Iron Man 3 What DIDN'T you like about Iron Man 3? *SPOILER ALERT*

Honestly I'm not a big fan of Pepper defeating Killian, they should've let IM defeat his own villain for once.

On Pepper's "death": Though I was mostly sure she would come back, the Mandarin reveal really made me feel like potentially anything can happen. So there was definitely a short period there where I thought "Hot damn, they actually killed her".

And to be honest with you, I sort of wish they stuck with her being dead :o

Honestly I'm not a big fan of Pepper defeating Killian, they should've let IM defeat his own villain for once.

Pepper helped kill Stane
War Machine helped kill Vanko
Pepper Killed Killian

haha

Pepper helped kill Stane
War Machine helped kill Vanko
Pepper Killed Killian

haha

Hell, Stane was the one that killed the leader of terrorists that abducted Tony in the first film.lol

I liked the entire movie but there was two things that i hated:
1. All of the christmas music (I am guessing they filmed the movie during the Christmas season last year and brainwashed all of the actors and actresses with christmas music)
2. No AC/DC

Also, why didn't Tony say something along the lines of "I call that one the Hulk-Buster" when that big IronMan robot lifted that heavy object towards the end? It looked a lot like a Hulk-Buster suit.

And how did Iron Patriot just get knocked out when that extremis solider grabbed his arm?

And where the hell is H.A.M.M.E.R.?

And why have such a weak post-credits scene?

Hell, Iron Man 2 was a better movie in my opinion just because it had a lot more easter eggs and left less questions than in IM3.

Also, why didn't Tony say something along the lines of "I call that one the Hulk-Buster" when that big IronMan robot lifted that heavy object towards the end? It looked a lot like a Hulk-Buster suit.
Because it wasn't a Hulkbuster armor. After Stark having been the strongest proponent for Banner to embrace the Hulk, and succeeding in making Hulk a hero, I don't see why he would create an armor to battle him with.

Mjölnir;25847647 said:
Because it wasn't a Hulkbuster armor. After Stark having been the strongest proponent for Banner to embrace the Hulk, and succeeding in making Hulk a hero, I don't see why he would create an armor to battle him with.

What if the Hulk falls under some spell and turns against the group. Iron Man would have to help keep him in check at that point or at least try. Gotta prepare for all situations. Just like Batman having his sliver of kryptonite.

What if the Hulk falls under some spell and turns against the group. Iron Man would have to help keep him in check at that point or at least try. Gotta prepare for all situations. Just like Batman having his sliver of kryptonite.
If he turns against The Avengers they'll have Thor there, just as last time Hulk was in an uncontrollable rage. Thor didn't go all out in that fight. Which of course also means that he would have to build a Thorbuster armor.

Of course Iron Man can help, but even then I'd say that he's more likely to be effective against Hulk by having strong weaponry and moving quickly out of Hulk's range. I never saw why he would try to build an armor that could brawl with Hulk.

But in the end I just think it would seem very contrary to TA to have him worry so much about Hulk after he was the one that truly believed in him. Of course it's in practice a moot point since all of the armors were blown up.

What I do not understand, which in turn causes me to dislike it alot..

Is not the Armor suppose to be powered by the Arc reactor in his chest ?
Unless I missed something from #2 (As #1 it is stated quite clearly it is powered by the arc reactor).

So therefor.. how could the armor lose power (and later be charged).

(also did not like the fact every little part of the armor could fly.)

And how did Iron Patriot just get knocked out when that extremis solider grabbed his arm?

Hell, Iron Man 2 was a better movie in my opinion just because it had a lot more easter eggs and left less questions than in IM3.

I disagree here. More easter eggs don't equal more quality. If anything IM2 ended up being filler, building towards The Avengers. Fury, Black Widow, and Coulson kept popping up not really contributing to the story. IM2's post-credits scene didn't have anything to do with the movie. "Remember, Thor's up next!" Meh.
It was said that A.I.M helped with the Iron Patriot but that was still really weak. It could've been at least a short fight. Two of the three Iron Patriot (with Rhodey in the armor) appearances I remember were just jokes. That was annoying.
I'll still take 3 over 2 any day.

I disagree here. More easter eggs don't equal more quality. If anything IM2 ended up being filler, building towards The Avengers. Fury, Black Widow, and Coulson kept popping up not really contributing to the story. IM2's post-credits scene didn't have anything to do with the movie. "Remember, Thor's up next!" Meh.
It was said that A.I.M helped with the Iron Patriot but that was still really weak. It could've been at least a short fight. Two of the three Iron Patriot (with Rhodey in the armor) appearances I remember were just jokes. That was annoying.
I'll still take 3 over 2 any day.

But all of the post credit sequences have been about whats coming next....IM with the Fury reveal and mentioning Avengers, TIH had Tony showing up telling them they were putting together a team, IM2 teased Thor, Cap's was a trailer for Avengers...

this one didnt do any of that and seemed to be a last minute add on

It had more to do with the actual movie than the one from IM2. That's my point. I didn't love it or anything. It just fit more.

