Captain Stacy

Vaportrail

Oh, shock!
Reaction score
The thread contained here which talked about a lot of death in SM3 made me decide to post this theory of mine.
Wikipedia states that James Cromwell will be Captain Stacy, Gwen's father, in SM3. There was a series of comics regarding him, and the guilt Peter felt for when Stacy was killed in action beneath a fight between Doc Ock and Spider-man.
Stacy was killed by a number of bricks which fell off a rooftop after being struck by one of Ock's tentacles. My theory, after seeing the teaser and the shot of Spider-man falling amongst a large slab of brick, is that this is going to happen in SM3. Perhaps it'll affect or even end the love-triangle if Gwen takes it upon herself to blame Spider-man. I don't remember if she does or not, but I do know that is one of Peter's fears in the comics.

Let me know what you think.
-Vaportrail

I think Captain Stacy will be killed when black spidey is fighting Sandman right before they go underground in the subway to fight.

oooookk. maybe.

sag002 said:
I thought Capt. Stacy was being played by Alfre Woodard. confirmation anyone?

Nope, James Cromwell, theres even pics.

spiderman3set11.jpg

Even though both died in the comics, one of them might die. It could be Gwen it could be Capt. Stacy. But i say Gwen.

Gwen will probably only be there to give 'Dark Peter' something to hit on and in turn piss off Brock. Her father will probably be the one to tell Pete that Sandman was also present but escaped when his uncle was shot.

Ie: Plot devices who's deaths would effect no one in any way, shape, or form.

Stacy is at Harry's funeral... I just can't understand why they wouldn't kill him off... what a waste of the STacy's... they will get Gwen wrong too...

I don't know, they have to kill Gwen at some point. It's what made her character memorable. Killing Captain Stacy would just take screen time away from character development of Sandman and his wife, Gwen, Brock, Harry's descent, MJ, Aunt May.

I don't think George or Gwen will die....yet. (well, we KNOW FOR A FACT that Gwen won't...it said so when she was cast)

They used the famed Gwen Stacy death scenario in SM1 with Mary Jane. I was proud of them at the time for that, but now that they've decided to bring in Gwen seemingly as an afterthought, that kind of ruins the whole thing.

If she doesn't die on that bridge, it would be annoying, but she can't die on that bridge because Spidey already knows how to properly save someone. IIRC, in the comics he tries to save her with his webbing, but she's dead when he pulls her up. Then when the clone finds herself in the same situation (w/ GG3 or 4, I think) Spider-man (in some awesome Scarlet Spider artwork) swoops down and saves her.

Heh I wish I knew what issue that was, I loved it to death when I had it.
Regardless, movie Spidey saved MJ with the jump and swoop. He knows better and it wouldn't work in terms of logic.

As for Capt. Stacy, the bricks falling in the teaser seem like the perfect setup for his death, but I don't know if it will be or not. Hopefully Raimi will stay true to that story, for the short series I read on it was amazing.

-Vaportrail

If Captain Stacy does die, Marko should be the one to kill him. Sandman will probably be shown in a flashback as the Uncle Ben's REAL killer so he'll have one reason for hating him. Then have him kill Cpt. Stacy and have him let the symbiote take over so Spidey just goes nuts on Sandy.

Captain Stacey can be killed during:

A) fight between black spidey and sandman

B) final fight

C) can be killed by Sandman

there's too much going on in the movie already. there is NO WAY either stacy will die in it. that will be left to storylines in future movies.

and enough with this dumb theorizing. this is supposed to be a SPOILERS forum.

capt stacey will die and gwen will become the anti-mj

where mj loves spidey but was not interested in peter

gwen will love pete but hate spidey for her father's death

In the teaser, you see Sandman in sandform sweep right through some police men. Could this be where Captain dies?

Nah, that seems to easy.

"there's too much going on in the movie already. there is NO WAY either stacy will die in it. "

Well, people were saying there was going to be way too much happening in Revenge of the Sith as well, but they managed to pull it all off.
A good storyteller can have a lot happen and allow it to flow nicely. Perhaps, sticking with this analogy, Sandman will be somewhat like Grievous.. just a distraction to allow something else to take place within the plot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"