How many people want to bet Wolverine will be in the Avengers movie?

What evidence is there that Fox would be interested in a co-production with Disney? Also why would Disney and Marvel want to give some of their profits on the film, just to get wolverine in? That makes no sense.

This argument has no facts behind it and very little common sense.

Evidence? Ok, why would Hmarrs be talking bets if there was evidence, this is all speculation, no different to many threads on these boards, harmless speculation that somehow has been getting more knickers in a twist than usual from some quarters, but Hmarrs has handled the outrageous detractors with good grace, so good on him.

Common sense?

If there are parts of my speculative arguments that you find have very little common sense I wish you would quote them and point the parts out to me that don't make sense, my arguments have been sound, and I find it telling that you have just thrown that out there without quoting any specifics at all.

How about this for common sense applied to the speculation?
I don't know if you're the type of dude/dudette who buys music in the CD format and then studies the writing in the inside sleeve, because very often there are guest appearances from multi-million selling artists, who are signed exclusively to different corporations and are forbidden to appear on other company's recordings, appearing as a courtesy on the other artist's recordings.
This is a mutually beneficial system the record companies have so that they can possibly attract fans of the other musicians to the records of their own. eg Slash appearing on a Lenny Kravitz record courtesy of Geffen Records.
There is no profit share, it is a common courtesy of mutual benefit.

Also, I cited the example of comicbook companies crossing over. In the early 80s George Perez drew about 20pages of a JLA/Avengers team up book before it was cancelled due to bickering between the companies. It was only resurected as an idea in the last 10yrs, and a new book was created.
Why? Because it was all down to the personalities running the companies, that is what these kind of things can come down to, petty bs.
If they can get past any competitive problems like that, anything is possible.

That wasn't a crossover, Jon Favreau was playing Foggy Nelson in Daredevil and was Happy Hogan in Iron Man.

Yes, as has already been pointed out on my behalf, that was a little joke. The actor also directed Iron-Man.

Just because actors and directors can choose to work for two different studios doesn't mean these studios will work together any time soon.

If Bruce Willis makes a movie with Fox and another movie with WB, doesn't mean Fox and WB will make a movie together.

Again, that was a joke, not a serious example I was citing.

You haven't answered the main questions, why would Disney and Marvel want to share their profits with Fox on this movie just to get Wolvie in the movie?

Who said anything about sharing profits? I have been talking about a mutally beneficial courtesy cameo system. Just like that record company example I cited, that is very common, and makes a lot of sense.
Fox allow Jackman a cameo in Avengers, so maybe a few Jackman fans make the effort to go see the film that otherwise wouldn't have, Marvel/Disney benefit.

So in return, Marvel/Disney allow Downey Jnr a cameo in a Fantastic Four re-boot, and Fox benefit from DJnr fans showing up who otherwise would not have.

Last edited:
What evidence is there that Fox would be interested in a co-production with Disney? Also why would Disney and Marvel want to give some of their profits on the film, just to get wolverine in? That makes no sense.

This argument has no facts behind it and very little common sense.

That wasn't a crossover, Jon Favreau was playing Foggy Nelson in Daredevil and was Happy Hogan in Iron Man. Just because actors and directors can choose to work for two different studios doesn't mean these studios will work together any time soon.

If Bruce Willis makes a movie with Fox and another movie with WB, doesn't mean Fox and WB will make a movie together.

You haven't answered the main questions, why would Disney and Marvel want to share their profits with Fox on this movie just to get Wolvie in the movie?
Okay I am going to try this again Slooowly.
First of as much as I dont like it Wolverine is an Avenger.
He is in the Superhero Squad he is in the New Avengers.
So face he is an Avenger Perod.
Now why did Marvel Make Wolverine an Avenger?????

Simple Wolverine Sells anything you put Wolverine on he sells.
He carried all 3 X-men Movies he carries all of the Cartoons as well as the comics.He has his own Movie.

Wolverine sells.

Now do the math what does that do to the Mega Corporation that owns all his right except for the Movie rights.

Guess what Disney will and make no mistake find a WAY!!!!!!!

Now no matter how hard ball Fox may play they do not want to make an enemy out of Disney.

Disney has the bigger clout bigger lawers and bigger pull.

So it's like this Wolverine sells..
And he sells big!!!!!!!!

To put him even as a cameo in an Avenger movie could make a difference of doubling their profit EASY!!!!!!!!!

So you play ball we can make this profitable for both of us or we muscle you and believe me that little Mouse can Muscle.

