Welcome to the SHH Marvel Comics Boards,Introduce yourself!

First Name: Jarrod
First Comic(s) Ever Read: FF #20 (1st Molecule Man)
Favorite Characters: Silver Surfer, Superman, Cap'n America
Favorite Artists/Writer: John Byrne, Art Adams, Claremont
Top 5 Stories of all time: Batman: The Dark Knight, Superman: Man of Steel, Dark Phoenix Saga, Identity Crisis

each to their own. I'm just glad its not Nickleback or whatever.

I'll agree with you there.

The fact that any americans have heard of Arctic Monkeys, Muse and other less cookie cutter mainstream crap gets a high five from me.

Muse and the Arctic Monkeys are cookie cutter music, though. It's indie college rock. Just because your local pop station doesn't play a Muse song (and mine does, by the way), doesn't mean it's not marketed to a specific audience and radio format.

each to their own. I'm just glad its not Nickleback or whatever.

The fact that any americans have heard of Arctic Monkeys, Muse and other less cookie cutter mainstream crap gets a high five from me.

No, to nobody Nickleback, Kanye West, Arctic Monkeys or Muse. They all suck.

I find it funny that you've yet to list your own musical tastes.

First Name: Roger

First Comic(s) Ever Read: Random Batman comic when I was 5.

Favorite Characters: Jamie Madrox, Jaime Reyes, Captain America, Black Panther (Non-Hudlin), Batman, Wonder Woman, Mitchell Hundred, Bradbury, Yorick Brown, Young Avengers (Including Kate Bishop), Hawkeye, Daredevil, Nova and many more....

Favorite Artists: Michael Lark, Steve Epting, Mike Perkins, Tony Harris, David Aja, Travel Foreman, Steve McNiven,Ed McGuinness, Gary Frank, Sean Phillips, Alex Maleev, Tim Sale, Darwyn Cooke, The Romitas, Jae Lee.

Favorite Writers: Brian K. Vaughan, Ed Brubaker, Greg Rucka, Dan Slott, Kurt Busiek, Mark Waid, Christos N. Gage, John Rogers, Keith Giffen, Paul Dini, Justin Gray and Jimmy Palmiotti, Peter David.

Top 5 Stories of all time: Inhumans (Jenkins/Lee), Marvels, Captain America:Winter Soldier, The Sentry (Jenkins/Lee), X-Factor #87-"X-Amination".

Top 5 Current ongoings: Captain America, Daredevil, Iron Fist, Checkmate and of course X-Factor

Most anticipated comics of 2008?: Comics that don't suck?

Favorite Movies: Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back, To Kill A Mockingbird (Peck :up:), The Godfather Part II, Blade Runner, The Departed, The Aviator, The Breakfast Club and Cool Runnings.

Favorite Bands: Bloc Party, Cold War Kids, Muse, John Mayer, Nine Inch Nails, Tool, A Perfect Circle, The Klaxons, Journey, and Souljaboy.

I was reading through your post wondering to myself, "Why is it that I say that Darth has bad taste, again?" Then I got to your favorite music and I was reminded.

I was reading through your post wondering to myself, "Why is it that I say that Darth has bad taste, again?" Then I got to your favorite music and I was reminded.

Yeah, to be honest I'm one of those weirdos that really doesn't listen to much music. But John Mayer is dreamy....:heart:

Also, Journey tells me to don't stop believing, and that's just what I do.:csad: :huh:

And for the record, Souljaboy was a joke.

John Mayer has one or two decent songs, and he's a pretty good guitarist. It's just a shame that 99% of his songs are pretty obviously geared towards getting him laid and/or bragging about how much he's gotten laid.

John Mayer has one or two decent songs, and he's a pretty good guitarist. It's just a shame that 99% of his songs are pretty obviously geared towards getting him laid and/or bragging about how much he's gotten laid.

I'm sorry, if I ****ed Jennifer Love Hewitt, I'd brag about it in song form too.

I'm sorry, if I ****ed Jennifer Love Hewitt, I'd brag about it in song form too.
All right, one or two's a given for any guy who gets tail of Mayer's quality. But he's built his whole career on those types of songs. Try a new subject or two, you lecherous dick. :o

All right, one or two's a given for any guy who gets tail of Mayer's quality. But he's built his whole career on those types of songs. Try a new subject or two, you lecherous dick. :o

I'm pretty sure that "Waiting on the World to Change" is about 9/11 or something.

That Your Body is a Wonderland song is about her. I'm inclined to agree with his assessment.

Well, that just means that JLH is one of those stupid girls who falls for a guy, a guitar and crappy song. Meh, I say to her. :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"