The Comics Were you a fan of Iron Man before the Iron Man movie came out??

S.A.A.D.

Superhero
Reaction score
It's an easy question to answer I think. Before I saw it,I was already a fan of Iron Man going back to the 1990s.

What about you guys and gals?? If this thread shouldn't be in this forum,then I apologize because I am honestly not sure at all where it should be. If it has to be relocated then so be it.

:yay:

Well, sure. I've been a fan for many years. I was REALLY big on Iron Man in the middle and late nineties, but then they did this HORRIBLE storyline called The Crossing, that basically painted Iron Man as a mind-controlled, murderous traitor, and replaced him with a younger version from an alternate time line or some such drivel.

Needless to say, i dropped the book like a hot potato. That storyline was thankfully retconned shortly thereafter, but while i followed Tony's adventures with the Avengers, i really didnt get back into his solo book until the recent World War Hulk storyline.

It's nice to be back at Stark Industies. :yay:

I use it read the comic's and watch the TV then I stopped, But when i heard about a movie being made I read some of the comic's again.

Yes, I was; I had collected IM comics on-and-off since the late 80s, and IM has always been one of my favorite Marvel superheroes. Seeing him on the big screen is an incredible feeling, because back then you never thought that Hollywood would make a movie based on the superheroes you like. It's also thrilling to see many new fans of IM after they see the movie and wanted to know more about Stark and IM.

Iron Man Was One Of The First Marvel Super-heroes I Read About in the 1960's So I Think I Can Say,yes I Was A Longtime Fan:im::stark:

I never really read the comics much, but I remember watching the cartoon all the time and being pretty obsessed...But now that ive seen the movie my obsessions come back full circle.

No I knew nothing about the character. I absolutely loved the movie though, it was genuinely fun. Something we haven't been able to say about movies for a few years.

I was a huge Iron Man fan. I loved him and Batman for the same reasons. They both were men who had no powers but relied on their intellects to solve dilemmas. These characters seemed to be attainable. Both seemed as if one worked hard enough they could be... Iron Man.

Spiderman? I'm a little nervous around spiders and besides that, isn't radioactivity a bad thing?

The Hulk? Gamma Rays? See comment above about exposure to radiation.

Daredevil? So, I'd have to go blind in order to be him. Riiiiiiiight. And again with the radioactive materials?

Iron Man? Supersmart guy builds a highly advance suit of amour with artificial intelligence? Trust me, that's really attractive to a young nerd with a high GPA.

I've been a die hard Iron Man fan for over 26 years, started reading the comic when I was 9 and I've never stopped.

As much as I hate to admit it, no. I was a Spiderman fan before that came out and a Superman fan before Smallville aired and so on, so usually I'm that fan who knows what to look for and what to appreciate. But I never read or watched Iron Man when I was little and that said, the movie blew me away! Now I'm grabbing up every Iron Man comic I can! So far I've read Extremis, Execute, the Director of S.H.E.I.L.D. line 'till recently, and the firsts for Invincible Iron Man (the new one) and Viva Las Vegas. He's so awesome!!! I've been reading so much Superman/Supergirl for so long that I forgot how much fun a smartass hero could be.

Check out the trade's of Iron Man: Hero's reborn and Armor wars, two very good stories.

Check out the trade's of Iron Man: Hero's reborn and Armor wars, two very good stories.

Thanks, I definately will. I'm actually headed back to the comic book shop tomorrow so I'll remember those.

As much as I hate to admit it, no. I was a Spiderman fan before that came out and a Superman fan before Smallville aired and so on, so usually I'm that fan who knows what to look for and what to appreciate. But I never read or watched Iron Man when I was little and that said, the movie blew me away! Now I'm grabbing up every Iron Man comic I can! So far I've read Extremis, Execute, the Director of S.H.E.I.L.D. line 'till recently, and the firsts for Invincible Iron Man (the new one) and Viva Las Vegas. He's so awesome!!! I've been reading so much Superman/Supergirl for so long that I forgot how much fun a smartass hero could be.

