Iron Man 3 What DIDN'T you like about Iron Man 3? *SPOILER ALERT*

There were a lot of issues with it, overall it seemed too much like a Michael Bay film.

I didn't like the twist.The Mandarin looked like he was gonna be a bad ass villain (a change for marvel) and the twist ruined it for me although the scene was funny.

*Looks at thread title*

An betterr question to answer would be what DID I like..... because there wasn't much.

*Looks at thread title*

An betterr question to answer would be what DID I like..... because there wasn't much.

Was just going to say the same thing. Downey Jr., the scene where his house is blown up and a few minutes of the Iron Man drones, that's literally it for me. Movie was, for lack of a better word, awful. Which sucks because the first Iron Man movie was great, but the sequels were both very disappointing.

Using Shane Black as director and co-writer is a mistake. I frankly don't understand people who defend this movie because it was a commercial success. Being a commercial success doesn't mean everyone like it. Ironman 3 become a commercial success because of the expectation from viewers and fans alike after the success of the two prequels. I knew Kevin Feige intended the mandarin twist and give complete control to shane black, but it is a mistake on his part. Not only the twist, but shane black made the whole movie a mess. I hope marvel will never use shane black again in the future films.
And thanks to IronMan 3 all the MCU haters have their justified reasoning

Last edited:
Years later and I'm still in disbelief that they went out of their way to mess up one of Iron Man's greatest villains, if not his greatest. That "twist" was the absolute worst.

Haven't ever walked away from a theatre that disheartened. It just seemed so silly and unnecessary.

I'd love the chance to ask Shane Black and Co. what their motivation was to go out of their way to turn everything upside down like that? They had everything, they had the Mandarin, they had the 10 Rings already set up. Why ignore all of that?? If you don't want to use the Mandarin, just don't use him at all. Don't set him up and then make him some silly phony.

*Looks at thread title*

That's were I am. That movie had me angry disappointed and annoyed so much the Mandarin twist was almost meaningless.

I didn't like the twist.The Mandarin looked like he was gonna be a bad ass villain (a change for marvel) and the twist ruined it for me although the scene was funny.

Among all the issues, that was my biggest one. Marvel has made some good movies but the villains, and I will include Loki in there, have been lame. Heck, my favorite Marvel movie was GOTG and even there the villain was bland.

Another problem I had, and I haven't read this thread so apologies if I'm repeating, but I hated the epilogue where they quickly dispensed of Stark's Arc Reactor heart. That was a big deal for the character and it was treated like it was nothing.

Oh, and don't get me started with Pepper Potts. :cmad:

The "big twist" with Pepper Pots suddenly able to have unexplainable abilities. I think they tried to make Gwyneth more like Angelina Jolie and it didn't seem to work.

Nope it wasn't unexplainable. She was injected with the extremis by Killian. Still was lame though how she became super woman and came in kicking ass at the end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"