What creative talent should Gunn and Safran go after?

Creatives that are competent and also have passion for the stories they're telling.
It's nice to imagine the hypothetical scenario of a David Fincher Batman movie or something, but in reality I'd much rather have a Matt Reeves that's actually passionate for the character. Joseph Kosinski may sound nice on paper but if he doesn't care about Superman then it's a moot point.

Russo Brothers for The Justice League.

Jon Watts for Man of Steel II

Been thinking about the announce projects. This is where I've ended up...

Superman: Legacy - James Gunn
The Authority - Leigh Whannell
The Brave and the Bold - Andy Muschietti
Supergirl: Woman of Tomorrow - Greta Gerwig
Swamp Thing - James Mangold

I wish that Peter Tomasi was doing some consulting/ script writing on Superman: Legacy. I saw him at a comic con and mentioned to him that his script for the animated Death of Superman movie was the best of any Superman film I’d ever seen. He responded, “that really means a lot. I just wish those knuckleheads in Hollywood would figure that out.”

Superman Legacy - James Gunn
The Authority - George Miller
Brave and the Bold - The Daniels
Supergirl - Joseph Kosinki
Swamp Thing - Robert Eggers
Paradise Lost - Craig Mazin
Lanterns - Taylor Sheridan/David McKenzie
Booster Gold - Seth Rogen/Evan Goldberg

Since we already know that Mangold is doing Swamp Thing and Gunn is doing Superman...

The Authority - Drew Goddard or Dan Trachteberg
Brave and the Bold - Joseph Kosinski, Goddard or Dan Trachtenberg.
Lanterns - Damon Lindelof

The rest I'm not so sure.

Since we already know that Mangold is doing Swamp Thing and Gunn is doing Superman...

The Authority - Drew Goddard or Dan Trachteberg
Brave and the Bold - Joseph Kosinski, Goddard or Dan Trachtenberg.
Lanterns - Damon Lindelof

The rest I'm not so sure.

With how James Gunn described that series as being very much in the vein of “True Detective”, which very much deals with philosophical/existential/spiritual musings in the midst of solving a seemingly unsolvable mystery that tests the two main characters’ wills and limits, and knowing Lindelöf’s past works, he would be absolutely perfect for that.

Greta Gerwig.

She'd make an awesome, fun and colorful Supergirl movie. She's already in bed with WB.

Do it. :SG:
Should be a priory get if she’s interested. :up:

Chad on batman would be neat. Get him a great script and let him cook. Moderately high budget and whatever works. Donnie yen as Ra's al ghul.

Joseph Kosinski on a project would be neat.

Michael b Jordan directing and acting in a static movie. He can play Icon or something like that.
I assume the Val zod show isnt happening.

Then name names, dammit!

I think they may have their director for Brave and the Bold but probably won't make an announcement until after The Flash is out, to fully let Keaton's return breathe. At least, that's what they should do.

Even beyond Batman, there's enough DC content and news to follow to make some headline for most the whole year without even talk about the DCU: The Flash release, some more Penguin casting announcement, the release of Blue Beetle, probably a Joker 2 teaser, news for The Batman 2, Aquaman 2 release...
Just let all that happen and only then start building momentum for the brand new big thing to come, without any of the "old stuff" interfering or possibly confusing your communication (I've read some people thinking Shazam 2 or Blue Beetle are Gunn's "new" DC movies...).

James Gunn - Superman Legacy
Matthew Vaughn - The Authority
Andy Muschietti - The Brave and the Bold
James Mangold - Swamp Thing

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back