Nice to see that the movie made new fans out of Stark/Iron Man. I'm an old IM fan who haven't collect him comics for awhile, but recently I've been thinking about digging up my old issues and even buy new TPB of IM. That's why this movie is so great; it makes people excited to know more about this Marvel superhero.

Nice to see that the movie made new fans out of Stark/Iron Man. I'm an old IM fan who haven't collect him comics for awhile, but recently I've been thinking about digging up my old issues and even buy new TPB of IM. That's why this movie is so great; it makes people excited to know more about this Marvel superhero.

That's why I always love comic book movies. I feel less of geek when other people get into the stuff I like, lol. And yes, this movie has definately made a fn out of me. I'm so happy it was really close to the comic interpretation so the comics aren't so far off for me.

Even though I used to watch the cartoon when I was a kid...Id still consider myself a newbie fan...I dont know how faithful the cartoon was to the comics and even then I barely remember the cartoon either...But yes I do plan on picking up some Iron Man comics in the very near future. Here's to a successful and exciting franchise, its gonna be fun to see what happens next!

Just a tiny bit. I watched the cartoon when I was a kid, but I didn't collect any of the comics. Now I'm really a fan of Iron Man, well, of the movie version at least. He's too much of a dick for me in the current comics now.

He's too much of a dick for me in the current comics now.

I like him that way. I've been reading so much Superman for a while that it's refreshing to read a character who is the complete opposite of goody-too-shoes.

Yes i watched the 1960 cartoons, read fan fictions and even read the Heros Reborn version(which is what got me started on the love for Iron man). My favorite version is the Heroes Reborn Iron Man, the movie and the Ultimate Iron Man

Iron Man was the first comic I ever bought. Started in the early 80's collected every back issue I could get my hands on.Some of the story arcs I might not have liked but I was always there month after month.Plain and simple just a great character!

I was a casual fan of shell head. I had seen the old 70's cartoon on reruns as a child. I used to read his comic briefly during the early 90's. I believe I was more drawn to War Machine than Iron Man himself. The last Iron Man I bought had him fighting Ultron I believe. Tony was actually paralyzed and he had been controlling the suit via remote control from his mansion. Last I remembered, Ultron tore the suit in half and the psychic feedback caused Tony to go into shock.

After that I sort of lost interest in the character. Since then, they never did anything with the character that I was too fond of. I didn't like him becoming Secretary of Defense, Director of Shield and I certainly don't approve of him and the Initiative. I think that one of the most disappointing things is how far they allowed Tony's character to stray from what made him so fun to read. He used to be a flawed man trying to do noble things. Now he is just an ******* trying to do noble things. Without that charm, one can tend to be less forgiving of his ways. Oh well...

No, I have always had a dislike for the character. I always thought he was an arrogant snob who was just there to balance Captain America's boy scout charm. I didn't mind him, but I wouldn't read his solo book until...Civil War. I hate him now. I did like his cartoon thought and Rhodes is one of the cooler MU characters, I always wanted to see him team up with Isaiah Bradley, the Black Captain America.

I knew of Iron Man since I was a toddler. My brother collected comics of the 90's and Iron Man was amongst them and the image of Iron Man and the Avengers,Spider-Man, The X-Men and so forth always stuck in my head and I watched the cartoon aswell but the cartoon wasn't that engaging. No where near the quality of the X-Men cartoon. Fast forward a few years later and Iron Man becomes the character to rekindle my love for comic books. From 2003-2005 I read and collected every major Marvel book and was distracted by school and work and bad relationships and the typical stuff that keeps a nerd from his comics and here I am a few years later knee deep in all the recent Marvel stuff, catching up and reading all the character defining works of characters like Iron Man so without ol' Shellhead I'd be elsewhere doing something nowhere near as fun as reading my beloved comics.

I don't read the comic but I like his design. Then I'm really hyped for the movie since it looks cool and buy one Iron Man trade, and become a fan!

Iron Man has always been one of my favourite comic book characters, and I loved the movie. It was great to see a character who I have loved for years get the amazing film he deserved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"