• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

...Well that didn't take long.

No, Namor found him being worshipped by some sort of tribe and freed him.

Not exactly. Namor was on a rampage and came across this tribe of Eskimos that was worshipping a human figure frozen in a big chunk of ice. Showing how well he makes friends and influences people, :yay: , Namor grabs the chunk of ice and heaves it into the ocean. It gradually drifts southward into warmer water and starts to melt. Lo and behold, the Avengers are tooling around in a sub (looking for Namor, I think) and find the comatose Cap before he drowns. Avengers history is made!

And, yes, I think it will be an Invaders story too. One that is set in World War II.

the story si taking place in present day marvelcontinuity, not in the past.

Didn't take long indeed....I'm sure it'll be just in time for his movie.

i hope it is invaders...i would love to see a alex ross drawn union jack!!!

If only Cap were coming back...

Cap #25 was a heck of a send-off. Of course he won't stay dead for the movie :rolleyes:

You know what, I'm getting kinda tired of Alex Ross. He seems like a condescending prick, and his character designs are really played out to me, he returns to Marvel and all he got to offer is another damn rehash, dancing to the oldies, I wish SuperFriends was still cool, 1940s repeat.

I'm really tired of the guy.

You know what, I'm getting kinda tired of Alex Ross. He seems like a condescending prick, and his character designs are really played out to me, he returns to Marvel and all he got to offer is another damn rehash, dancing to the oldies, I wish SuperFriends was still cool, 1940s repeat.

I'm really tired of the guy.
How does he seem like a prick?

I remember he came off very pompous when his designs were rejected for the Spider-Man movie a few years ago. He made it seem like it was impossible that his designs just bloody sucked (which they did, as far as I'm concerned).

How does he seem like a prick?

The spider-man movie thing Corp spoke of, every interview I've read or scene. His whole "The golden age is so much better because Superman beat up racist commie stereotypes."

I just get a bad vibe from him.

Part of me isn't surprised if it IS the "real thing". After all, DC kept Superman dead for about a year (give or take) back in the 90's, and naturally Cap's Death has been compared to that other iconic thing.

Plus, NO ONE believes Cap is dead. It doesn't matter whether Logan says it, or the Watcher, or an army of Celestials, because everyone outside of comics is counting the days until Cap returns. It's the nature of the biz. The only way anyone would truly believe that Cap is dead will be if it is 2012, CAPTAIN AMERICA and THE AVENGERS movies have been made or being made with the Steven Rogers incarnation and Winter Soldier (or Sam Wilson or someone else, hopefully not Frank Castle) has been cemented as Cap for at least 3 years in Real Time, then and only then might some fans start to go, "maybe Steve is really gone". And even then, hey, Osborn came back after some 20 years. Bucky after 40. And so on.

Of course, this disbelief about Cap's death, no matter how many times Brubaker has his body autopsied, works to Marvel's advantage for promotions. Plus, it is no secret that Cap's death has been a burst of sales for him. The sales of his ongoing have doubled or tripled since. The FALLEN SON mini-series about perpetual angst also sold incredibly well, stemming the gap between CW and WWH. Death has skyrocketed Cap above and beyond where he used to be in sales, so it's no secret why Marvel would be evoking it for a Ross series.

Genuinely speaking, even though I haven't read Bru's Cap yet, I don't believe this is a genuine resurrection (or a time-displaced one, as was with the horrible misfire that was Mar-Vell). But business wise, it doesn't go against character for Marvel to use distortions and outright lies to sell something. That is usually the heart of marketting. They know fans are counting the days until a resurrection, and they will milk that for all the fans are worth.

Dread your not reading Captain America even still?

Damn guy you are seriously missing out on some of the best comics you'll ever read from the big two.

Dread your not reading Captain America even still?

Damn guy you are seriously missing out on some of the best comics you'll ever read from the big two.

I plan on getting the Omnibus in the Fall/Winter that has issues 1-25 of Bru's run plus some of the one-shots, which is easier and probably cheaper than chasing trades.

When I mention more things usually turn into an arguement, so I'll keep it simple.

I'd never get on ya to bad about stuff like that.

I actually respect ya imagine that.

well,i guess its a good thing,keeping him away to long made the avengers look incomplete.

well,i guess its a good thing,keeping him away to long made the avengers look incomplete.
I doubt the Avengers will ever be "complete" in the traditional sense again. New/Mighty Avengers sells too well for them to return to the traditional, Cap/Iron Man/Thor-centered Avengers anytime soon.

But at least now there's Avengers Classic. :)

I've actually read a couple Marvel Adventures Avengers, and crazy as it sounds its kinda good.

Meh, not interested in out of continuity Avengers. I kind of wish they'd release Avengers Classic faster. There's literally no way it could be delayed if they released it bi-weekly instead of monthly. I can't imagine it takes all that long to make a three- or four-page backup story, and the rest is all recycled content from the original Avengers series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"