Saddest Movie Moments

Jack Bauer

The Bizarro Jack Bauer
Reaction score
Again pretty simple topic, like the best twist ending.

The Island -
Michael Clark Duncan's death scene. He made believable that he was going to The Island.

The Green Mile -
Delacroix and Coffey death scenes obviously.

Batman Returns - Without a doubt one of the saddest film moments in movie history is the Death of The Penguin.

Anybody else got their saddest movie moment(s)?

When chaos occurs on the Titantic in...*drum roll*...Titantic. I cried in the theater...course I was like 9 or 10.

The one scene that gets me is in Terms Of Endearment, when Debra Winger's kids go visit her on her deathbed, and the oldest son becomes all snotty and goes "You don't look that sick" and becomes all rude toward her, when all of a sudden the youngest son pipes in with "Shut up, just shut up!". Heartbreaking.

The Penguin's death in BR is incredibly emotional, too.

enterthemadness said:
When chaos occurs on the Titantic in...*drum roll*...Titantic. I cried in the theater...course I was like 9 or 10.
Titantic? lol

The ending of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. It gets me every time. I'm sure the next two films are gonna have even sadder endings.

I still gotta go with Spock biting it in STII.

One moment that always hits me hard is in Crash,
when the Hispanic guy thinks his daughter has been shot and he grabs her and just screams, though the sound is muted except for the music. Gets me every time, even though I already know the daughter wasn't really shot!

Yeah.

The Empire State Building Sequence in Peter Jackson's King Kong.

Allie losing her memory again after just regaining them in The Notebook.

March of the Penguins :csad::csad::csad:

Lion King after the stampede

the flashback scenes in The Crow, when eric remembers his life with shelly. it's amazing how alex proyas was able to depict their love with such quick, concise scenes. it's very moving.
also, the scene in It's a Wonderful Life when the girl whispers to george that she'll love him till the day she dies, and he doesn't hear it because she whispered it into his bad ear, so she thinks he just ignored her. that scene gets me.
and when frankenstein gets sucked into limbo at the end of Monster Squad

Million Dollar Baby. Great film, but god what a sad and depressing ending.

And Braveheart. FFFFRRRRREEEEEEDDDDDDDOOOOOOMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!

An american werewolf in london when the cops kill david in picadilly circus and the girl that he was involved with sees him in his human form naked with bleeding bullet wounds and it ends with her sobbing then the credits roll. classic...........one of my all time favorite sad endings.

Lady Deathstrike getting pumped full of liquid Adamantium :csad: in X-2 ,damn a new worse way to die. Damn you Col. Stryker!! Kelly Hu is so smokin too.

Even Logan had to turn his head, and he's seen everything.

1. Starman- A lot of scenes in Starman really move me emotionally. One scene is when he brings the deer back to life, another is when he is carrying Jenny from the burning car, and the very end when the aliens return to pick him up. Very emotional scenes.

2. Edward Scissorhands- The scene where Kim allows him to hold her and the very end as she leaves him in the castle alone. :csad:

3. Ghost- The end makes me cry like a baby still. The fact that Swayze wasn't nominated and didn't win an Academy Award for this film is a sin in itself. Yes, the film is a sappy love story but the end really pulls at your emotion strings.

4. Passion of the Christ- Watching Jesus being beaten unmercifully was really hard for me to sit through.

5. Braveheart- As William Wallace is being tortured he is allowed to speak one final word and he yells out "FREEEEEEDOOOOOMMMM!" Great scene that is both inspirational and sad at the same time.

6. Terminator 2- "I know now why you cry. But it's something I can never do." :csad:

7. X2: X-Men United- The X-Men helplessly watch Jean die as she's saving them from the water. The acting between James and Hugh afterwards still tugs at my heart and soul. Nightcrawler saying the prayer as well really gave it an impactful emotional moment.

When the helmet goes over Anakin's head in Star Wars Episode 3 and we realize he will never smell the flowers of Naboo or his sons fresh hair again. "Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!" Indeed.

Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan: Spock's death. From the moment you hear Bones "Jim...you...better get down here. Better hurry." Tears me up every time.

LOTR: FOTR: Boramir's Death
LOTR: ROTK: At the very end, when Aragorn is crowned King. And he tells the Hobbit's that they kneel to no man...and the entire crowd kneels to them instead.

i'm 26....the last time i cried in a movie was in the absolute saddest movie moment of all time.

The death of Optimus Prime

i think this conversation is over now. :woot:

enterthemadness said:

LOL

Tony's death at the end of West Side Story complete with Maria's speech.

Death of Reese in the first Terminator.

The aforementioned Spock death in Wrath of Khan.

John Travolta discovering that he failed to save Nancy Allen in Blow Out after he killed John Lithgow.

Death of Boromir in Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring.

Robocop's "I can feel them, but I can't remember them..."

the last samurai at the end of the battle scene is the only film that has made me whimper and cry like a baby, was physically moved. enough to watch the whole credits

enterthemadness said:
Didn't you already know what happened to the ship?

The saddest for me was probably the scene in "Schindler's List" where you see the little girl in the red dress on top of the pile of dead, burning bodies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"