So is it in the best interest of Fox to hold their ground for integrity reasons and risk spending Millions go head up with Disney on Lawers.

Or is it in their best interest to Loan Wolverine out wich will promote their next Wolverine Movie and for Disney to have the highest priced Superhero in Marvel who turns the biggest profit in their movie.

Think for a minute what is wrong with you guys.

MONEY TALKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They Love making Money!!!
Why wouldn't Fox do it and why would Disney do it if they can all make money!!!!!!!
Disney will offer them a chunk of cash just to lease him out.
(So Disney says Will give 50-100 Million(Drop in the Bucket for Disney)For Twenty Minutes.
FOx says Well were not doing anything with him right now we don't even have to do anything to make a cool 50-100 Mil
it's free Publicity for us)
Disney goes on to make the biggest Superhero movie of all time Gross 800- 1 Bil I dont doubt.If Iron man Alone made 500-600 Mil and Wolverine made 300-400 Mil ...I dont doubt the Avenegers could turn 1 Bil.Maybe more because your talking Hulk,Thor and Cap as well.
Fox Gets free publicity for Wolverine two by a big Avengers Shout out.
Disny doubles it's profits just having Wolverine in the Film!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They real question isn't why would they do it the real question is why WOULDN"T THEY DO IT!!!!!

Wolverine will be in the Avenger Movie!!!!!!!!!!!

And be careful you don't see a freindly Neighorhood freind swinging in as well!!!!

Disney does not and will not play!!!!!!!!!!
There is enough money to go around!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
If they are going to start with this mutually beneficial cameo system, the first step would be to get Wolverine in Captain America for a cameo. But Marvel already missed the boat because they denied Fox from using Nick Fury in FF. So the opportunity has gone by the wayside. It's not happening any time soon.

If this was even remotely plausible then Captain America would have shown up in Wolverine. Or at least Nick Fury.

If they are going to start with this mutually beneficial cameo system, the first step would be to get Wolverine in Captain America for a cameo. But Marvel already missed the boat because they denied Fox from using Nick Fury in FF. So the opportunity has gone by the wayside. It's not happening any time soon.

Why would they grant Fox the rights to use Nick Fury when he has not been established in the Marvel movies yet?
The point is, they wanted to establish Fury in the Iron-Man movie first, and kick-start the shared universe.
My point of plausibility has been, if the Marvel/Disney shared universe takes off in a big way, and Marvel/Disney do not get their rights back to X-Men, Daredevil Deadpool, Elektra and Fantastic Four, there may be some talks for courtesy cameos if Fox get their act together with their own Marvel re-boots.

Which they will have to do or else the Disney suits will get them back. X-Men is sewn up, so it's FF and the rest that have their status up in the air.

Fox have enough characters to do their own shared universe, and even did that little Wolverine ref with MrFantastic doing a Wolverine impersonation.
If they hang onto the rights, it's something that could happen, once the whole shared universe, and all the franchises are in motion.

I would imagine Marvel/Disney would wait to see what kind of quality a FF re-boot would be before they granted any cameos, so it would maybe take a sequel.

edit: and by that same token, Marvel will not be accepting any cameos for a while, as they will want to establish their own independant company, so no Fox cameos in the 1st Avengers, but maybe at some point.

Who knows, but it's possible.
Ideal situation is that Marvel get the rights back of course.

Last edited:
If this was even remotely plausible then Captain America would have shown up in Wolverine. Or at least Nick Fury.

Cap has not even been cast yet, and Marvel would not lend out Fury at such an early stage when all we have seen of him so far is a short cameo in Iron-Man.

My bet is no. Though I understand your thought process.

The already have a franchise rolling with X-Men into Wolverine.

They want another franchise, so they're building towards Avengers with Cap, Iron Man, Thor and Hulk.

Okay read this again::::

He carried all 3 X-men Movies he carries all of the Cartoons as well as the comics.He has his own Movie.

Wolverine sells.

Now do the math what does that do to the Mega Corporation that owns all his right except for the Movie rights.

Now no matter how hard ball Fox may play they do not want to make an enemy out of Disney.

And he sells big!!!!!!!!

To put him even as a cameo in an Avenger movie could make a difference of doubling their profit EASY!!!!!!!!!

So you play ball we can make this profitable for both of us or we muscle you and believe me that little Mouse can Muscle.

So is it in the best interest of Fox to hold their ground for integrity reasons and risk spending Millions go head up with Disney on Lawers.

