader will even “loosen her ponytail a little more,” Aguirre-Sacasa revealed. As for whom Betty will be leaning on in difficult times — boyfriend Jughead or pal Archie — “she finds a different comfort in every single one of [the characters],” Reinhart replied. “But you definitely see more of Betty and Archie’s friendship and support system.”

* Another potential threat to “Bughead” (and more ‘ships): Vanessa Morgan (The Shannara Chronicles) will play Toni Topaz, a member of the Serpents who is Jughead’s guide into that world. “She’s like a female Jughead. So she’s trouble,” Aguirre-Sacasa described. And being a bisexual character, Toni “could be trouble for a lot of the people on this show.”

* Mark Consuelos’ arrival as Veronica’s dad Hiram will shake up the Lodge family. His daughter “really wants to know he’s better now,” Mendes shared. “But at the same time, he’s still keeping secrets with [his wife] Hermione,” so Veronica is “still suspicious” and “[doesn’t] trust him.” And what will Papa Lodge think of his daughter’s boyfriend Archie? “We’ve got some crazy stuff together,” Apa previewed, adding that the twosome’s dynamic is “scary” for Archie.

* The Season 2 opener contains “probably the sexiest scene” in the show’s run, and it involves Veronica and Archie, Aguirre-Sacasa teased.

* As if there wasn’t enough boy drama, Mendes revealed that Veronica’s bad-boy ex from New York comes to Riverdale and “brings out Veronica’s dark side.” He “does some really bad things [involving] Veronica and Cheryl [in Episode 5], and because of that, it brings all the girls together to fight it,” Mendes shared.

* “Cheryl gets colder and meaner in Season 2 because of all the things that happened in Season 1,” Madelaine Petsch previewed. (Can you blame her?) “But she takes the reins back from her parent,” as seen in that teaser trailer scene. Betty and Cheryl also “have a very interesting dynamic” in the upcoming episodes, she teased.

* According to new series regular Casey Cott, Kevin is still “dealing with that heartbreak. I do think there’s going to be a new love interest that comes in eventually.”

* “Josie might be batting a couple of eyelashes at Reggie,” Ashleigh Murray revealed. As for the Pussycats, “we are, literally, singing the dopest song ever” in Season 2’s second episode, Asha Bromfield (Melody) hinted. “It’s a classic.”

* Asked if any supernatural elements will be introduced into the series, Aguirre-Sacasa cagily responded, “We have been talking about one very prominent supernatural character that exists in the Archie universe, and that’s all we can say.” Sabrina, is that you?

Disappointed with this show.

The Archie comics that I grew up reading is supposed to be light-hearted, funny, drama.

And now, they turn it into some dark, "who dun it", murder mystery drama.

Kevin Keller is the character that I'm most looking forward to. And they changed him from being blonde in the comics to being a brunette.

I don't mind diversity. I welcome it. But this show, they are just adding diversity for the sake of diversity.

There's already an African-American character "Valerie" in Josie and her bandmates.

But now, they have to change the ethnic of all the band members in Josie and her bandmates.

Great. They finally cast an asian actor. But they cast him (Ross Butler) in the role of a mean bully. (Reggie)

Just because he's asian, he has to play the role of the antagonist? He can't be one of the good guys?

And the role of Dilton was supposed to be played by Daniel Yang. But they recast the role with a caucasian actor.

I feel sad and sorry for Daniel Yang.

Lol...what a strange post. You complain about the diversity when it comes to the Pussycats but you have no problem with Asians playing characters who aren't Asian in the source material?:huh: And Dilton is still being played by an Asian actor, btw.

Anyway cw shows are not my thing typically. I checked this out because I used to read Archie comics on a regular basis as a kid, and I still read them occasionally. It's a pretty silly show but entertaining enough. A "guilty pleasure" basically.

Last edited:
Riverdale swept the TCA. Brought home majority of the awards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"