Tony having the Arc-reactor removed.In IM2,the whole film revolved around him finding a cure for palladium poisoning.Why didn't he have the shrapnel removed in the first film,if it were an option?(not to mention in Avengers,he seemed to make peace with his condition)

There are some other things I resisted,(that TDKR also had,ironically) Tony giving up the suits,Tony out of suit for long periods and Pepper actually defeating the villain.

I don't necessarily hate Tony having his arc reactor removed (though I don't like it), but I DESPISE how it was handled so nonchalantly in the last few minutes of the film.

This was funny
[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyiiKzuz7W8&sns=em[/YT]

I dont get HOW the Pepper's so called death scene was supposed to shock us when he had only JUST been told that the extremis either works and you become a lava person OR you instantly explode after you get injected ,so that was just bad writing and it seems the writer just forgot what he had already written! I mean the second she dropped I was like" oh big deal shes gunna be ok" I mean did EVERYONE miss the part where she was injected? maybe the actual crucial time for her when the Super-Soldier serum is either going to work or not and the REAL tension is on wasn't played up enough! ooor is it that most dont have a mature ability to pay attention?

and AGAIN there is ONLY ONE explanation as to why Tony FINNALY had the chest reactor removed and its tied to HOW he cured Pepper of extremis and was even told to us throughout the movie that he knew of the science behind extremis .

I find it funny that this so called story of how Tony the man is still strong without his suits (even tho this is called IRON MAN) ends up doing the opposite! a man most noted for his seemingly super human ability to design and create suits that turn him into a superhero ,take this mans creations and make them seemingly powerless and unreliable and THAT is supposed to convince you of Tony's ability? you weaken his creations and you weaken HIM as HE IS IRON MAN ! the suit without him is just a suit him without the suit is just Tony ,combine the two and you have the superhero know as IRON MAN and Shane Black didn't give a crap about that! he crapped on the Mandarin,WAR MACHINE,IRON PATRIOT, and IRON MAN himself! but it had jokes and explosions so who cares huh?

I don't necessarily hate Tony having his arc reactor removed (though I don't like it), but I DESPISE how it was handled so nonchalantly in the last few minutes of the film.

That and Pepper being cursed of the extremis off camera without much explanation. I, for one, was interested in seeing a super-powered Pepper in subsequent films, having to deal with all the complications that has but no. I also wasn't quite sure why Stark destroyed all of his suits other than to show being Iron Man wasn't going to consume his life. But still, all of his suits?

The ending was very rushed, unfortunately so.

Because that would be out of place, and silly

AIM did the redesign and knew how to deactivate it

Still in prison? what role would they possibly play in this story

To each his own?

I hope you never write a movie...

After seeing it a 2nd time some of my complaints were alleviated, such as Tony's reaction to Peppers death, he did react and for a good few seconds had to hold back the tears until seeing Killian just pissed him off.

Other remained though, no action scene for War Machine/Iron Patriot, yeah it was good to see Rhodey do some soldier stuff but give him some action in the suit as well, at least one fight against an Extremis soldier.

Tony not being in the suit enough, especially in the final battle, surely there was a particular armour with which he could do more damage to Killian and the Extremis soldiers, yet he was barely in the suit for the whole thing, or the rest of the movie, this didnt detract from my enjoyment too much but it was a dissapointment.

This was funny
[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyiiKzuz7W8&sns=em[/YT]

Video isn't visible. Fixed for you.

[YT]TyiiKzuz7W8&sns[/YT]

And yes, this was very funny. LOL, my fave quote from the vid.

"And Downey went around saying, "Wait until you see the Mandarin!" He was mocking us all! Mocking our naivete!"

:lmao:

Last edited:
I liked the entire movie really. I am kinda bummed that we didn't get Ben's Mandarin but it was still a decent performance from Guy. But my only real complaint is that Shield isn't involved or really mentioned in the movie. I mean Mandarin/ Killan is a global terrorist and he is treating the President of the United States and nobody from Shield bothered to check out what was going on? But yet, Shield is involved with Cap's story in Winter Solider which apparently has scenes in or takes place in D.C where a political figure is targeted or something. Nick Fury, Maria Hill, and Black Widow are all around and helping Cap. Its kind of a WTF moment for me considering what Mandarin/ Killian was doing in Ironman 3. The only logical explanation I have is that Ironman 3 and Winter Solider storylines happen around the same time or both stories are tied together some how.

Last edited:
I hated the epilogue. Was too much of a neatly wrapped bowtie ending for me; I didn't like how everything was either nonchalantly resolved or casually explained away. A more ambiguous, uncertain ending would have been preferable, considering everything that happened.

Other than that, stellar film and a great way to kick off the summer season. Bring on the rest of 'em.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"