Or is it in their best interest to Loan Wolverine out wich will promote their next Wolverine Movie and for Disney to have the highest priced Superhero in Marvel who turns the biggest profit in their movie.

MONEY TALKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why wouldn't Fox do it and why would Disney do it if they can all make money!!!!!!!
(So Disney says Will give 50-100 Million(Drop in the Bucket for Disney)For Twenty Minutes.
FOx says Well were not doing anything with him right now we don't even have to do anything to make a cool 50-100 Mil
Disney goes on to make the biggest Superhero movie of all time Gross 800- 1 Bil I dont doubt.If Iron man Alone made 500-600 Mil and Wolverine made 300-400 Mil ...I dont doubt the Avenegers could turn 1 Bil.Maybe more because your talking Hulk,Thor and Cap as well.

They real question isn't why would they do it the real question is why WOULDN"T THEY DO IT!!!!!

And be careful you don't see a freindly Neighorhood freind swinging in as well!!!!

And he sells big!!!!!!!!

The thing is Hmarrs, we have not seen how well many other superheroes sell in the movie world yet. We do not know how well Cap and Thor will go down, they could be Iron-Mans(big hit), they could be Incredible Hulks(do ok).

I would bet Iron-Man 2 will do better than Wolverine 2 right now, the pre-publicity for Wolverine 2 would have to promise one helluva movie to catch up to Iron-Man 2 hype, given the disapointment of Wolverine .
Wolverine could also suffer from over-exposure and under-performance if he is featured in another disapointing movie, he may be suffering a little from this in movie goers minds at this present time.

No-one knew how well Iron-Man would take off, it's all up in the air in regards to how well a superhero will go down in the movie world, all dependant on who makes the movie etc.

So, I would bet right now, a Wolverine appearance would not make *that* much difference to an Avengers movie BO, and this is an educated guess going by comparing where the Iron-Man franchise is right now to the Wolverine one.

edit: But, it would be a nice touch, if handled well, and get some more publicity and hype going, so some more BO, sure.

A lot depends on Cap and Thor for Avengers success.
Let's not forget that Downey Jnr went a long way in Iron-Man, so Thor and Cap could do Incredible Hulk type business if they are just the usual type of superhero movies, but from what we have been reading about them , they promise to be different, WWII setting, Gods etc. It's just down to how well these new directions are presented and how good the leading men are.

Last edited:
My bet is no. Though I understand your thought process.

The already have a franchise rolling with X-Men into Wolverine.

They want another franchise, so they're building towards Avengers with Cap, Iron Man, Thor and Hulk.

I might be picking you up wrong, but they way you put it, it sounds like you think both franchises are at the same studio. X-Men/Wolverine is with Fox.

IM, Cap, Thor, Avengers, Hulk are with Disney/Marvel.

Evidence? Ok, why would Hmarrs be talking bets if there was evidence, this is all speculation, no different to many threads on these boards, harmless speculation that somehow has been getting more knickers in a twist than usual from some quarters, but Hmarrs has handled the outrageous detractors with good grace, so good on him.

Common sense?

If there are parts of my speculative arguments that you find have very little common sense I wish you would quote them and point the parts out to me that don't make sense, my arguments have been sound, and I find it telling that you have just thrown that out there without quoting any specifics at all.

How about this for common sense applied to the speculation?
I don't know if you're the type of dude/dudette who buys music in the CD format and then studies the writing in the inside sleeve, because very often there are guest appearances from multi-million selling artists, who are signed exclusively to different corporations and are forbidden to appear on other company's recordings, appearing as a courtesy on the other artist's recordings.
This is a mutually beneficial system the record companies have so that they can possibly attract fans of the other musicians to the records of their own. eg Slash appearing on a Lenny Kravitz record courtesy of Geffen Records.
There is no profit share, it is a common courtesy of mutual benefit.

Also, I cited the example of comicbook companies crossing over. In the early 80s George Perez drew about 20pages of a JLA/Avengers team up book before it was cancelled due to bickering between the companies. It was only resurected as an idea in the last 10yrs, and a new book was created.
Why? Because it was all down to the personalities running the companies, that is what these kind of things can come down to, petty bs.
If they can get past any competitive problems like that, anything is possible.

Yes, as has already been pointed out on my behalf, that was a little joke. The actor also directed Iron-Man.

Again, that was a joke, not a serious example I was citing.

Who said anything about sharing profits? I have been talking about a mutally beneficial courtesy cameo system. Just like that record company example I cited, that is very common, and makes a lot of sense.
Fox allow Jackman a cameo in Avengers, so maybe a few Jackman fans make the effort to go see the film that otherwise wouldn't have, Marvel/Disney benefit.

