What do you want 2012's second marvel studios film to be?

IM3 is a given, looking at the supposedly weak competing movies in May 2010. I hope there's another movie other than IM3 down the pipeline.

My only worry is that IM3 may be too much of a scale down from Avengers. They really have to make that epic for it to hold up against Avengers.... Mandarin... Fin Fang Foom... whatever it takes

My only worry is that IM3 may be too much of a scale down from Avengers. They really have to make that epic for it to hold up against Avengers.... Mandarin... Fin Fang Foom... whatever it takes

Do you think they'll be more likely to opt for solo sequels or avengers sequels for IM, Cap and Thor?

I don't think a scale down will be a problem since IM will be solo in IM3. As long as they up the stakes from IM2, they'll be fine.

Do you think they'll be more likely to opt for solo sequels or avengers sequels for IM, Cap and Thor?

IM3 is the only post solo sequel I am banking on at this point. Thor is tricky. Financial reasons aside, if his character is something that maybe holds back the Avengers movie and the GP isn't too keen on having a Norse God on the roster then the character may be back in limbo. That's unlikely and I am probably being too hard on the character but we'll see. Not expecting Thor 2 any time soon. Best case scenario IMO, they make Thor 2 and then he comes back in Avengers 3. Cap will probably be in all Avengers movies. Don't see solo sequels happening with him.

The Avengers is a platform for Captain America too as traditionally the comics is all about Cap standing firm while all his mightier allies have already fallen. Unrealistic yes, but that's Avengers is all about - it can almost be said as a comic about Cap & his friends. Now movie line might be different because somehow Marvel knows IM in the long run is more marketable but I can't see why Marvel won't stand Steve Rogers to become a better hero than his peers.

I can see a Cap 2 still set in WWII, leaving his modern adventures for the Avengers movies.

Not gonna work if they freeze him in ice at the end of First Avenger.

But it would work if they freeze him in the prologue of the Avengers movie, like they should do!
I am hoping Marvel has enough sense to not paint themselves into a major corner by putting him on ice at the end of his first movie! It would make so much more sense to leave him active and still fighting Nazis at the end of his solo movie!

Runaways has potential.

I would like to see it in 2012.

I can see Iron Man 3 being the other movie in 2012, as Marvel didnt announce one at comic-con though, I dont see them doing another one for 2012 at the moment, IM3 in 2013 sounds more like it as the next movie after Avengers.

I'd like to see Black Panther, Luke Cage, and the Runaways done. But I'd also like to see Cloack and Dagger made as a film for teens. Power Pack should be Marvel's attempt to make a film directly for kids.

i'd like to see..

Namor
Invaders
Union jack ( a british vampire blade-style movie with baron blood as the bad guy)
luke cage and iron fist could be fun in a lethal weapon buddy movie stylee..

A Captain Britain film wouldn't be a bad idea as long as they keep it an adventure film. They should include the original Betsy Braddock and Meggan.

To me, you have to spin a franchise off of The Avengers movie. It'll be THE biggest movie of the year and it would be a waste for Marvel not to capitalize on that fact. It has to be Black Panther or Ant Man.

I'd really like to see an epic Dr Strange movie. Mandrake meets Raiders of the lost ark.
Zachary Quinto would make an interesting Dr Strange.

What do I hope it will be: Iron Fist

What I think it will be: Nick Fury or Black Widow

What do I think its definitely not: Ant-Man, supposed to already be in motion (sorta) and I dont think they would tease its release

Nick Fury Agent of...S.H.I.E.L.D. would be a great move, as Sam L. Jackson signed a 9 picture deal. Black Widow can become an Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D herself, and maybe...Dum Dum Dugan could be added, played by Colm Meany. Nick and pals could take on either...HYDRA or A.I.M. and then you could have Nick Fury join Iron Man and War Machine in Iron Man III, if IM II is a big hit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"