BvS What did Snyder improve about Batman and the Batworld from previous films?

Aesthetics. In that department, Batfleck is the best by far, imo.

But that's it, honestly.

Suit, Gadgets, Batcave, Bat-vehicles, Fighting style, Detective skills (to an extent), Scariness factor

OMG the first scene. Felt like a supernatural being.

Nothing lol. I not even like the suit I think he look too bulky and chubby in it. Face look fat sometimes too.

I thought Jeremy Irons as Alfred actually was the best Alfred. I actually believed he used to be much more than just a butler, even as an old man Irons looks like a bad-a@@. He looks like he could have been James Bond in his early life or something.

The cowl is awesome. Best one ever. Don't change it. (I like the overall suit, but I know they'll tweak it.)

The Batmobile (I liked the Tumbler, and Keaton's, too).

This Batman is the best fighter yet. I don't think anyone can argue otherwise.

Irons was great, too. He didn't have a lot of screen time, but he shined.

The fight scenes, the suit, the batmobile and the gadgets. That's it for now, we'll see how he is in future films.

For one thing he doesn't sound like a man with marbles in his mouth
Another thing is that he's actually intelligent and can build his own gadgets now and isn't depending on people like luscious fox all the time
He also fights like a force of nature and not someone who can't move his neck in the suit

Yeah his voice, fear factor and combat system fighting style is superior to anything that's come before.

I really don't like the whole 'changing his voice with a sound effect' thing or super-growly voice. Always found it a bit silly, and it was like they took it off the deep end in BvS.

[YT]MX6Y1HQ-Pcw[/YT]

Everything! This Batman was almost perfect for me!

Everything minus the characterisation, based soley on the fact there's unnecessary killing going on

He sounds better, looks better, fights better, better batcave, bat suit etc, I even think Affleck acts the part better taking into consideration a much weaker script

Nothing really.

I don't think the suit is the end all, be all.

So, I think the decision to use the voice modulator is a great way to produce what Bale had the balls, and acting ability to attempt on a more CONSISTENT basis, making it sustainable. Apart from the every so often awkward scene of out of breath, growling Christian we had to endure.

However, all it does IMO is further validate Bale's superiority in the role as an actor, and making it his compared to Affleck.

Snyder's fight coreography isn't even better. It was very much the same type of martial arts as Nolan's only with heightened comic book aftermath. Even the knightmare scene, felt really plodding, and Affleck even more visibly counting his steps in the coreography.

I like the blending of the Burton and Nolan world however both for Gotham, the Batmobile, and the aesthetics to the character. It was a great balance of functionality, and gothic comic book aesthetic.

Batman's first introduction is right there with Keaton' in B89, and Bale's in Begins. That was a well shot scene. Very creepy.

Afflecks fight choreography was comfortably better. Some of what cropped up in the Nolan trilogy was downright embarrassing for a Batman film. Also it's not a question of having the balls to do the voice, it's having the sense to realise a ton of people found Bale's embarrassing and thus they improved upon it and in a clever way too, Bruce's voice could never slip out if it's under the influence of a voice modulator

Snyder? The aesthetics.

I liked his Batcave (though wouldn't go as far to call it an improvement so much as something different). The suit was the best we've ever had. The fight scenes were the best we've ever had.

I liked the new Alfred. Again, wouldn't call it an improvement, but something different.

Affleck contributed more.

Stature, suit, presence, and voice. I can see why the voice modulator was used... just keeping the persona going of a supernatural being and keeping the intimidation factor high.

I'll always like the B89 batmobile the most even though I hear it's campy.

I also agree on the reveal scene of Batman in BvS. Very well done.

As far as Alfred, didn't mind this iteration of him being a tech-mind and resource. I felt that was lacking in the Nolan universe. I thought it was too much in the Arkham game series. BvS got it right in my opinion.

Everything, but no-kill rule. Batcave, Alfred, Batmobile, fighting scenes, voice, gadgets, batcave, Wayne murder, Ben Affleck, fear factor... Excellent.

Last edited:
I'm glad that the "No Kill" policy was destroyed with a resounding carpet bomb on idiot thugs. :funny:

But seriously watching this Batman fight was like watching the Arkham games come to life. It was just absolutely incredible. I loved Wayne and Batman's style in general in this movie. It's rigid but stylish, brutish but darkly beautiful, psychotically passionate and a lot of heart.

Improvements? Nothing to be honest. Just another take on Batman to me. I'm done on comparing and contrasting Batmen. Each one has different characteristics based on the story, the setting and the narrative.

Fighting style and mobility/evasive maneuvers.

Really loved the usage of the grappling hook in BvS. Using it to grab projectiles or a henchmen and throwing them at other henchmen.

The fights and the voice, just to name two that were frankly bad with Nolan.

And I'm glad they finally did something different with the suit after 27 years.

Fighting style and mobility/evasive maneuvers.

Really loved the usage of the grappling hook in BvS. Using it to grab projectiles or a henchmen and throwing them at other henchmen.
Loved the attention to detail with the grappling hook. When hooking it onto criminals they would squirt out a little bit of blood.

Beastly.

Great suit in terms of mobility, and general aesthetic, even though I prefer the black... I liked the Batcave, I didn't mind the voice at the end of the day...

But beyond that...

Well, let's see....

Voice? Keaton is still king. I think using a modulator is ultimately a very safe decision that doesn't take any real creativity. And say what you will about Bale's voice, but at least it's identifiable. Can't say the same in Batfleck's case.

Batmobile? West, Keaton, and Bale all had better Batmobile's. Those three Batmobile's helped redefine how you saw the Batmobile, IMO. Batfleck's car is just the Burtonmobile crossed with the Tumbler. Once again, another aspect of Batfleck that doesn't really stand out compared to other Batmen.

Suit? One of the two aspects that Batfleck has over competitors. Comic accuracte, tough looking, and seemingly flexible. Not my ideal Bat Outfit, but after 30 + years, a live action Batman's finally wearing Gray in his Outfit again. Can't complain about that.

Fighting? The second thing Batfleck has over the others. The Warehouse fight is the only scene in the movie I was actually impressed with.

Batcave? Meh, no better or worse than others, I think.

Alfred? Jeremy Irons is a good Alfred...but until he gets better material to work with, he's below Michael Caine for me.

Gotham? One of the more unremarkable ones.

Comic accuracy? Adam West remains the most comic book accurate Batman. He is light hearted Batman come to life.

Intelligence? West still squashes everybody, and Batfleck seemed kinda foolish at times. I'd still say Bale is smarter, too.

Overall performance? Not as iconic as West, Keaton, or Bale. There's room for improvement, though. He managed to steal the show in BvS, but BvS is a mediocre-to-bad film, and he's the one aspect that filmmakers seemed to actually care about. The first live action Batman to steal the show in a movie as high profile and/or good as TDK or B89 will probably be THE definitive Batman, IMO.

Last edited:
The fighting ability, his dark nature, supernatural being, the bat mobile and the cave.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"