So in return, Marvel/Disney allow Downey Jnr a cameo in a Fantastic Four re-boot, and Fox benefit from DJnr fans showing up who otherwise would not have.

Except this isn't the record or comic book industry we are talking about, this is the movie industry. How often do major studios work together on these types of projects? Fox and Disney are too greedy and don't like each other enough to do that.They don't want to help each other out, they want to defeat their opponent. Why wouldn't fox demand money for Wolverine to appear in this film?

The fact is a lot of these comic book movies have been stand alone and have done well on their own, so they haven't needed any cameos from other super heroes to be successful. Iron Man was successful without Spider-Man appearing in the film, so why would Disney feel the need to get Fox involved at all?

Okay I am going to try this again Slooowly.
First of as much as I dont like it Wolverine is an Avenger.
He is in the Superhero Squad he is in the New Avengers.
So face he is an Avenger Perod.

Wolverine sells.

And he sells big!!!!!!!!

MONEY TALKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Disney does not and will not play!!!!!!!!!!
There is enough money to go around!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fox has many nasty lawyers as Disney does and they have no reason to play ball and Dinsey likely doesn't care enough about Wolvie to spend much time getting him into the Avengers movie. Why wouldn't Fox demand money from Disney for Wolvie to appear in the movie?

Last edited:
Why would they grant Fox the rights to use Nick Fury when he has not been established in the Marvel movies yet?
The point is, they wanted to establish Fury in the Iron-Man movie first, and kick-start the shared universe.
My point of plausibility has been, if the Marvel/Disney shared universe takes off in a big way, and Marvel/Disney do not get their rights back to X-Men, Daredevil Deadpool, Elektra and Fantastic Four, there may be some talks for courtesy cameos if Fox get their act together with their own Marvel re-boots.

Which they will have to do or else the Disney suits will get them back. X-Men is sewn up, so it's FF and the rest that have their status up in the air.

Fox have enough characters to do their own shared universe, and even did that little Wolverine ref with MrFantastic doing a Wolverine impersonation.
If they hang onto the rights, it's something that could happen, once the whole shared universe, and all the franchises are in motion.

I would imagine Marvel/Disney would wait to see what kind of quality a FF re-boot would be before they granted any cameos, so it would maybe take a sequel.

edit: and by that same token, Marvel will not be accepting any cameos for a while, as they will want to establish their own independant company, so no Fox cameos in the 1st Avengers, but maybe at some point.

Who knows, but it's possible.
Ideal situation is that Marvel get the rights back of course.

I get Marvel's beef with Fury, but they could have had a sit down with Fox before they came to that decision. They probably didn't have it all planned at the time, so it's understandable that it wasn't able to come to fruition. But a Wolverine cameo in Cap, while would cost Marvel a million at least, would be HARMLESS and should be pursued. And Marvel should be prepared to reciprocate in the unlikely event they work out a deal. Will it happen? No, because LL wanted Maguire for a cameo in TIH and Sony told them to **** off. So whoever made this thread is drinking some real good Koolade.

Another issue, with these Spidey/FF reboots on the horzion, Sony/Fox can definitely make certain things if not ALL things amenable to Marvel's current movieverse, but with Fox sticking to their X-Men continuity, I just have a hard time envisioning the mutant world in Iron Man's universe. They have to start integrating that mutant **** in and it has to go beyond Wolverine. Their needs to be references to mutant characters and such, and I am not talking about spoofs or jokes... ala, Transformers, "Nah man that's three claws dat s***z Wolverine... Rawr!!!"

Last edited:
Is everyone in this thread 12 years old? You people are arguing over stuff that doesn't make any sense. Fox will make the decisions concerning Fox's properties. Sony will make the decisions concerning Sony's properties. And Disney will do their thing, until they acquire all other properties. Even if they where all owned by Disney at this time, Wolverine has stared in four other movies, in another universe, a universe focused on Mutants, not on superheros. Not that they can't mix, like they do in the comics, it just is a little unlogical to do so in a film.

"Is everyone in this thread 12 yrs old?"

"Whoever made this thread is drinking some real good Koolade!"

"You're crazy..ignore him"

etc etc etc etc

Y'know there has been some right unnecesary mudslinging in this thread, from some right uptight folk who have a deficit in mixing a sense of humour while debating and speculating.

I will be back tomorrow to address all the lastest points that have been made, lemme tell ya, and I might have a little mud of my own to sling around a bit.:awesome:

Ok, i don't know but this guy is...stupid?

