Iron Man 3 What DIDN'T you like about Iron Man 3? *SPOILER ALERT*

I liked the stuff with Tony out of the suit, for the same reason I love Superman stories where he doesn't use his powers beyond his super senses and it's just a little noir adventure where he solves a mystery as Clark Kent. Taking an established character and putting them into a kind of situation that they don't normally deal with is just fun.

For a while, okay. Not an entire movie where the title name is barely on the screen.

Anyone can improvise weapons out of kitchen appliances in the middle of a fight with a person who has super strength?

Is the only person you know MacGyver?

when you have 50 suits back at home why dont you call one to come help

For a while, okay. Not an entire movie where the title name is barely on the screen.

Why? If the movie is still entertaining and it comes naturally from the story then why does it matter?

Because his house got blown up and they mentioned several times throughout the movie that some kind of repair protocol was underway before they were ready to launch.

Why? If the movie is still entertaining and it comes naturally from the story then why does it matter?

When you put the name of a superhero in the title, that's not only a title but a promise. If that promise in unfulfilled you feel disappointed and/or just wondering why on earth they made a movie about a character that is not on the screen.

I would go and see a movie called "Tony Stark's Adventures" if that was what I would actually see.

When you put the name of a superhero in the title, that's not only a title but a promise. If that promise in unfulfilled you feel disappointed and/or just wondering why on earth they made a movie about a character that is not on the screen.

I would go and see a movie called "Tony Stark's Adventures" if that was what I would actually see.

But the character was on screen. Tony Stark and Iron Man are the same person.

It just seems like a really weird distinction to me.

But the character was on screen. Tony Stark and Iron Man are the same person.

It just seems like a really weird distinction to me.

They're not the same.

If they were totally the same, Stark would have never built the armor to start with. Tony Stark doesn't fly, nor has repulsor blasts.

They're not the same.

If they were totally the same, Stark would have never built the armor to start with. Tony Stark doesn't fly, nor has repulsor blasts.

I think you missed the point of the movie. Tony Stark is what makes Iron Man, Iron Man. Not just a guy in a suit.

I think you missed the point of the movie. Tony Stark is what makes Iron Man, Iron Man. Not just a guy in a suit.

I think in what you say the suit is still needed to have Iron Man.

And it's not like we didn't know any of what you said there since maybe before the first Iron Man movie.

hit or miss and sometimes I'll timed comedic moments throughout filmthe mandarin turning out to be an actor. the movie did have some great moments. but overall to me it was meh. :spidey:

because the entrance was buried under rubble and he couldn't get them out till the crane cleared them, honestly they both showed and said this on screen

because the entrance was buried under rubble and he couldn't get them out till the crane cleared them, honestly they both showed and said this on screen

yet by the time he calls them there are already several out of the Iron-cave.

seriously though...50 Iron man armors and rubble keeps them back...especially since one of them is a Hulk Buster Armor....

The Mandarin thing being a big letdown.
The **** of War Machine to have the crappy Iron Patriot in its place.
Too much attempted humour to be taken seriously.

The Character of Mandarin and whole Killian Scheme was Faulty all time .

Ironman Blew up his entire Iron Force just as sign of his devotion to Potts .

I still didnt get the point why was tony wandering around if he could call his entire Iron Army at the first time he was attack .

Ironman gets cured well then why was he waiting to undergo surgery till the 3rd movie .

IM3 was a huge disappointment for me. I was expecting the Mandarin so it was no big deal. but I was expecting some you know .. actual competent badass iron Man action. hated kid sidekick ( although for such wasn't terrible. I hated I waited all movie for Tony to be Iron Man and I never really got to see him really in action except the plane where he wasn't even in the suit. I hated all the suits including the Iron Patriot were basically useless. I hated we got very little Tony and pepper . I hated super Pepper. Finally I hated the neat little last minute wrap up including the Arc reactor removable as an after thought.

Wow! That felt good.

I don't like the ending of this movie. Before this i watched fast and furious 6 which i feel is among one of the best hollywood movie of 2013 till now.

Last edited:

The same could be said about Batman.

I really liked Iron Man 3 and I'd say the only thing that I didn't like was Rhodey. Not Cheadle's performance but the way the character is written.

His constant doubting of Tony is starting to irritate me.

IM 3 made The Mandarin look like stupid which was really not acceptable and unwanted twist .

War machine was a joke his entire role killed in this movie .

This Movie looked like Ending of Ironman's career which was basically what Nolan did with the dark Knight Rises .

The same could be said about Batman.

No. Batman in TDKR was enough time on screen. and when he was there it wasn't just the suit but Bruce Wayne in it. Also, he wasn't easily defeated every time he was there. Only when Bane fought him and that was much better than Iron Man in an armor with no weapons that got trapped under the sea in no time.

No. Batman in TDKR was enough time on screen. and when he was there it wasn't just the suit but Bruce Wayne in it.

Enough time for you maybe, I've read others complain about it.

Also, he wasn't easily defeated every time he was there. Only when Bane fought him and that was much better than Iron Man in an armor with no weapons that got trapped under the sea in no time.

Well, Jarvis clearly explains to Tony that the suit is a prototype and has no flight power or weapons online. He uses the suit to basically keep himself safe. There's debris and parts of his house falling on top of him, the suit saves him.

Enough time for you maybe, I've read others complain about it.

Far less time than Batman, no matter how it's put.

Well, Jarvis clearly explains to Tony that the suit is a prototype and has no flight power or weapons online. He uses the suit to basically keep himself safe. There's debris and parts of his house falling on top of him, the suit saves him.

Yes. Bad decision from the writers there. Every way was explored in order to avoid showing Iron Man in action. Even having the suit without Tony in it, or having Pepper suddenly transformed into a superheroine.

Far less time than Batman, no matter how it's put.

Yes. Bad decision from the writers there. Every way was explored in order to avoid showing Iron Man in action. Even having the suit without Tony in it, or having Pepper suddenly transformed into a superheroine.

The entire purpose of the movie was to show how vulnerable Tony had become.

He realizes that he is just a man in a suit.

I have already explained in great detail why the Mandarin twist doesn't work but I also hated the chemistry between Tony and Pepper. In Iron Man 1 they were great but in IM2 and ever since it has been constantly Pepper nagging or complaining and Tony responding in akward speech patterns

There are only 3 things that i didnt like.
1. Removing the Reactor. wtf?
2. The Mandarin. I got way too hyped. (i love the mandarin stories) and i also feel that they couldve done so much more with the mandarin.
3. Lastly is no war machine. Iron Patriot was cool but i wouldve perfered that they went with war machine. again just me.
With that said I still loved the movie. Not the greatest iron man film but pretty good.

The entire purpose of the movie was to show how vulnerable Tony had become.

He realizes that he is just a man in a suit.

Yes, TDKR also was to show how vulnerable Bruce is. Anyways, didn't they cover 'how vulnerable Tony is' in IM2, when he was dying?

The ten rings was a joke and even they killed the Mandarin when killian said "he was real Mandarin" (sigh) i lost my hope .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"