The Wolverine What characters do you want to return/appear in Wolverine 2

Great Lakes Avengers! I'd love to see someone with a power as awful as Doorman in a movie. Or Strong Guy. He's always been one of my favorite members of X-Factor. I don't think he gets enough recognition.

I would like for the only character to be returning to be Wolverine.

Wouldnt mind Gambit making another appearence, hopefully with a bit more screentime this time, and I wouldnt mind a cameo by Creed and Stryker either.

My cameo idea is this, could be an after credits scene, Creed is lying on a table in a lab, , Stryker says he has developed a mutant enhancer syrum, and this is the only way he cant get him close to Wolverine as Creed wouldnt survive the adamantium bonding process, Stryker injects it into him, and on the table we see Creed morph more into the Sabretooth from X1, Stryker asks him how he feels, Creed roars, hits Stryker, obviously not killing him, and jumps through the wall into the wilderness.

Would then tie it into X1 brilliantly.

I could actually see something like this happening

Like many said, Silver Samurai and Mariko are probably sure things in this movie. Deathstrike's father could be a nice tie-in to X2. It feels like I remember him being involved in Weapon X or something. I'm not that well versed in all of Wolverine's origin. (pun intended)

Sunfire was also a good suggestion and his powers would be pretty cool onscreen. Wouldn't mind seeing Wolverine get crispy a bit then heal from it.

I wouldn't mind seeing some Hellfire Club hints and some Triad/Yakuza dealings in Japan. Could have Shinobi or Sebastian Shaw around.

Will Yun Lee would make a great Silver Samurai!

I could actually see something like this happening

Yeah, I just think it would be a great way to show how Creed ended up like he did in X1 without spending too much of the movie on it, in fact it would only be a scene a few minutes long and would tie things up nicely, maybe if FC is a success they could go into it more in FC 2 or 3.

That still doesn't explain why he didn't reconize Wolverine, i think you could easily just go with out the whole "lobotomy" like thing and just say that as he grew older he got more and more intouch with his animal side and eventually just losing most human qualties about him. What they need to do is somehow tie in the fact that he gets his memory swiped to or something

Or by that point he simply didnt care about Logan anymore, though maybe him swiping the tags was some kind of clue that he remembered Logan

I'm sorry, that just how I feel.

Best Wolverine sequel = no Wolverine sequel.
If there was a way to dis-existify XO: WOLVERINE... I'd be down for that too.

:|

Or by that point he simply didnt care about Logan anymore, though maybe him swiping the tags was some kind of clue that he remembered Logan

Cuse the movie was rushed(They started filming in september of 99 and the movie was coming out in july) I think Singer didn't have time to focus on that since this was an origin movie of the x-men , the whole sabretooth-wolverine dynamic is something that requires alot of attention so instead of doing a half ass job he just decided to ignore it for now but make small hints to there realtionship. Because i think Sabreooth reconized Wolverine somewhat not just the dog tag scene ...

But remember when the x-men are in help up in the statue of liberty and are bound to it from magneto and Sabretooth is staring Wolverine down like he is trying to remember who he was.

IDK just an assumption/opinon, i get the feeling that Singer wanted to dwelve into the whole sabretooth/wolverine relationship in another movie.

I was thinking strictly from the story point of view as to reasons, i havent seen the movie in long enough i dont remember him staring Logan own, have to watch it again

I'm sorry, that just how I feel.

Best Wolverine sequel = no Wolverine sequel.
If there was a way to dis-existify XO: WOLVERINE... I'd be down for that too.

:|

"so instead i'll go into the Wolverine 2 thread and rain on everyone's parade"

If you're not interested, then why even bother bashing it??
go hang out in the X-men 1 forum

If were doing the Japan story I only want characters relevant to the Yashida Clan.Meaning Yukio,Mariko,Silver Samurai,Sunfire and Shingen.No one else is needed.

If were doing the Japan story I only want characters relevant to the Yashida Clan.Meaning Yukio,Mariko,Silver Samurai,Sunfire and Shingen.No one else is needed.

Agree, enough with the "Lets put in as many mutants as possible".

Keep it simple, no need to include other mutants who have not point in being in the film

"so instead i'll go into the Wolverine 2 thread and rain on everyone's parade"

If you're not interested, then why even bother bashing it??
go hang out in the X-men 1 forum

lol, to be fair, I haven't really 'bashed' anything yet.
Just saying that I wouldn't want another Wolverine sequel, considering how the first one went.
If they make it, will I watch it? Of course!

Also, I don't get the common POV on this forum where there's a consensus that if you're not FOR the topic in the thread, you shouldn't post.
Why not?
Maybe the other posts will make me realize there might be ways to improve upon the film, maybe finding out about movie news will pique my interest... but regardless I don't have to be in love with the subject of the thread to be able to state my opinion, in a non-offensive/non-confrontational way.

^No one said you can't state your opinion.
State it.

just something beyond "no sequel! last movie was teh suck!" would be appreciated.

^ The last movie was pur suckage. Better? lol.

Well I just thought the last one suffered from the downfall of the typical big budget studio movie, where it was just treated as a cash cow, made more to get people INTO theaters than for any sort of long lasting storytelling purpose.

I won't nit pick, I'm not even a stickler for treating the source material like holy scripture if it's been adapted well... but just the over all cramming of cameos of Marvel characters without purpose, the character developement felt rushed and more inserted into scenes than allowed to properly impact the audience and so on...
It was an overall wreck in my opinion. I could've lived with less actions scenes and fewer characters for a movie done well.

I wonder how it would've gone if we saw a Wolverine Origin movie that followed the first Origins TPB, with very few 'super powered' characters, that was paced slower and more ominiously, suspensefully, more thematic than action based... ?
The more I think about it the more I can see that Origins book being a full ledged movie on it's own, with little adaptation of course.

lol, to be fair, I haven't really 'bashed' anything yet.
Just saying that I wouldn't want another Wolverine sequel, considering how the first one went.
If they make it, will I watch it? Of course!

Also, I don't get the common POV on this forum where there's a consensus that if you're not FOR the topic in the thread, you shouldn't post.
Why not?
Maybe the other posts will make me realize there might be ways to improve upon the film, maybe finding out about movie news will pique my interest... but regardless I don't have to be in love with the subject of the thread to be able to state my opinion, in a non-offensive/non-confrontational way.

Yes, but the fact is...they are making a sequel.

And this thread is about what characters you would like to see in said sequel.

This isn't a "I hated Wolverine, so no sequel!" thread. We have other threads for that discussion.

As far as this thread, let's stay on topic, please.

sooo yeah.

Silver Samurai!!

I want to see some yakuza! Guns blaring, at least one bar brawl?

And some sword vs claw with Silver Samurai & Wolverine.

This.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"