Sorry but Fox will reboot Daredevil for don't lost rights and make him Marvel/Disney properties, why are you think that an avid studio like Fox put one of the most popular character they have in a Marvel/Disney feature?

It's so stupid and boring. Ah, yeah. If in 2012 in the Avengers movie there isn't Wolverine, the forums kick seriously your ***. Just said.

Ok, i don't know but this guy is...stupid?

Sorry but Fox will reboot Daredevil for don't lost rights and make him Marvel/Disney properties, why are you think that an avid studio like Fox put one of the most popular character they have in a Marvel/Disney feature?

It's so stupid and boring. Ah, yeah. If in 2012 in the Avengers movie there isn't Wolverine, the forums kick seriously your ***. Just said.

Dude, if you're going to come into a thread and call people stupid, I would sort out the grammar/writing problems first, you're coming off a little captain caveman here.

Except this isn't the record or comic book industry we are talking about, this is the movie industry. How often do major studios work together on these types of projects? Fox and Disney are too greedy and don't like each other enough to do that.They don't want to help each other out, they want to defeat their opponent. Why wouldn't fox demand money for Wolverine to appear in this film?

The music industry didn't used to be so accomadating either. You talk as if the music industry is a little more open and communist than the film industry, it's just as competative and cut-throat.

Yes, they do want to outdo each other, but this is something that could be beneficial to both parties.

As for the last question, I already answered that, if Wolverine were to appear, then they could get Tony Stark, for example, in return.
It's the best way for this kind of thing to work.

As for the companies hating each other, that can be down to personalities as I said, if you end up with the right people in control, things can be negotiated, with benefits to both.
Just like that Avengers/JLA, Marvel/DC situation I spoke about earlier.

The fact is a lot of these comic book movies have been stand alone and have done well on their own, so they haven't needed any cameos from other super heroes to be successful. Iron Man was successful without Spider-Man appearing in the film, so why would Disney feel the need to get Fox involved at all?

Well, if the shared universe takes off, superhero movies could be even more successful than ever. It's at an early experimental stage right now, it hasn't really happened yet apart from a couple of after credit cameos.
If this Avengers experiment blows into the stratosphere, you can bet Fox will think of doing the same klnd of thing with their Marvel characters. They already have thought of it, going by the little Wolverine nod they gave in Fantastic Four.

They have just announced a writer for their Daredevil re-boot, they will probably hang onto these characters for a long time. If the shared universe idea is as big a money spinner as it should be, they may look to be more open to courtesy cameos, knowing they are popular with the public.
The bigger the name, the bigger publicity for the movie.

Last edited:
I get Marvel's beef with Fury, but they could have had a sit down with Fox before they came to that decision. They probably didn't have it all planned at the time, so it's understandable that it wasn't able to come to fruition. But a Wolverine cameo in Cap, while would cost Marvel a million at least, would be HARMLESS and should be pursued. And Marvel should be prepared to reciprocate in the unlikely event they work out a deal. Will it happen? No, because LL wanted Maguire for a cameo in TIH and Sony told them to **** off. So whoever made this thread is drinking some real good Koolade.

No, I think Marvel would want to show that they can stand on their own two feet first, having Wolverine appear in Cap could be a show of weakness that they are not confident in Cap selling the movie alone and are going for some cheap publicity for a tiny undeveloped cameo. Unlike the developed integrated universe they are planning.

So, because Sony told LL to **** off, Fox will? Sony would be thinking , 'why should these guys get free publicity off our backs, they wouldn't do the same for us.'
So, now Marvel has proven they are a contender with Iron-Man being massive. Now, they have something bankable to offer back.

even though Marvel knocked them back, the fact Fox asked for a Fury cameo shows they may be amenable to cameo sharing.
Of course, being knocked back might have pissed them off to the idea, but they could also be of teh mind that Marvel had their reasons and were developing and saving the character for their own movies coming out of the starting blocks.

Another issue, with these Spidey/FF reboots on the horzion, Sony/Fox can definitely make certain things if not ALL things amenable to Marvel's current movieverse, but with Fox sticking to their X-Men continuity, I just have a hard time envisioning the mutant world in Iron Man's universe. They have to start integrating that mutant **** in and it has to go beyond Wolverine. Their needs to be references to mutant characters and such, and I am not talking about spoofs or jokes... ala, Transformers, "Nah man that's three claws dat s***z Wolverine... Rawr!!!"

