• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

What are some good movies with actors usually known as good guys playing bad guys?

Most people know Arnold as the Terminator. The fact is Dolph has spent 99% of his career as the good guy.

Arnolds movies are successful, big budget blockbusters that have created a public persona of good guy, and most prefer the good Terminator to the bad I think.

Dolph's career has been spent mostly on the video store shelves except Rocky V and Universal Soldier.

I would say Dolph is more known as a bad guy than a good guy. Its the difference of reality vs perception.

I'm glad Once Upon a Time in the West was mentioned. That's the standard bearer.

Another of the all time greats, Angela Lansbury in The Manchurian Candidate.

Jimmy Stewart in Hitchcock's "Rope". While not the villain of the tale, our beloved George Bailey is turned into a professor who champions murder and most forms of violence in order to thin out the herd of the population. So I'll count it, because he is frighteningly believable.

But if they're aware of the character they know he's been a bad guy twice out of 4 times.

Ha yea, if you want to count Terminator Salvation. I wasn't disagreeing with you per say, just making a point:word:

Gregory Peck in the Boys from Brazil

Atticus Finch as Dr. ****ing Mengele

Jeff Bridges as Obadiah Stane/Iron Monger in Iron Man.

Gary Oldman playing a GOOD GUY in the Batman movies after playing so many awesome bad-guys!

Jeff Bridges as Obadiah Stane/Iron Monger in Iron Man.
He played a great villain before in The Vanishing, but you're right he mostly played good guys before IM.

Mathieu Amalric in Quantum of Solace.

James Cromwell was best known for BABE before L.A. CONFIDENTIAL.

Nicholas Cage in Face-Off (though to be fair, he also played the hero for half the movie too)

Keanu Reeves - The Gift and The Watcher (the latter was a mediocre movie, but Keanu was good)

Tom Berenger - Platoon (which also features Willem Defoe as a good guy, for a change)

Kurt Russell - Death Proof (he was the only good thing about that movie, IMO)

Brad Pitt - Kalifornia

Yeah Dafoe in Platoon played a nice guy for a change. I watched some of major League and Berenger was actually the nice guy. He looks like he could eat you.

Yeah Dafoe in Platoon played a nice guy for a change. I watched some of major League and Berenger was actually the nice guy. He looks like he could eat you.

yeah he does ha, especially in Platoon

Yeah, Berenger tends to play a hardass, but he's usually a "good" hardass, like in Sniper or Shoot to Kill. Platoon was an exception though... so was Sliver, but that movie sucked.

_ In chronological order : John Barrymore, Fredric March and Spencer Tracy as Dr Jeckyll, but mostly as the villainous Mr Hyde in, you guessed it, "Dr Jeckyll and Mr Hyde".

_ Richard Widmark in "Kiss of Death."

_ Louis Jourdan, one of the quintessential french lover, in "Octopussy".

_ Adolphe Menjou, another suave french actor, in Kubrick's "Paths of Glory."

_ Orson Welles in "The 3rd Man." And later in "Touch of Evil."

_ Jet Li in "Lethal Weapon 4".

Can't believe I forgot this one...

Kevin Bacon - Sean Nokes in Sleepers.
I don't think I ever enjoyed seeing a villain get shot up as much as I did with this character lol

Havent seen this movie yet. But It reminded me of Kevin Bacon in Hallow Man.

Danny De Vito in Batman Returns.

Christopher Loyd in Roger Rabbit.

Angelina Jolie in Beowulf.

Also, before Collateral, Cruise played Lestat, not really a good guy, in "Interview with a vampire."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"