What do you think of the new Superman costume

I said that's how he looks to young kids today. Kids who spend all day playing Assassins creed and WoW and only know Batman from the movies.

great, so DC should just pander to young kids who clearly dont know anything about superman just so they can sell some books?

You re taking this too personally i see.

its nothing personal that i think superman's character deserves respect. i think it's been earned.

His iconography is 95% the same and everything he represents is still the same. It's just the hardcore fans who are mad that he lost the trunks. Everyone else is like "Superman's suit now has cool abilities so he's cooler now? Nice! Maybe i'll actually pick up a comic book this time."

The core fandom being difficult to change as always, even if they re too blindsighted by their own ego and nostalgia to see that they're hurting the character.

yes....yer right....thats totally what everyone else is saying.

I would have posted the same things, i just thought i shouldnt pretend it's my words, even though it's my thoughts exactly.

But if you dont want to address their good points, then whatever.

yeah im not interested in you presenting me everyone else's opinions on the internet for me to respond to.

But i'm right arent i? If it came down to you, you'd only allow them to redesign his belt buckle, and maybe not even that.

no, yer not right.

You mean just like the entire new 52? It started out as DC's 14th best selling book and it's still in that place because all books are dropping at the same rate.

if a books sales starts out good, then constantly slips from month to month, i'd call that a fleeting success. WW is one third of DC's trinity, their three most iconic characters. There's no reason why the book shouldnt be a top ten book every month featuring some of the best talent in the industry.

Well i could search around the internet and find all the articles that place it very highly among the best of the new 52, but i'm not gonna bother because i dont like your arrogant and dismissive tone as if you're some sort of authority on the issue. If you want to, you can do that search by yourself. You're the one who doesnt like the book and needs it to be bad to justify his opinion.

i need the book to be bad to justify my opinion? yes, because if i've shown anything through this debate its the fact that i want superman to do poorly because i despise the character so much.

And this will be my last post to you for that exact same reason. And as i go, let me be a *****e like the one you've been to me so far. Let me rub it in your face: This is the new suit from now on. Most people love it, but you and your 50 year old pals can keep being grumpy about kids playing in your lawn. Stay mad.

i think yer the one taking this personally now. and....yer making more assumptions about the future of the suit and how other people feel about it.

take care.

I'm actually glad the trunks are gone. Back in the 30's weren't they included as a form of censorship? Why would a invulnerable person need armor?

Siegel and Shuster wanted readers to intuit that Superman was a strong guy, so they based his costume off of circus strongmen of the time. As the times changed, so did our images of strength, but no one updated his duds because they'd become iconic.

The current Superman isn't invincible, which is how they validate his reliance on the indestructible suit. But he seems to wear it at his leisure. I suspect he's inconsistent because of the behind-the-scenes tweaking on Morrison's story; even the way he acquired it felt a little forced.

As far as the New 52 goes I prefer the t-shirt and jeans look over the armored suit.
2572246-ac_cv0_ds.jpeg

2083376-2nd.jpg

1998210-1a.jpg

2083382-02_digital_b.jpg

I don't mind the suit. However, if DC were to adjust it, or give him the Return to Krypton suit as a consequence of Doomed, I wouldn't be averse to it.

But they shouldn't adjust it frequently. They need to establish that Superman has just one new suit, if they stick with the one they have now, I'd actually applaud them given the criticism just never seems to end.

great, so DC should just pander to young kids who clearly dont know anything about superman just so they can sell some books?
Great, so DC should pander to people like you who clearly doesnt like change, just so they can please you guys while going bankrupted and not make a living because no one is buying? No one owes you anything, your comment is selfish.

What do I think of the new Superman costume? Its excessive - in its detailing. So yeah, the Superman costume has seen better days.

I liked it. Yeah, it's a bit over-detailed, which is my one beef with
Jim Lee, too many extraneous lines.

Otherwise I like the new costume. I liked that its not just a circus
strongman costume any more.
Superman, as a character has evolved with time, his costume needed
to as well - and it's about 40 years over-due.

I also like the Action comics #0 look, the cape, t-shirt and jeans look.
While the new kryptonian costume makes him look more other-wordly
the jeans /t-shirt make him more like a regular guy.

Either works for me.

cheers,

:super:

It sucks.....

Superman don't wear armor

Who do you guys think pulls off the t-shirt and jeans look better New 52 Superman or pre New 52 Superboy?

New 52 Superman?
2572246-ac_cv0_ds.jpeg

Pre New 52 Superboy:
1481794-sb_cv1_var_copy.jpg

new 52

he is a folk tale come 2 life

pre 52 is a 'modern' non-costume for peple who are ashamed of superheroes and put them in hoodies and jeans

I'm not a Superman fan, so I'm clearly not attached to it like some folks, but is it really that different? No trunks, a collar, and a red belt are all I really see. I can still clearly see it's Superman. All the giveaways are there: color scheme, s shield, cape, etc. :confused:

As much as I like Clark's t-shirt/jeans look from the DCnU, I like Kon's t-shirt/jeans look better.
2009959-superboy_0.jpg

still my favourite costume smallvile season 11
3278752-smallville+-+season+11+062-016.jpg

Speaking of Kon, does anyone know what was up with that black wrist band he had after he came back from the dead?

I'm not a Superman fan, so I'm clearly not attached to it like some folks, but is it really that different? No trunks, a collar, and a red belt are all I really see. I can still clearly see it's Superman. All the giveaways are there: color scheme, s shield, cape, etc. :confused:
While it still has the basic Superman outline, Jim Lee's lines to make it look like Kryptonian armor look atrocious and the lack of trunks and extending the collar makes the suit look boring because there is now too much blue with very little red to break it up.

While it still has the basic Superman outline, Jim Lee's lines to make it look like Kryptonian armor look atrocious and the lack of trunks and extending the collar makes the suit look boring because there is now too much blue with very little red to break it up.

Agreed

BTW so no one know why Kon wore that black wrist band?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"