I think you are thinking about it too much here, having a ref to mutants does not mean they have to go into the 'mutant problem' in an Avengers movie, did they do that in the comics? No, stacks of Avengers issues went by without so much as a mention of the mutnat problem, yes, the Sentinals and the X-Men showed up in a single issue or two here and there, but for the main both can exist alongside each other without constantly referencing.

There is nothing in the Iron-Man movie that says mutants can't exist in that world.

Mutants and the X-Men are pretty undercover, they are not well known to the public, in that news report in X2, all they are described as is a mutant underground facility or somesuch.
It's a flurry of news reports and then folk get on with their lives, Pepper Potts and Tony are not going to be standing around at parties talking about mutants necesarily, maybe after a few drinks, 'I'm beginning to feel like a mutant Tony, I've had a little too much tonight.'
There is no problem of integration with that I can see.

Is everyone in this thread 12 years old? You people are arguing over stuff that doesn't make any sense. Fox will make the decisions concerning Fox's properties. Sony will make the decisions concerning Sony's properties. And Disney will do their thing, until they acquire all other properties. Even if they where all owned by Disney at this time, Wolverine has stared in four other movies, in another universe, a universe focused on Mutants, not on superheros. Not that they can't mix, like they do in the comics, it just is a little unlogical to do so in a film.

So, a universe that focuses on mutants(X-Men) mixing it up with superheroes(Iron-Man, Hulk, Cap), is somehow too mindbending a concept for the average cinema going mind to accept, but integrating a world of gods(Thor) is?

I would argue that if the situation were reversed, and Thor was at Fox, you would be arguing that the Thor movies would not mix with Iron-Man conceptually.
We have not seen Thor yet, but you accept that it will work. We have seen two superhero movies set in real, recognisable worlds, and somehow these would not 'mix'?
I think it would be fine, folk just would not think about it as much as you are, they would get on with enjoying the story.
All that kind of thing can be handled if written well, I imagine they are banking on this 'strange' concept handling the Thor/Iron-Man world's integrating, good writing.

and that's the thing, if folk are going to be saying 'these worlds will not mix', they 're not giving the shared universe much room to play with are they? Talking of strange concepts, what about DrStrange? will magic be too much for movie goers minds to handle mixing in with superheroes and gods?
We've already had the Hulk, a mutant of sorts, an engineered mutant, mix with Iron-man.

I suppose a line will have to be drawn somewhere though, although I imagine that line , unfortunately, will be called Howard the Duck.:hehe:

Last edited:
The day a talking duck shows up in a Marvel movie we are all ****ed... but on the mutant thing, I understand the point of Thor mixing in with the universe and how that turns many general movie goers off, when you mention IM, Hulk, and Cap on a team with... a Norse God. Doesn't exactly create a lot of positive vibes. But Marvel understands that and they plan on integrating it properly in Thor. Characters like Spidey, DD, Punisher, I could care less if they cross over because those are primarily isolated scenarios. But mutants is a global issue that you can't simply add it in at a later time. There are several key mutant characters play a role in Avengers and it is something definitely worth acknowledging beforehand. There is still time to integrate, but if they fail to do so in Avengers, or at least by the time there is a sequel to Avengers, then the opportunity will forever pass.

Marvel has the most to lose because that's a whole aspect of the universe that they must completely ignore for the time being. Meanwhile, what can Fox realistically do with a Stark reference here or there? And RDJ ain't gonna be playing Stark forever, so it won't count for anything if it's five years down the road. It's a nice nod to viewers, but it hardly helps them improve their X-Men films. FF can use other Marvel superheroes sure, but the reboot is still up in the air. I don't see a huge benefit for Fox or Sony for that matter. Marvel may greatly desire Magneto's kids in Avengers sequels, so it's apples and oranges. So if this shared universe is going to work they need to work it out now while First Class is in development and a FF reboot (under Fox) remains on the radar. Is there a character Fox can borrow from Marvel that can realistically and dramatically improve First Class, or Wolverine 2? And don't say Hulk because they will never bother with the CGI. I don't see characters Fox absolutely have to have outside of the mutants they already have.

Last edited:
The music industry didn't used to be so accomadating either. You talk as if the music industry is a little more open and communist than the film industry, it's just as competative and cut-throat.

Yes, they do want to outdo each other, but this is something that could be beneficial to both parties.

As for the last question, I already answered that, if Wolverine were to appear, then they could get Tony Stark, for example, in return.
It's the best way for this kind of thing to work.

