The Avengers What Convoluted Storyline do you want to see in the movie?

Artistsean

Monkey Boy
Reaction score
What storyline do you eventually want to see in an Avengers movie, no matter how confusing and convoluted it is?
In the comics, because of all the crossovers and characters and comic story lines, things are a lot more mixed up and confusing and unrealistic. Spider-Man originally got his black costume from the Beyonder as part of the Secret Wars where all the heroes and villains were fighting in a giant game in space.
So,
Out of all the convoluted Avengers story lines what do you hope to one day see in all its convolutedness?

Me personally, I want to see the Ultron/Vision stuff.
Ultron is the physical manifestation of Hank Pym's unstable mental state. He is Pym's hatred of the Avengers, his inadequacy feelings and low self esteem and dark thoughts, made into a robot.
Then Ultron, as a weapon against the Avengers, creates the Vision. Vision turned out to reject Ultron and helps the Avengers defeat him.
I want these ideas in the movie.
Not only because of Ultron representing Pym's dark side. But also him being a sort of son to Pym.
Then Vision is Pym's grandson.
Then I want the Avengers to use Wonderman's brain patterns on the Vision,
So the vision and Wonderman become sort of brothers.
So you have Pym (the Father) Janet (the mother), Ultron (the son) Vision (the grandson) and Wonderman (Vision's brother).
UltronFinch.jpg
002VIS.jpg

It would be such a fun family dynamic in the Avengers, fun way to have the characters relate to each other.
But that would also require showing all the stuff that leads up to that family dynamic. The creation of Ultron, Vision, and the brain pattern stuff. (probably Wonderman's coma too)

I also want to see the cast become a rotating one, where by film 4 we can start to see some characters leave and others join the team. Maybe film 4 has Cap leading Hawkeye, Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, and others. And eventually we can get an entirely different cast of characters than in the first one. with no sign of Cap, Thor, Hulk, IronMan, and the rest. Eventually we can have Ms. Marvel, Hercules, Jacosta, She-Hulk, Namor, and so on.
Avengers.gif

What crazy, out there, or to busy, story ideas do you want to see in the Avengers movies?

Last edited:
Honestly I'd like the main plot of the film to be based on Ultimates 2, with the Hulk fight in New York from Ultimates 1 being the first battle with all the avengers together.

Why on earth would anyone want a "convoluted" storyline in a movie?

I just mean there are certain storylines that, because its a comic, are more complex and drawn out and compiled with other characters.
Like the Pym/Ultron/Vision/Wonderman story.
The movies might streamline it to where Pym creates Ultron but that's it. Forget Vision, or maybe they wont have Vision get Wonderman's brain patterns making them in the movie not brothers. Or maybe Pym isan't the Ant Man they use but they still introduce Ultron.

but for me, I would love to see Pym create Ultron, Ultron create the Vision, and Vision get Wonderman's brain patterns and essentially become his half brother. For a movie these storylines might be too convoluted, but I would seriously miss them. For me changing them would eliminate some of the ideas these storylines brought up, Ultron being Pym's "son" and a representation of Pym's dark side. Vision is sort of Pym's grandson, and rejects his father (Ultron), Wonderman and Vison become sort of like brothers.
But if you change any of this, even turning Pym into a normal guy without mental issues, would change things for me.

What about any others?
What about Pym constantly changing his costume and identity? what if they don't introduce Swordsman as Hawkeye's mentor (what if they made him a SHIELD agent)? Not saying that the story in the movies should become convoluted but what things would you miss from the comics?

1. The Korvac Saga
2. Kang vs The Grandmaster/ Avengers vs The Squadron Sinister/ Avengers vs The Invaders

What about Count Nefaria? Evil businessman/mobster-type gets super-powers.

Yeah, didn't he get powers from several different villains to become a Superman type?
Like while he couldn't fly exactly he had Whirlwinds power or something?
That would be cool, but convoluted.

Ultron! Vision!

Also, remember Avengers #2 of the Busiek/Perez run? Where all the Avengers are transported to Medieval times by Morgan LeFay? Don't tell me that wouldn't be hilariously AWESOME on screen.
57713205.jpg

Also, the Avengers fighting a super-powered Count Nefaria could be damn cool.

Ultron would be good... maybe the second Avengers movie or third could use it as a main villain

See, I think Ultron would be likely to appear in a movie. A souped-up robot going out of control could be done easily.

Harking back to a WWII villain either resurrected or the modern heir, combined with a multi tiered Loki deal that only Loki knows the full extent of, combined with some kind of scientific or mystical threat unleashed by the WWII villain (but not just a bigger, harder to take down version of any of the Avengers like Warmonger, the Destroyer armour, the Whiplash mark 2, or the next generation of supersoldier) and protected by a gathering of associates - thats the kind of convoluted plot that can be linearly told and logically laid out that I want to see

So some variation on the Masters of Evil?

Pretty much yeah - but without the name as its about as daft for a movie audience to swallow as "Brotherhood of Evil Mutants". Brotherhood of Mutants - sure. But of Evil Mutants? Or Axis of Evil, or Masters of Evil? Daft.

But yeah - I'm not that interested in several leader figures fighting over whose in charge. But I think a collection of powerful but not world domination-minded villains is needed to provide a viable threat.

Forget the Masters Of Evil I want The Liberators

Ultimates_Liberators.jpg

Ultron would be good... maybe the second Avengers movie or third could use it as a main villain

Directly adapt the now classic Ultron Unlimited Perez/Busiek epic!

avenultronunlimitedz.jpg

Take over a nation plus massive Avenging action!!!!!

- Loki is the main villain who's mind-controlling Hulk and Abomination during the entire movie.

- At the end, Loki is taken away by Odin for his punishment, Abomination dies, and Hulk turns back to Bruce but put into S.H.I.E.L.D. custody for his actions(he sees Loki trying to harm Betty, and returns back to "normal", but attacks Abomination, Loki and the Avengers themselves, thus giving Fury no choice but to arrest Banner).

- Captain America and Iron Man starts to work together throughout the film and become "co-captains" of the Avengers team, which has the following "teammates": Thor, Black Widow, Hawkeye, Giant Man, Wasp and War Machine.

- General Ross starts to work with S.H.I.E.L.D. alongside Nick Fury. And JARVIS is programmed inside the Helicarrier.

- During a massive riot caused by Abomination's escape from S.H.I.E.L.D.'s headquarters, Justin Hammer escapes and ends up being abducted by the Ten Rings(but a different faction from the one shown in IM1) to set up Iron Man 3.

Last edited:
Kree skrull war, get the avengers into space. Get interest for cosmic stuff. Let people know it really is a marvel universe not just earth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"