• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

...Well that didn't take long.

I actually agree with Ross about the Human Torch. No need for him to die; he should still be alive in the present. Imagine how much better Cap's mission in London would've been if Hammond were there alongside Spitfire and Union Jack.

As for the Avengers/Invaders event itself, I don't really see anything wrong with it. I very much doubt he'll have the 1940s Cap stay in the present, so it's not really going to take away from Brubaker's story. I think it actually builds on the tragedy of Brubaker's story, in fact--imagine how gut-wrenching it would be to lose someone, only to have them come back and know you're going to have to lose them yet again. Not to mention the potential for coolness that "the meeting of the Buckys" brings. I would've preferred to see the Avengers head back to WWII, but it's less messy with the Invaders coming to the present instead.

All that said, I'm still unsure whether I'll actually read this. The concept doesn't gall me as much as it does others, but it's still Ross and Krueger, whose work together I'm not a huge fan of. I have a feeling I'll still wind up reading it just to see how the characters interact and what the Invaders think of the modern world.

Alex Ross said:
You're going to have the New Avengers and the Mighty Avengers wanting to know if that’s really Cap. Everybody’s going to want to either liberate or control him.

This sounds worse everytime Ross opens his mouth.

Captain America may well be coming back, but Quesada said there was no plan of Steve Rogers coming back for atleast 2 years.

As for the Avengers/Invaders event itself, I don't really see anything wrong with it. I very much doubt he'll have the 1940s Cap stay in the present, so it's not really going to take away from Brubaker's story. I think it actually builds on the tragedy of Brubaker's story, in fact--imagine how gut-wrenching it would be to lose someone, only to have them come back and know you're going to have to lose them yet again. Not to mention the potential for coolness that "the meeting of the Buckys" brings. I would've preferred to see the Avengers head back to WWII, but it's less messy with the Invaders coming to the present instead.

Not sure I agree with this. Cap just died, I mean seriously.

And also, Ross doesn't even know if the Buckys will meet. He hasn't even started on the first issue.

I see we're all still trendily hating Ross. Awesome.

That said, I probably won't buy the book. The story isn't strong enough to interest me, and it's a waste of the man's talent.

To be honest though, I'd buy this in a second if he was doing the art. I've begged him to do something different for years and the modern Marvel Universe is right there.

Not sure I agree with this. Cap just died, I mean seriously.

And also, Ross doesn't even know if the Buckys will meet. He hasn't even started on the first issue.
It doesn't feel all that recent that Cap died to me. Granted, I don't really feel much of a sense of drama about his death in the first place, since I know he'll be back sooner or later.

As for the Buckys' meeting each other, I'm pretty sure it'll make it in there. Ross expressed interest when the CBR dude asked him about it, and Ross is co-writing the thing.

That said, I probably won't buy the book. The story isn't strong enough to interest me, and it's a waste of the man's talent.

There's nothing trendy about it. I'm sick to death of Ross' art and his approach to writing. It's personal preference.

There's a distinction with my hate. I just want to see him do something different, expand his horizons. He seems to be reverting further and further into the past now. Silver Age to Golden Age now.

The man is a talented artist, no doubt. His JLA poster hangs on my wall. But his writing talent is questionable to say the least.

It is a good indication that if he's got interest in having the Buckys meet, the Buckys will likely meet in the comic, though. :oldrazz:

What's the point if anything sucks? There's still the off chance it might be decent. Not great, but decent.

Yes, but what's the point if it sucks?:csad:

Pretty much how I felt about the entire Civil War. I can see your point about his writing, though. He is a far beter artist than a writer.

I DO see why he would love the silver and golden ages so well, however. I would give anything to have some lighthearted superhero adventures where they beat villans and not each other.

There are plenty of comics that still feature hero vs. villain fun.

I don't get why Doc brought up Civil War. :huh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"