As for the companies hating each other, that can be down to personalities as I said, if you end up with the right people in control, things can be negotiated, with benefits to both.
Just like that Avengers/JLA, Marvel/DC situation I spoke about earlier.

Well, if the shared universe takes off, superhero movies could be even more successful than ever. It's at an early experimental stage right now, it hasn't really happened yet apart from a couple of after credit cameos.
If this Avengers experiment blows into the stratosphere, you can bet Fox will think of doing the same klnd of thing with their Marvel characters. They already have thought of it, going by the little Wolverine nod they gave in Fantastic Four.

They have just announced a writer for their Daredevil re-boot, they will probably hang onto these characters for a long time. If the shared universe idea is as big a money spinner as it should be, they may look to be more open to courtesy cameos, knowing they are popular with the public.
The bigger the name, the bigger publicity for the movie.

And what if Fox says we don't care if Tony stark appears in a FF reboot or not, we want a ton of money for wolverine to appear in the Avengers movie? Also what if Robert Downey Jr, is too busy to do a cameo, ever thought of that?

Really considering that most these super hero movies did well without cameos from other heroes, I think Fox wouldn't care about these cameos and neither would Disney.

And what if Fox says we don't care if Tony stark appears in a FF reboot or not, we want a ton of money for wolverine to appear in the Avengers movie? Also what if Robert Downey Jr, is too busy to do a cameo, ever thought of that?

Yes, amazingly I did think of that, in my first post(114) on the matter I said 'if the actor is willing', in regards to a Tony Stark/Downey Jnr appearance.

Really considering that most these super hero movies did well without cameos from other heroes, I think Fox wouldn't care about these cameos and neither would Disney.

Fox already asked for a Nick Fury cameo from Marvel.
Marvel/Disney want their characters back, and as FTony has pointed out, the mutant world is a large one to have cut off from the Marvel/Disney stable.
Quicksilver and Scarlett Witch come under the X-Franchise because they started off as part of the brotherhood, and are Magneto's kids, but Scarlett witch especially became a major Avengers character.

Last edited:
The day a talking duck shows up in a Marvel movie we are all ****ed...

not even a cameo? just a little shot of a Duck in a blue suit smoking a cigar in the background of a Stark party would do me.
I would love a faithful HTD movie though. I don't know if it could be done though, maybe a character that is truly best left in the medium of comics.

but on the mutant thing, I understand the point of Thor mixing in with the universe and how that turns many general movie goers off, when you mention IM, Hulk, and Cap on a team with... a Norse God. Doesn't exactly create a lot of positive vibes. But Marvel understands that and they plan on integrating it properly in Thor. Characters like Spidey, DD, Punisher, I could care less if they cross over because those are primarily isolated scenarios. But mutants is a global issue that you can't simply add it in at a later time. There are several key mutant characters play a role in Avengers and it is something definitely worth acknowledging beforehand. There is still time to integrate, but if they fail to do so in Avengers, or at least by the time there is a sequel to Avengers, then the opportunity will forever pass.

Marvel has the most to lose because that's a whole aspect of the universe that they must completely ignore for the time being. Meanwhile, what can Fox realistically do with a Stark reference here or there? And RDJ ain't gonna be playing Stark forever, so it won't count for anything if it's five years down the road. It's a nice nod to viewers, but it hardly helps them improve their X-Men films. FF can use other Marvel superheroes sure, but the reboot is still up in the air. I don't see a huge benefit for Fox or Sony for that matter. Marvel may greatly desire Magneto's kids in Avengers sequels, so it's apples and oranges. So if this shared universe is going to work they need to work it out now while First Class is in development and a FF reboot (under Fox) remains on the radar. Is there a character Fox can borrow from Marvel that can realistically and dramatically improve First Class, or Wolverine 2? And don't say Hulk because they will never bother with the CGI. I don't see characters Fox absolutely have to have outside of the mutants they already have.

Good points, esp about the mutant world being the major part cut off from Marvel. I've often wondered about the rights to Scarlett Witch and Quicksilver. Scarlett Witch having most of her appearances in Avengers etc, very little in X-Men. I know you are supposed to see Quicksilver in XOW, don't know if SW is in there.
I mean, there must be some limit, otherwise Fox , by buying the rights to the X-Men, have rights to *all* mutant characters?!
They're going to make a Deadpool movie? He was never an X-Man, but was part of the Weapon X project. That's one helluva deal they have if they can just take any character vaugely connected to an X-Man and spin a movie off about him.

edit: Ok, I thought of one that Fox could use from Marvel. The Black Widow would be good for a Daredevil movie, y'know, depending on how she turns out in Iron-Man, and the new DD movie that is shaping up, whether they would mix together well onscreen.
But, she was a major character in Daredevil.

