What 2001 movie did Bruce Wayne see before his parents were killed?

Kane52630

T-800 User
Reaction score
Inspired by this tweet, what movie in 2001 did Bruce Wayne see before his parents were killed?

Because of Family... it's gotta be The Fast and the Furious.

f5189bc4dccd331bc59ac8ff7b0ed8fed4cdc267.gifv

Inspired by this tweet, what movie in 2001 did Bruce Wayne see before his parents were killed?

Because of Family... it's gotta be The Fast and the Furious.

f5189bc4dccd331bc59ac8ff7b0ed8fed4cdc267.gifv

Given the Zero Year influences on this film, I would like to think it was a classic film, maybe even the Tyrone Power Mark of Zorro, something that Thomas loved growing up and wanted to share with Bruce before things changed... It would make sense given that...
Thomas was planning to turn himself and Falcone in given what happened with Elliott. He was probably sad and ashamed that Bruce would never look up to him the same way again, so he selfishly wanted one last beautiful family night with his wife and son before his life changed.
The classic film angle would explain why the Waynes were at an old theatre in a rough part of town like Crime Alley. The theatres in my city that run lots of old classics are all kinda rough and run down and in less affluent locations. The nice parts of town all have fancy multiplexes.

he was dressed as a Ninja for Halloween as a kid... so, he was probably into Ninja/karate type movies, maybe something like, the Warrior, or the One {with Jet Li}

tho, A Knight's Tale, would be ironic (and maybe inspired some of his armor)

A special screening of "The Mask of Zorro". Thomas wanted to watch the 1940 version of "Mark of Zorro", but both Martha and Bruce weren't fans of old films, so Thomas arranged for the theater to have a screening of the more recent 1998 Zorro instead.

Pootie Tang.

That's why Bruce feels intense guilt over his parent's death: he convinced them to sneak him into a showing of Pootie Tang when he was underaged. If Bruce hadn't wanted to see Pootie Tang so badly, his parents would still be alive.

Well Falcone calls him Zorro,
So Zorro is an acknowledged known (movie / literary) character in universe.
So the theater(if that's the case) they were coming form, still likley could have been a Zorro movie revival.

There are groups and theaters which do "silent" theater revivals with live orchestras - The Mark of Zorro — Not So Silent Cinema
And not surprisingly the movie still holds up, almost everything we see today in modern superhero films, was already established there. So yeah even a kid today could be inspired.

Besides just being a throw away easteregg, while it's not at all necessary to the plot or character, if you want you can read even further into it.
Implication being if Falcone is the one who set up Bruce's parents to be killed, he would have known where they and young Bruce were, and the last thing they saw, that night of their murder.
Falcone's implied reference, could have even been letting Batman know, he knows.:cwink:

69038j.gif

74i0xy.gif

Last edited:
Well Falcone calls him Zorro,
So Zorro is an acknowledged known (movie / literary) character in universe.
So the theater(if that's the case) they were coming form, still likley could have been a Zorro movie revival.

There are groups and theaters which do "silent" theater revivals with live orchestras - The Mark of Zorro — Not So Silent Cinema
And not surprisingly the movie still holds up, almost everything we see today in modern superhero films, was already established there. So yeah even a kid today could be inspired.

Besides just being a throw away easteregg, while it's not at all necessary to the plot or character, if you want you can read even further into it.
Implication being if Falcone is the one who set up Bruce's parents to be killed, he would have known where they and young Bruce were the night of their murder.
Falcone's implied reference, could have even been letting Batman know, he knows.:cwink:

69038j.gif

yea, also the part where batman
is leading falcone out of the iceberg lounge to be arrested and he says "you think you can scare me with that mask and that cape?" made me think maybe falcone has a hunch that batman is bruce.
and at the end right before he dies, he stares right into batman's eyes and probably realizes he IS bruce.

i too had similar thoughts when he referred to him as "zorro"

Young Bruce: "It's a cool place, and they say it gets colder-"

latest

I mean, it’s kind of obvious. Isn’t it?

032708-E3-C232-4923-86-F1-EDC843-B5-C9-F3.gif

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members