Last edited:
Yeah I forgot about BW. Problem is she will be in Avengers and maybe a SHIELD movie, so if DD is out within the next couple of years, SJ will be booked. Unless she plays BW like three times out of like five of her next movies. Cameo, yes. Otherwise they'd have to wait for a DD sequel before they could bring her in, which means her price tag will drive up even more by then. Not gonna happen, but good try. And yeah, I agree Fox really milked this deal for every penny considering they are free to do whatever the **** they want with Deadpool of all mutants. So sad... :csad:

Sup Dave!

Talk about narrow minded people.
Thank ggodness they aren't running these studios.
As absurd as they think our proposal is calling us stupid while needing a lesson in Grammar it is equaly if not more profoundly foolish to sit there and make statements of what studios won't do!!!

HOW DO YOU KNOW????

I KNOW BECAUSE SONY WON'T DO IT!!!
I KNOW BECAUSE FOX IS GREEDY!!!!
I KNOW BECAUSE DISNEY WILL NEVER GO FOR IT!!!!

HOW DO YOU KNOW????
HAVE BEEN AT THE LAST EXCUTIVE MEETING SOMTHING!!!!!!!!

I haven't but there is one thing I do know to make my claim and that's this
if there is money to be made it will be made.
These companies are not going to stand on their priciples and their integrity if there is money to be made!!!
Someone here said your wrong because FOX would demand money for lisensing out Wolverine.
Also who said Fox won't demand money to lisense out Wolverine.Of course they will
thats what I been saying since the beggining.

Money talks!!!!!

Years ago people said Marvel and DC will never crossover they are opposing companies trying to canel each other out!!!!

Aliens vs Predetor will never happen there from two different studios!!!!

Mariah Carrie will never Sing with Whitney Housten they hate each other!!!

Cristina Algilara will never sing with Brittney Spears!!!!

Jorden will never try out for baseball he has too much going for him in Basketball!!!!

Jorden will never come out of retirement!!!

Okay but he won't come out of retirement again!!!!

Okay but I bet he wont come out of retirement again!!!!

Image Comics came to be because a bunch of angry artist left Marvel to start their own companies so you will never see a cross over between Image comics and Marvel comics!!!!

After Mike Tyson bite Hollingfield's ear people said they will never fight again!!!

Yeah well since they are both broke and no one wants to give them a fight they are actually talking about it and it is in the works NOW!!!!
Shook hands on Oprah and everything!!!!
For publicity!!!!

WHY????

What changed all this??????!!!!!!!!!

MONEY!!!!!!!!

MONEY TALKS!!!!!!!!!!!
You guys are so naive!!!!

You need to learn that in life......

NEVER SAY NEVER!!!!!!
One thing I do know is this:
Your right!!!
Yes they are greedy companies!!!!
Yes there in it for themselves!!!!!
Yes they stubborn!!!!

All the more reason I know they will take the bait if they feel they can make some money of off the deal!!!Selfishness and Greed!!!!!!!!

You dont have to care about the other person if there is money to be made.

I bet you guys really believe Hulk Hogan and his wife really got divorced because they were having problems!!!!
And that it wasn't for publicity to to secure their millions from the family of the boy who was in that car wreck with their son!!!
The family that is now looking to sue but will only get a portion of what is in the Hulk Hogan esate not what was settled over to his wife.

Oh yeah and I guess you also believe that Micheal Jackson and Melissa Marie presley got married out of love and not for the publicity that it would bring to both of their careers to accumilate more venue which means more money!!!!!!!!!!!

Drug dealers could be trying to wipe each other out Countries could be at War killing each other and blowing each other up both if there is money to be made out of a joint venture it will happen!!!!!!

After all isn't that why they get into War in the first place???????

No,no that's right people go to War out of integrity!!!!!!

After all can't we all just get along!!!!!!!!

You guys are so Media Fed it's not even funny!!!!!!!!

Bottom line is this I haven't been to an Executive meeting but I know this much if there is money to be made it will happen!!!!

And since Wolverine being in the Avengers movie means more revenue for both companies!!!!!
It gaurantees major and much more Box Office flow for Marvel\Disney and a tremdous pay off for Fox!!!!!
Money for everybody so since their is money to be made with no one losing out and everyone is in a Win,Win situation........

It will happen!!!

WOLVERINE WILL BE IN THE AVENGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"